SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-26-2004, 03:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Works very well now. If you are having problems, try this link

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...kbird+multiple

make sure you use hcwclear.exe before using this update if your card is setup and not working correctly. This link fixed the multiple roslyn issue with shutdown--it may also resolve other issues.
Old 06-26-2004, 10:34 AM

>>Please be sure to let us(forum members) know how it works out.

Thanks for that.

So far the registered copy has been running for 36 hours without quitting, which is encouraging.

regards

William

Last edited by wlees; 06-26-2004 at 10:38 AM.
Old 06-26-2004, 10:53 AM
Sage User

I think i fixed the MY problem, i noticed when sage would lock up only when my drives were filling up, So i changed the rule to leave free 5 gigs on my os drive. that worked for a while but then it had another lock up. so i went to all my drive and set the same rule to them. So far its working.
Old 06-26-2004, 02:03 PM

Quote:
I think i fixed the MY problem, i noticed when sage would lock up only when my drives were filling up, So i changed the rule to leave free 5 gigs on my os drive. that worked for a while but then it had another lock up. so i went to all my drive and set the same rule to them. So far its working.
I'm a firm believer in always having Sage leave some slack space on your storage drives. I leave 1GB(you may want a larger buffer) and use the leave free rule. This rule is the easiest way to make sure there's always slack space IMO. Especially if the storage dir is on a partition that shares space with other apps.

I know one of the earlier versions had an issue with the use all rule. Sage would actually monitor the space correctly but due to the way Windows handles the file system the space would run out before the actual deletes occured. I'm almost certian that issue was fixed, but I'd suggest EncoderHouse's advice for anyone who notices anything weird. Always better safe, than sorry.

/justme

Last edited by justme; 06-26-2004 at 02:10 PM.
Old 06-26-2004, 09:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Well, I've never had any trouble with the Use All rule (that's all I use).

But I have a partition dedicated to Sage recordings, and I don't put anything else there, or let anything else use it.
Old 06-27-2004, 01:16 AM

Mine's on it's own dedicated partition too. But I did have an issue with Sage running out of space and failing to record new shows, a while back. Like I said I believe Jeff fixed it but... I still leave some slack and haven't had any issues since. Whether it was Jeff's fix, a fluke, whatever. I like to play it safe and what's 1GB out of 200GB. I was just hoping others could benefit from my experience.

Just my personal opinion,
/justme
Old 09-15-2004, 01:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Works great for me still. Please use this link http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...&threadid=6190
for another roslyn fix.

Everything is fantastic with one flaw which comes up occasionally.
I am periodically losing sound in my recordings. Usually, it is after recording two shows at the same time.