SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 07-25-2016, 07:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeWhatLost View Post
well, over the weekend I started fresh with a new wiz.bin, Walking dead was a simple MediaTitles.xml now fixed most of my issues...
the last remaining trouble series are:
Crusade
Dr Who (2005)
Dungeons & Dragons
Falling Skies
Firefly
which is odd, they all worked just fine when they were VIDEO_TS, actually, the only one I even needed a 'matcher' for was Dr Who.. but that was a simple fix...
wonder why I am having so much issue trouble MKV?
as it is 2016, I cant be the first person who has gone from VIDEO_TS -> MKV?
as a side note, my VIDEO_TS -> MKV batch process missed a couple of my Falling Skies episodes, and those imported properly, found their metadata, and set them as recordings.... so it really seems to just be an MKV thing?
Things like Dr Who (2005) should work better in the newer changes, since I'm not accounting for Years in the TV show title.

The other ones should have imported fine, especially something like Falling Skies... Could I get a full file/path of a Falling Skies that failed?

Something to note... for season/episode info that has to be in the filename... ie, if you have /Shows/Falling Skies/Season 1/EpisodeTitle e01.mkv that that will not import correctly. It would have to be something like... /Shows/Falling Skies/Season 1/Falling Skies - S01E01 - Episode Title.mkv (ie, Show Name and the Season/Episode has to be in the filename)

Quote:
as a side note, a feature request for BMT 2.0, a better way to deal with genre's like some sort of batch change or something to take care of sci fi vs science fiction, etc...
That's a good idea as well... actually I thought that existed... but I just checked, and it doesn't
Old 07-25-2016, 10:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Something to note... for season/episode info that has to be in the filename... ie, if you have /Shows/Falling Skies/Season 1/EpisodeTitle e01.mkv that that will not import correctly. It would have to be something like... /Shows/Falling Skies/Season 1/Falling Skies - S01E01 - Episode Title.mkv (ie, Show Name and the Season/Episode has to be in the filename)
Does the parser receive the full path, or just the filename? Just wondering if the Show/Season/Episode.ext would be possible in the future. I personally don't care, as I've always felt a file should be fully described by itself, and not depend on it's location - so I've always got the full Show - s00e00 - episode.ext - but I do know others have done things that way for a long time, typically for cleaner browsing on limited UI's like older media players and such.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-25-2016, 10:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Does the parser receive the full path, or just the filename? Just wondering if the Show/Season/Episode.ext would be possible in the future. I personally don't care, as I've always felt a file should be fully described by itself, and not depend on it's location - so I've always got the full Show - s00e00 - episode.ext - but I do know others have done things that way for a long time, typically for cleaner browsing on limited UI's like older media players and such.
The current scrapers work off the filename part only (to keep it simple).

Here's the current list of regexes that are used to parse tv filenames...
https://github.com/stuckless/sagetv-...ilenames.regex

That being said, new filename scrapers could be added that would account for other variety... I'm not sure it's worth the effort though. I think for the most part, there needs to be some structure, or else we spend all our time simpler writing code for edge cases.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:41 AM
Sage Expert

full path:
\\TowerB\TV\Falling Skies\FALLING_SKIES_S01E01\FALLING_SKIES_S01E01.mkv

I used to put episode titles in at the end like your "Show - s00e00 - episode.ext" example, but at least with VIDEO_TS, BMT did such a good job of looking it up that I got lazy and stopped... just seemed like an unneeded waste of effort, I only watch them through sage, and BMT always came through....
Old 07-25-2016, 10:50 AM
Sage Expert

quick question,
is actually a bit of a hold over from when it used to be:
\\TowerB\TV\Falling Skies\FALLING_SKIES_S01E01\VIDEO_TS
is there any reason FALLING_SKIES_S01E01.mkv needs to be in its own folder? ie could I just have all the mkv's in the Falling Skies folder?:
\\TowerB\TV\Falling Skies\FALLING_SKIES_S01E01.mkv
\\TowerB\TV\Falling Skies\FALLING_SKIES_S01E02.mkv
\\TowerB\TV\Falling Skies\FALLING_SKIES_S02E04.mkv
etc...
is there any advantage to one over the other?
Old 07-25-2016, 11:11 AM
SageTVaholic

There is no reason for them to be in their own folders - I think most my imported media ends up in a single import folder - rarely do I bother with subfolders. I think the issue you are seeing here is due to the all-caps. a bulk rename of "FALLING_SKIES_" to "Falling Skies - " would probably fix it entirely for you.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-25-2016, 11:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
That being said, new filename scrapers could be added that would account for other variety... I'm not sure it's worth the effort though. I think for the most part, there needs to be some structure, or else we spend all our time simpler writing code for edge cases.
I think that if Sage can understand the major naming conventions that Kodi supports, that should be good enough for the majority. PluckyHD's renamer was written to do just that and--once my recordings were moved and renamed to Kodi conventions--nearly all of my recordings were still recognized by BMT and reimported back into Sage.

Quote:
full path:

I used to put episode titles in at the end like your "Show - s00e00 - episode.ext" example, but at least with VIDEO_TS, BMT did such a good job of looking it up that I got lazy and stopped... just seemed like an unneeded waste of effort, I only watch them through sage, and BMT always came through....
I use MKV for everything I rip and, as long as the filenames are in a good format, BMT handles them fine. Almost all of mine are currently of the format:

Show (Year) - S##E## - Episode.mkv

Falling Skies is in the above format (minus year) and BMT has no issue with it. I do still have a handful of entries in MediaTitles.xml, though, but I believe those are mostly shows with multiple entries on thetvdb.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 07-26-2016, 11:00 AM
Sage Expert

well, Fuzzy's suggestion of not UPPERCASING everything helped a bit... actually, when I checked my backup of the original VIDEO_TS, all my folders had a (mostly) normal Case scheme... somewhere in the bulk conversion Folder names & file names got all upper cased and most spaces replaced by underscores... odd...
so fixing that fixed most of my issues, Dr Who (2005) (dvd rips) still does not want to do the bulk import, although new recordings get metadata just fine... but at this point my MediaTitles.xml is filled with a bunch of different entries for Dr Who with various case/styles/stuff... maybe better to trash the existing MediaTitles and start over....

once I fix the doctor, from a missing metadata point of view, all that is left is validly missing metadata... ie recordings that are missing the episode and season numbers or they didn't show up in EPG to start with... not sure what to do with those... maybe just delete them and hope they air again with better EPG data? or watch them and then delete them? anyway, all is good, or almost mostly good?
either way, thanks for all the help.