SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizat
I still wasn't able to see ESPNNetworks in the plug in menu. I wasn't sure if your post was referring to it when you release the new version or not. If not, my apologies.
My version of PlayOn doesn't have anything named ESPN Network anywhere, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg NoESPNNetwork.jpg (105.4 KB, 568 views)

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 05-03-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:33 PM
Sage User

The Message From Beyond the Grave.

First of all, thank you for the excellent update EP!

I'm able to import my queue's with no problems at all however I'm now getting the message,"You shouldn't be seeing this, check to make sure you have the PlayOn plugin installed!”.

The message goes away and then the "content is being buffered" appears and the video then plays.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin several times but it still appears......

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Last edited by sbrinsfi; 05-03-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrinsfi View Post

I'm able to import my queue's with no problems at all however I'm now getting the message,"You shouldn't be seeing this, check to make sure you have the PlayOn plugin installed!”.

The message goes away and then the "content is being buffered" appears and the video then plays.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin several times but it still appears......

Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Hmm, that's a new one. Sounds like 7.1.7 might have broken my STVi a bit, thanks for the report, i'll take a look.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 05-03-2011, 07:30 PM

Thanks for the update! It fixed the issue with my kids Naruto Show? Is there a way to have sage download the shows that are in que prior to viewing?
Old 05-03-2011, 07:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optix View Post
Thanks for the update! It fixed the issue with my kids Naruto Show? Is there a way to have sage download the shows that are in que prior to viewing?
Nope, sorry. I understand how handy that would be but Hulu/Netflix/etc. are streaming sites so I respect that and don't enable any kind of downloading.

Glad this fixed your issues though

Old 05-03-2011, 09:07 PM
SageTVaholic

I think I may still be having the Queue Importer issue. I deleted all of my PlayOn files but I still had the year problem after reimporting. So I deleted all of the files again and I went into BMT and deleted all the metadata. I rescanned for all media files in Sage. I then Manually updated the queue and then rescanned again. All looks good except for a file that I added to my queue in the middle of these processes - this file would have been in the queue and then rescanned and it shows up with the () at the end of the movie name and the Fanart and metadata is gone.

edit - Nevermind after deleting this movie in BMT it is showing up properly - but now my TV shows for both Hulu and Netflix aren't showing up?

Last edited by wayner; 05-03-2011 at 09:45 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
edit - Nevermind after deleting this movie in BMT it is showing up properly - but now my TV shows for both Hulu and Netflix aren't showing up?
As long as the videos are there, aren't being overwritten every night, and have enough info in the filename for BMT to properly identify them then Queue Importer is working fine. You'll probably just need to wait another day for Sage/BMT to get back in sync.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

Lightbulb My Video Queue Problem Is Fixed!

Okay after trying uninstall, reinstall, reconfigure...blah...blah...blah

I finally found a setting in sage about using a temp directory for streaming internet video. (ONLINE VIDEO OPTIONS under the CUSTOMIZE menu in the DETAILED SETUP)

Oops...it was set to a directory that no longer existed.

Changed and poof!

Things are working again normally. Wow. It only took me 2 weeks to accidently stumble across that.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:35 AM
Sage User

ESPNNetworks

ESPNNetworks is available to people who have Time Warner Cable or Verizon FIOS. To get it to show up in PlayOn goto the PlayOn Settings > Channels > ESPN > Options. Under Options there is a check box to show ESPNNetworks. You have to log into the site with your browser and then it will show up in PlayOn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
My version of PlayOn doesn't have anything named ESPN Network anywhere, I have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncote0 View Post
Things are working again normally. Wow. It only took me 2 weeks to accidently stumble across that.
Wow, good catch. There's no way I could have seen that from my logs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizat View Post
ESPNNetworks is available to people who have Time Warner Cable or Verizon FIOS. To get it to show up in PlayOn goto the PlayOn Settings > Channels > ESPN > Options. Under Options there is a check box to show ESPNNetworks. You have to log into the site with your browser and then it will show up in PlayOn.
Ahh, gotcha, I can do that. Can you navigate into ESPN networks manually through the PlayOn menu and post the log (see the link in my signature for details)?

