SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 12-19-2010, 06:04 PM
SageTVaholic

How to specify a minimum STV file set in a plugin manaifest?

How do I specify a dependency on a minimum STV file set? I'm updating plugins to take advantage of this change added by Opus4: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51602

It requires the STV file set to be at least 2010120101.

Thanks,

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Does anybody know the answer to this?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:07 PM
SageTVaholic

There is a property in my extender properties that specifies that. Here is what mine shows:

version/STV_file_set=2011110601
Old 11-26-2011, 08:01 PM
Sage Icon

I would think that you should be able to do it with

Code:
<Dependency>
  <STV>SageTV7</STV>
  <MinVersion>7.0.23.0</MinVersion>
</Dependency>
John
Old 11-27-2011, 05:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
There is a property in my extender properties that specifies that. Here is what mine shows:

version/STV_file_set=2011110601
OK, thanks for that. I need to put it in a Plugin manifest but I'm unsure of what tags to use.

@JREkiwi - That works for the core, but I want to specify a minimum STV fileset.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
@JREkiwi - That works for the core, but I want to specify a minimum STV fileset.
What he showed you is an STV dependency, not a core dependency. His example requires a specific version of the STV file named SageTV7.xml. This is the right way to do what you want since you don't really care how the file got there; you just want to make sure it has the right contents.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:49 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
A core dependency uses these tags
Code:
 <Dependency>
  <Core></Core>
  <MinVersion>7.1.5</MinVersion>
 </Dependency>
John
Old 11-27-2011, 02:06 PM
SageTVaholic

I guess I'm not explaining myself well enough. I need to make sure the latest STV fileset is installed, which is 2011110601. (This is the update Andy put out to use the new weather sources.) I know the SageTV version is 7.1.9.256 but that can have different STV filesets. (I think the one before 2011110601 was 2011042501.)

Old 11-27-2011, 03:19 PM
SageTVaholic

The STV file has its own version number (visible on the System Info screen) that may be different from the product core version number. The STV version is the one checked by the STV dependency. If you need a particular version of the STV (i.e. the UI, not the product core), you should use an STV dependency.

Or are you saying there's some other file in that particular update fileset that you depend on besides the STV file? If so, what is it? Maybe there's a way to check for that directly. Again, it's best to check for the specific files you need rather than depending on them having been delivered by a particular update.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Are you saying I'd do it like this:

Code:
<Dependency>
  <STV>SageTV7</STV>
  <MinVersion>2011110601</MinVersion>
</Dependency>

Old 11-27-2011, 04:56 PM
SageTVaholic

No, you should look up the STV version number in System Info (or open the STV in Studio and look at the version info under the Global theme) and use that number in your dependency. The update fileset number isn't interesting, because the dependency checker doesn't check that, and it might not be the only way to get that version of the STV. (Say for instance that Jeff releases a new installer that includes those changes without requiring any updates.)

This is all assuming that the STV is what you care about, and not some other random file in that update fileset.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post
No, you should look up the STV version number in System Info (or open the STV in Studio and look at the version info under the Global theme) and use that number in your dependency. The update fileset number isn't interesting, because the dependency checker doesn't check that, and it might not be the only way to get that version of the STV. (Say for instance that Jeff releases a new installer that includes those changes without requiring any updates.)

This is all assuming that the STV is what you care about, and not some other random file in that update fileset.
That's confusing, but now I think I've got it. The system info says:

Code:
Current STV File: SageTV7.xml (Version 7.1.9.6, November 11, 2011, Name: SageTV7)
... so I use 7.1.9.6 and ignore the "Current STV file set version". I always thought the STV file set version number was the most important (when it came to the STV) but that assumption is wrong

Old 11-27-2011, 10:31 PM
SageTVaholic

For reference, the STV name and version that are used for this check are stored in the STV, at Global -> STVName, and Global -> STVVersion

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room