SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:01 PM
Sage User

Some movies not playing [Resolved]

Just wanted to post this, in case anyone else was having this issue.

I've had this issue with Sage 7 and the 7.1.12 beta, using MyMovies 3.16 - 3.18 and the previous and current SMM plugins. I finally resolved it today. I'm now running v7.1.12 beta with the current SMM plugin and MyMovies 3.18.

Here's the issue. A small number of my movies will not playback via SMM. The are in the MM collection manager. The cover art and description appears in SMM. But, when I click the cover to play. Nothing happens. No video, no error message, no 'busy' icon. It only happens with 3 -5 movies, out of my 500+ movie collection.

I've tried deleting / re-adding the movie in the collection manager but, that had no affect. I've tried deleting from the collection manager, moving the movie to a different folder and then re-adding.. also no affect.

Finally, here's what I did to fix the issue:
  • Close SageTV
  • Open Collection Manager
  • Edit the 'Disc' for the movie that is broken
  • 'Delete' the current Disc
  • Re-add the disc. Set the path to the correct folder (exactly as it was before)
  • Save

I then hit 'Save' on the main screen of the movie. Exit the Collection manger and re-launch Sage. Once it finished scanning, the movie was able to playback fine. I didn't change the path to the movie folder but for some reason, deleting/re-adding the disc would fix the problem, even though deleting/re-adding the entire movie entry did not.

Odd, but it worked for me.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:49 PM
Sage User

Tried your method several times on my system and I still could not fix the problem movies. Seems like it's hit or miss with many of the fixes out there.