Old 05-04-2011, 08:43 PM
SageTVaholic

After deleting my PlayOn files and reimporting the Queue all seems well for now. I don't know what I did wrong before - perhaps I hadn't deleted all of the old files?
Old 05-05-2011, 04:36 AM
Sage User

Quote:

Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Anyone else having this issue?

Video's work and everything it's just annoying.

Just wondering if I have something set incorrectly.

Thanks!
Old 05-05-2011, 08:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Ahh, gotcha, I can do that. Can you navigate into ESPN networks manually through the PlayOn menu and post the log (see the link in my signature for details)?
I think that is a live streaming service. I looked at the playon site and that isn't listed as one of their channels. It would be cool if they added it since it is a live service. I'd be really happy to be able to watch MNF again without going to a friend's house or to a bar.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:22 AM
Sage User

Amazon Prime Instant Video folder in PlayOn Main Menu

Is there a way to get the Amazon VOD Prime Instant Video folder to show up when Amazon VOD is selected in the Playon settings (Playon -> Playon -> Playon Settings -> Choose which PlayOn Items to show in the Main Menu).

When you select Amazon VOD from the PlayOn Main Menu it only has the standard Amazon VOD folder and not the Prime Instant Video folder.

If you click on the PlayOn menu item from the main SageTV home screen and then on the Amazon VOD, both the regular Amazon VOD and the Prime Instant Video folders are there and work normally.

The update is great...thanks for all the effort it must have taken to make this work and look like it does!!

-Chris
Old 05-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G View Post
I suspect this has been asked and answered before, but I can't seem to find the answer:
Is there a way to have the plugin show my entire instant queue and not just the first 50 items?

Thanks,

Mitch
Anyone?
Old 05-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

Netflix Cont...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltlyck2 View Post
I'm not sure if it's just my system or if this is something anyone else has seen but when I try to view a Netflix show it sits there for a while and then times out without playing. The .flv file shows up in it's correct folder but it's 0 bytes. I have the latest version of the playon plugin for version 7 and the most recent version of playon installed. I've tried reinstalling both with no luck. Also, I'm using Diamond but I don't think that is the issue.

Ok, I tried accessing netflix through a browser and got a DRM error message. Now I know that has to do with Silverlight. So I checked my version of Silverlight and it's 4.0. I've read around the internet that 4.0 breaks things for some folks. I downgraded to 3.0 and all works well. Problem solved right? No. If I reboot the machine silverlight upgrades itself to 4.0. I have automatic updates turned off on this machine and have even went into the silverlight management console and selected "Never Update". So I'm thinking, as long as I don't reboot were fine right. Wrong, it updates overnight to 4.0! So I call netflix and they say the version of Silverlight 4 that I had is not the version to use. So I downloaded the most recent from the silverlight page. Same thing, DRM error. I call Netflix again and they say "can you reach microsoft.com" I tried and couldn't. So I fixed that. No dice. Rolled back to 3.0 again and it worked.

So that's my story at this point. I need to use 3.0 and fix it so that it cannot update either through some router rules or permissions on the folders themselves or something. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 05-05-2011, 11:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Make sure you have the latest patches and service packs for Windows installed. I run netflix on both Windows 7 and WHS v1 and have not seen the issue.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.

Last edited by gplasky; 05-05-2011 at 02:49 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Make sure you have the latest patches and service packs for Windows installed. I run netflix on both Windows 7 and WHS v1 and have not seen the issue.

Gery
Meant to mention that I had tried that.

Server is Windows 7 Ultimate w/ Q8200 processor 32 bit w/ 3 gigs ram. Video processor is Intel g45.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G View Post
Anyone?
Yeah, its possible but you'll lose the ordering of the queue and it'll just be alphabetical. Just go into
Code:
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\SageOnlineServicesEXEs\UPnPBrowser\UPnPBrowser.presets
And change the Netflix_Queue preset to...
Code:
Netflix_Queue:::"/search" "PlayON:Netflix:Instant Queue:Alphabetical:+2"

Old 05-06-2011, 05:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I am getting this error but not on my server or Placeshifter client, but I am on two of my HD-200 extenders but not on another one.

Can you think of any reason why I would have this playback error on some, but not all HD-200s? Could it be not having the correct firmware?

I have tried restarting Sage and also doing a power off reset of the problematic extenders.

Is there a log I can post to help troubleshoot?