SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Run this script from the SJQ client that's having problems:

Code:
def printClassPath(classLoader) {
  println "$classLoader"
  classLoader.getURLs().each {url->
     println "- ${url.toString()}"
  }
  if (classLoader.parent) {
     printClassPath(classLoader.parent)
  }
}
printClassPath this.class.classLoader
Look for duplicate jars in the output.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 04-29-2014, 08:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Will do - but just so I understand this properly - even when you are using a client that is a separate machine from the server, for SJQ what matters is the JARs in the SageTV/JARs folder on the server, correct?
Old 04-29-2014, 08:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Will do - but just so I understand this properly - even when you are using a client that is a separate machine from the server, for SJQ what matters is the JARs in the SageTV/JARs folder on the server, correct?
Nope. The only time the Sage server's JARs folder matters is when you're running the Sage plugin version of the client. Only the plugin version of the client uses the jars in the SageTV JARs folder -- and only the JARs folder of the server/Sage client the plugin is installed on. The standalone client and the Windows service version of the client use their own independent lib folders (and possibly the Groovy system lib folder, depending how groovy is installed/invoked). That script will show you all the jar files that your client is loading. I expect you'll either find duplicates or you'll find you're using an old version of commons-net.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:03 PM
SageTVaholic

So that explains it - my SJQ client is installed in c:\sjqagent and the libs subfolder still had the old commons-net 1.4 file. I had been worried about keeping the JARs in the SageTV server jars folder up to date thinking that these are the ones that were used by clients as I thought that SJQ clients used the JVM on the server.

I will have to post this groovy file once it is done - I am quite proud of it ;-)

And now when I land in Hong Kong on Thursday afternoon I can immediately download the Raptors game from Wed night that would have been played when I was flying over northern China.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:40 PM
SageTVaholic

How do I assign a SJQ job to run against a Timed Recording?
Old 04-30-2014, 06:13 AM
SageTVaholic

You need to assign the task id you want to run to the manual recording's property:

AiringAPI.SetManualRecordProperty(airingObj, 'SJQ4_RecordingStopped', taskName)

Replace SJQ4_RecordingStopped with whichever event you want the task to trigger on:

SJQ4_RecordingStarted
SJQ4_RecordingSegmentAdded
SJQ4_RecordingStopped
Old 05-19-2014, 10:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

I've got a brand new problem! Yeah!

Something went 'snap' yesterday. I "didn't do anything" but now I'm SJQ errors and noticed a possibly unrelated Java error log file from a week or two ago. Java error is attached. When this error happens SageTV service just ends. Starting the service again seems to be OK, but later that day it'll just lock up forcing a reboot.

Today's problem SJQ is just stacking up errors related to "Remote SageAPI is not functional"....

Any suggestions?

Code:
2014-05-19 06:10:50,921 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  sagex.SageAPI - Sage Provider Implementation: sagex.remote.EmbeddedSageAPIProvider; sage://embedded
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     2014-05-19 06:12:18,546 [AsyncWatch] WARN  sagex.SageAPI - Call failed for Service: GetMediaFileMetadata; Args: 0: null, 1: null
sage.a.e: Error in method reflection of GetMediaFileMetadata of java.lang.NullPointerException
	at sage.az.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.e.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.SageTV.api(Unknown Source)
	at sagex.remote.EmbeddedSageAPIProvider.callService(EmbeddedSageAPIProvider.java:16)
	at sagex.SageAPI.call(SageAPI.java:171)
	at sagex.api.MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFileMetadata(MediaFileAPI.java:1577)
	at sagex.phoenix.metadata.proxy.SageMediaFileMetadataProxy.get(SageMediaFileMetadataProxy.java:33)
	at sagex.phoenix.metadata.proxy.AbstractMetadataProxy.invoke(AbstractMetadataProxy.java:77)
	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy19.getFormatAudioCodec(Unknown Source)
	at phoenix.metadata.GetFormatAudioCodec(metadata.java:2946)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sage.e$e.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.a.m$b.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.a.m.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.be.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.be.do(Unknown Source)
	at sage.be.new(Unknown Source)
	at sage.be.int(Unknown Source)
	at sage.cb.ah(Unknown Source)
	at sage.UIManager.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.UIManager.if(Unknown Source)
	at sage.e$c.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.e.try(Unknown Source)
	at sage.e.s$23$1.run(Unknown Source)
	at sage.cz$a.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at sage.b8.bz(Unknown Source)
	at sage.e.n$50.void(Unknown Source)
	... 40 more
2014-05-19 06:12:18,556 [AsyncWatch] WARN  sagex.SageAPI - Call failed for Service: GetMediaFileMetadata; Args: 0: null, 1: null
sage.a.e: Error in method reflection of GetMediaFileMetadata of java.lang.NullPointerException
	at sage.az.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.SageTV.api(Unknown Source)
	at sagex.remote.EmbeddedSageAPIProvider.callService(EmbeddedSageAPIProvider.java:16)
	at sagex.SageAPI.call(SageAPI.java:171)
	at sagex.api.MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFileMetadata(MediaFileAPI.java:1577)
	at sagex.phoenix.metadata.proxy.SageMediaFileMetadataProxy.get(SageMediaFileMetadataProxy.java:33)
	at sagex.phoenix.metadata.proxy.AbstractMetadataProxy.invoke(AbstractMetadataProxy.java:77)
	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy19.getFormatAudioCodec(Unknown Source)
	at phoenix.metadata.GetFormatAudioCodec(metadata.java:2946)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sage.e$e.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.a.m$b.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.a.m.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.be.do(Unknown Source)
	at sage.cb.ah(Unknown Source)
	at sage.UIManager.if(Unknown Source)
	at sage.e$c.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.e.try(Unknown Source)
	at sage.e.s$23$1.run(Unknown Source)
	at sage.cz$a.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at sage.b8.bz(Unknown Source)
	at sage.e.n$50.void(Unknown Source)
	... 40 more
Attached Files
File Type: txt hs_err_pid2188.log.txt (73.9 KB, 166 views)
Old 05-19-2014, 11:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Remote SJQ clients (i.e. anything but the plugin version of the task client) relies on the sagex remote API plugin to communicate with Sage. When that plugin is not functioning, the task client will fail. The fix: Repair the broken sagex remote api plugin.

