SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Update for MyMovies Users

Hey everyone just wanted to give on update on my support and where the future of SMM stands. My original start of this project was to give myself MyMovies full metadata into sagetv. This of course blew up into a much bigger project then I ever imagined. Time has been limited lately and I have been busy on diamond as many of you know.

All that being said I know there are still some missing feautures (info,actors,trailers come to mind) as well as some outstanding bugs. The user base of SMM isn't huge but you guys sure are a passionate bunch.

So I have taken on another coder on to the project to help out with the java load and side of things. I will let him post here if he wants. Hopefully with the two of us working on it we can make progress a bit faster. Here is the order of progress as I see them happening.

1. Look over current structure code/methods and re-evaluate to keep using the same source code or start from scratch.
2. Implement the backend system for the upcoming TV support and scraping from mymovies. (This will be a lengthy process as it is all new data/tables as well as we have to support your stored tv and figure out algorithm to support recorded tv from sagetv).
3. Implement plugin system into BMT for fanart of tv and movies.
4. Implement a better database system (still up in the air on this one either going to use the sage core and user database fields or kill the current database structure and just query the sql database on demand a bit of speed will be lost here but reliability should improve).
5. Rewrite the SMM interface. It has allot of customizations and options but at this point to add the tv support the way MyMovies did just easier to rewrite from the ground up.

So as you can see we will have our plates full. There are a couple of urgent issues I am going to address in the current build (mainly the api failing issue). Then going foward I will devote time to the new build.

Hopefullly we can move in a timely fashion and this won't be a 9 month long process. I am anxious to use the new added tv support as well.

Cheers,

Skye
Old 02-28-2011, 04:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Plucky,

This is very good news - thank you so much for your great support, and a warm welcome to the new coder!

I really love using SMM and would like to offer my help if you need any - mind you, I'm not a coder, but I could offer my support for Beta or bug testing or adding to the documentation.

All the best, and thank you again for your great work!

Cheers,
teq
Old 02-28-2011, 05:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the update Plucky
Old 02-28-2011, 06:12 PM
SageTVaholic

I currently have no issues with smm so I'm in no hurry. The only things I'd like to see would be finishing the info view so all the options work. I personally couldn't care less about the TV support, but I'm sure there are those that do. I hope as you do start to update smm the current features will be left in tact because everything that is there now works perfectly for me and I'd hate to give anything up. You know I've been using this from the beginning so I support whatever you decide to do. Plus the changes you guys have been making to diamond are worth smm taking a back seat.

Good luck.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Sage User

Yes keep up the good work really like this plugin I know of at least 3 others that use it as well and love it. I wonder how many others use it but don't ever post messages.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

+1 on the user side without posts - it simply runs and runs - love it and could not imagine sagetv without it anymore

Clients: 3 x MediaMVP, 2 x HD-300, 4 x SageTV Client

Old 03-02-2011, 11:48 AM
Sage User

It's fantastic! It just simply works and any and all improvements would be much appreciated...
I have it programmed into my Crestron stuff and love it.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Sage Fanatic

Thanks, Plucky!

Also, I think the user base might be larger than you think I still run into a few glitches every so often but it is nothing that a reboot or database rebuild doesn't fix. Because it is to the point where it "just works" I don't post in the forum much. So, if you are basing the userbase off of how many posts are here I'll bet there are a number of people who post very little because it does work so well

I like having the option of Diamond doing movies as well and think it is great I have multiple options to view my movie collection but I still prefer to use Sage My Movies. While most of the time I am looking at my online collection (which Diamond does too) via filters, Sage My Movies is still unbeatable IMO for viewing your entire collection! Since I have over 2000 movies offline, Sage My Movies is a huge hit for me for the entire experience
Old 03-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Sage User

That's awsome to hear !!! Can't wait to see something that addresses the few bugs out there and anything for Diamond 3. The combo of both SMM and Diamond is certainly a winning combo in my book !!
Old 03-07-2011, 04:43 AM
Sage User

Yes SMM and diamond together is brilliant. I was thinking of ditching SMM and using only diamond but the level of detail the mymovies database gives you is second to none.

A few requests for you to ponder over (and some obvious ones)...

* SMM and Diamond Menu bug
* Mymovies TV support
* Info, actors and other stuff that's been mentioned before
* Maybe a way to show the back covers as well
* For the themes from Diamond to carry through to SMM
* For the list view with dvd covers from diamond to make it into SMM
* For the MYMOVIES menu to be editable to remove some of the options
* I personally don't like the options menu and would prefer it if it was only available by pressing the yellow button

Thats my wishlist but I will be very very happy if TV support comes along and nothing else.

Thanks
Old 03-07-2011, 05:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Diamond is first on my list. Then we are set to get tv support working as that is second or tied for second with getting the iPad app working, but foncuer keeps getting better and better at tisagetv as well.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:07 AM
Sage User

I keep meaning to try out the android app.

I have just this morning installed the place shifter in favor of my sling box, and all though I have only used it on my local network so far maybe you could include a very basic list view that will speed up loading times when away from home?

Anyway that's enough requests from me...

Thanks
Old 03-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Having gone through a LOT of different streamers now, Sage and SMM is by far my prefered platform. It's more work, but when compared to the efforts of say Boxee it's lightyears ahead for local content.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:35 AM
Sage User

I know I've got a pretty big wish list above but I thought of this one last night

A recently added view which would show around the last 10 added movies. This could maybe be determined by the movie number in the database (but would obviously not work correctly when / if the numbers are reset)

Cheers
Old 04-15-2011, 12:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost5 View Post
I know I've got a pretty big wish list above but I thought of this one last night

A recently added view which would show around the last 10 added movies. This could maybe be determined by the movie number in the database (but would obviously not work correctly when / if the numbers are reset)

Cheers
This can already be done with custom views. I do it by making a custom view sorting by date added an then filter out watched movies. Then that view only Shows our new unwatched movies
Old 04-16-2011, 01:53 AM
Sage User

Smile

Brilliant it worked a treat