SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:21 PM
SageTVaholic

[PLUGIN] UIMOD - AutoSleep by Fuzzy (originally by flachbar)

This is a port of flachbar's AutoSleep for v6. It will put put the UI to sleep after 2 hours of inactivity (great for stopping abandoned livetv sessions). Currently, it defaults to 120 minutes, and this can be changed in sageclient.properties:

plugins/df/auto_sleep_time=120

Thanks to flachbar for the great original work. This took practically nothing to bring it into v7. I do intend on adding some in-UI configuration option for the sleep time.. when I get a chance to spend some more time on it. I figure to start, 2 hours should be good for just about everyone.

Revision History:
1.1 - Flachbar's last v6 release.
1.2 - Initial release for v7.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Fuzzy,

Is the sleep function automatic once the plugin is installed, or do I need to tell it somewhere to start the 2 hour countdown each time I expect I'll need it?

If it's automatic, and I'm watching a 2 1/2 hour movie should I be pressing something on the remote somewhere into it to reset the countdown or does it know about long programs?

thank you, john
Old 01-12-2011, 01:18 PM
SageTVaholic

If you touch nothing for 2 hours, it will then pop up a message giving you 60 seconds to abort the sleep. If you think you'll be in a situation where the 2 hours isn't long enough, it can be changed in the properties file.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:20 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmdxtv View Post
If it's automatic, and I'm watching a 2 1/2 hour movie should I be pressing something on the remote somewhere into it to reset the countdown or does it know about long programs?
I was wondering the same thing. LOL

Or, you watch a couple shows on the same channel to where you take no action for a couple hours?

I suppose if leaving live TV on for long durations is a problem for you (not sure why it would be though because they get auto deleted right away?) and you only typically watch maybe 3 shows in a row, you could change it to 4 hours and be good.

This one isn't for me because I typically leave the news on in the background all day while working around the house, etc.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:49 PM
SageTVaholic

That's why it's a plugin, and not a built in neeed feature. I only, for instance, have it on my bedroom tv's, not my main living room set.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Fuzzy,

Thanks for the conversion to V7! I'm putting it on all my systems because I fall asleep in front of them all.

john
Old 01-12-2011, 04:02 PM
Sage Icon

Any chance this or a similar plugin, could put an extender to rest after a period of timeout?
Old 01-12-2011, 04:13 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't actually have an extender, but I was thinking that's basically what this did. What it does is issue the "Power" sage command. (Could probably change it to "Power off", but that's just how flachbar was implementing it). I was under the impression that this command on the extenders causes it to sleep. If it's a different call the extenders need, I'm more than willing to change the UIMod to call that instead. i know there is an 'Exit()' API call as well, that said it 'Causes the SageTV application to terminate'... not sure if that's desired, or if that even does anything on the extenders.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well I do know that on my hd300 if I select exit on the main menu. It will then turn off the hd300. Now I'm not exactly what API call is the same as choosing "exit" from the main menu.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, Exit on the menu fires off the Exit() command. Standby on the menu fires off Command("Power off"). I'll have to make it an option, because Exit is unacceptable for PC clients.

That said, is there much power usage difference between Off and sleeping on the HD100/200/300? just curious if it's worth shutting the thing completely down, as I would think it would slow wake/connect time.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:24 AM
Sage Icon

You're correct about the power usage. There's really no gain. The gain is having the TV go to sleep due to absence of a signal. My TV as I suspect most TV is equipped with a sleep after inactivity feature. So, if the extender goes to sleep the TV will follow. This would be great when one falls a sleep watching TV and waking up at 4:00 in the morning and having just the photo slideshow going.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
Any chance this or a similar plugin, could put an extender to rest after a period of timeout?
It would be more useful if you could shut off the rest of your AV equipment like your TV and AVR(if you have one) as the power draw of the Sage extender is nothing compared to them.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
It would be more useful if you could shut off the rest of your AV equipment like your TV and AVR(if you have one) as the power draw of the Sage extender is nothing compared to them.
Yeah, that's yet another advantage of PC Clients. I've got it set up to turn off my TV and receiver when sage goes to sleep (it's triggered by the starting of the sage logo screen saver), and turn them on when sage wakes up. TV's controlled by serial, and the one receiver is controlled by the USBUIRT that I use for sage control.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:45 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Yeah, that's yet another advantage of PC Clients. I've got it set up to turn off my TV and receiver when sage goes to sleep (it's triggered by the starting of the sage logo screen saver), and turn them on when sage wakes up. TV's controlled by serial, and the one receiver is controlled by the USBUIRT that I use for sage control.

How do you trigger the blasters to run when the logo screen saver starts ?
In SageMC you coud change the screen saver, but now i cant do that anymore.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:56 AM
SageTVaholic

I did it in studio. I haven't made it public yet, because there are some things I need to fix. It is done by firing off a batch file that sends the code to the serial port, and then triggers girder to transmit the AVR power off/on commands.

Old 01-15-2011, 02:07 AM
Sage User

That sounds really good, I will be waiting for a release =)
I'm using eventghost with MCE remote blasters, I only need away to trigger when sage screensaver starts.

Thank you for all your help with sagetv.