The java core dump attached: Sage core is failing to load an image and the failure is causing the JVM to die.

Code:
sage.media.image.ImageLoader.loadScaledImageFromFile
That's the last java call in the stack that caused the JVM to die. That's a Sage core call, so I think at this stage of the game you're pretty much out of luck as far as getting Sage support to fix the problem (a support request might get you a work around). Alternatively, you can start a new thread in the Sage Software area with this info and maybe someone else who's hit this failure has a fix/workaround. Bottom line, the JVM crash has zero to do with SJQ and so there's nothing for me to do. The SJQ errors about remote api issues: you just need to get the sagex remote api plugin up and running again (it may have died as a result of the issues you're having with the Sage image loader call).
Old 05-19-2014, 12:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for taking a look at the java log. Appreciate that.

The other is interesting, as I understand it, I wouldn't have this problem if I was using the plugin version of the task client... which I am. I've uninstalled the windows service version after the IP connection limit errors I was having and read somewhere that it was not recommended on x64 systems. I thought I'd uninstalled it properly, but now I wonder if I missed something... anyway I uninstalled the plugin client and re-installed it while holding my coffee cup in my left hand and wearing my lucky hat... we'll see if it's more gooder now. For the moment it's on-line and tasking. Thx again!
Old 05-31-2014, 04:06 PM
SageTVaholic

One of my remote clients has disappeared from SJQ. I have tried everything, including rebooting server, then client and still no luck.

Anything else I should try or check before re-adding it? I still have the sjqagent.properties file on the client and all looks well. If I just re-add the client will it read in the tasks from this file?

In case you're wondering - yes the Wrapper fro the client is working and looks ok.

Everything else on my server and client seem fine but the client seems to have disappeared on May 27.

Where are list of clients stored on the server? Can I just copy them from another properties file?
Old 06-01-2014, 05:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
One of my remote clients has disappeared from SJQ. I have tried everything, including rebooting server, then client and still no luck.

Anything else I should try or check before re-adding it? I still have the sjqagent.properties file on the client and all looks well. If I just re-add the client will it read in the tasks from this file?
Yes, if it's not even listed as offline then that's weird, but just add it back.

Quote:

In case you're wondering - yes the Wrapper fro the client is working and looks ok.

Everything else on my server and client seem fine but the client seems to have disappeared on May 27.

Where are list of clients stored on the server? Can I just copy them from another properties file?
The list of clients is stored in the SJQ database. Just readd the client via the webui tools; should work as long as the server can contact the client.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Just to verify that once I re-added the client in the SJQ UI all of the tasks should up and it started running through all of the queed up tasks.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:05 PM
Sage Expert

can SJQ run batch file?

I created a batch file that uses robocopy to backup my sagetv folder to another drive. I verified the batch file does what it is supposed to when run from command prompt, but if I put the sagebackup.bat as the executable when creating a task, it fails when I queue it. Can a batch file be run as a task? and if so, how do I enter it as the executable?
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:51 PM
SageTVaholic

What's the error when it fails? Like a "command not found" error? Pretty sure batch files have to be run thru cmd.exe on Windows when calling them from java. So you should be able to call a batch file but you'd have to actually call cmd.exe as the executable and then for the arguments pass:

/C <path to bat file> <any args for the bat file>
Old 09-17-2014, 07:51 AM
Sage Expert

I set the executable as "/C C;\SageBackup.bat". The log files shows "Unable to execute 'C:\C c:\SageBackup.bat' ".

I tried using the sagegroovy executable with both the test and sagebackup groovy scripts and get an error about not having a valid license so I thought I would use Robocopy. Problem is when terminating sagetv, I am using taskkill which doesn't save sage settings and I get pheonix errors when I restart sage and my tv shows menu shows movies.

I would rather use your sjq backup script and external client but I am having the license problem. I do have the latest license file. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks!
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Nope the executable is cmd.exe

The arguments to the executable is /C C:\SageBackup.bat

If you're getting license issues from the external task client, grab the salicense.jar file from your SageTV\JARs folder and copy it into the task client's lib folder (replacing the one that's in there); restart task client. That should fix the license complaints up.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:24 AM
Sage Expert

Thanks, how would I enter the executable, arguments and test script? I have tried 9 different combinations and it fails.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Using the web ui, I'd enter it something like the attached screenshot.
Attached Images
File Type: png batfile.PNG (22.8 KB, 142 views)
Old 09-17-2014, 12:02 PM
Sage Expert

Thanks for the info. How would I enter the info for your sageback.groovy script in sjq ui and in web ui? the batch file i created doesn't gracefully exit sage so I would rather try to get your groovy script working.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:33 PM
SageTVaholic

I can only comment on the web ui gui for sjq. I've been using P2 as my STV forever now and so lost the ability to use the sjq stv so I don't even remember how it looks/works/etc. For groovy scripts as executables in a task, just prefix the script name with script: and everything else is the same. Test scripts must be groovy scripts and so you do not prefix them with the script: tag, only task executables.