SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-29-2012, 11:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

If you are making updates, I would love an HBO Go shortcut!

Please and thank you!!!
Old 05-30-2012, 08:39 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naylia View Post

Please and thank you!!!
Yeah, EP, PlayOn has added a significant number of "channels" that are part of the base package, not just user-written plugins/scripts. Maybe those could be added as part of the menu tree under the categories? Not a big deal. If not, maybe you could post a quick tutorial about how to add/remove items from those shortcuts (I think someone might have posted that somewhere around here already but not a full step-by-step instruction). Just thinking out loud here, no biggie if you don't want to bother.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naylia View Post

Please and thank you!!!
Already added + Queue Importer support for HBO Go shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
Yeah, EP, PlayOn has added a significant number of "channels" that are part of the base package, not just user-written plugins/scripts. Maybe those could be added as part of the menu tree under the categories? Not a big deal. If not, maybe you could post a quick tutorial about how to add/remove items from those shortcuts (I think someone might have posted that somewhere around here already but not a full step-by-step instruction). Just thinking out loud here, no biggie if you don't want to bother.
I think i've got a good solution for this. I added 12 blank PlayOn menus to the STV which you can add via ADM and then customize what PlayOn content they bring up outside of Studio via a properties file.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 05-30-2012, 12:39 PM
Sage Fanatic

Old 05-30-2012, 01:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Already added + Queue Importer support for HBO Go shows

I think i've got a good solution for this. I added 12 blank PlayOn menus to the STV which you can add via ADM and then customize what PlayOn content they bring up outside of Studio via a properties file.
Seconding Naylia! WAF will go waaaay up for this.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Okay,

I just moved my Sage Server form a WHS to a Win 7 x64 machine. I have play on installed o the same machine and when Sage was on the WHS I had to issues, but now with Sage on the Win7 machine I don't see video content unless I navigate to:
PlayOn -> PlayOn -> Browse UPnP and select it there

before I could use any method.

So What do I need to check to see where my problem could be? I have tried Playon on 2 different PCs and the same issues on the new SageTV server

Thanks

EDIT: Found it.. I had updated the play on version to 3.5.11 ( was running 3.4.32) and it was causing my issues..

All is good now
Client 2: HD100 on 50" Panasonic Plasma (16x9)
Client 3: HD100 on 32" Toshiba Tube (4x3)

Last edited by -=Jeff=-; 06-06-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Error

My Playon installation has stopped working. Using PlayOn with the Sage plugin on a WHS machine. I can access my Netflix queue and all the media files there and on all the networks. But when I go to stream a file, I get

Error: The requested media file was not found on the server

This happens on every media file on every site. Any pointers for what to try tweaking?
Old 06-08-2012, 07:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
My Playon installation has stopped working. Using PlayOn with the Sage plugin on a WHS machine. I can access my Netflix queue and all the media files there and on all the networks. But when I go to stream a file, I get

This happens on every media file on every site. Any pointers for what to try tweaking?
Did you run out of space on your WHS C drive?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Nope, 7 gig left. Next thing to check?
Old 06-08-2012, 11:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post

Download UPnPInspector, navigate to a video in the directory tree, and try pasting that into IE to see if it downloads.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 06-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks, EP. I downloaded the software -- where do I find videos in the directory tree? This is all a bit mysterious to me.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:15 PM
SageTVaholic

When you first open it up, it should show you a folder like "PlayOn::ServerName", right click on that and select browse media server. That will bring you to a folder structure that you can navigate to find videos. When you get to those videos when you click on one, in the box below the folders you'll see the videoURL, copy that into internet explorer.

Old 06-08-2012, 01:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Okay, got that far. Got to the link, pasted it into IE, and I get an HTTP 500 error.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Ok, sounds like there may be a PlayOn issue.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Here's a test version of v1.7 that fixes that Netflix issue and a few others.

UPnPBrowser v1.7 (beta):
  • UPnPBrowser: Fixed Netflix TV show queue importer
  • UPnPBrowser: Added UPnPBrowser.jump to customize folders to skip over via RegEx i.e. - Will automatically jump though "Full Episodes" folders.
  • UPnPBrowser: Added UPnPBrowser.images to specify custom images for PlayOn Folders i.e. - Add your own poster for HBO Go, Game of Thrones
  • UPnPBrowser: Added UPnPBrowser.regex to specify the queue importer sraping RegEx's for fixing things like the Netflix issue w/o a full plugin update i.e. If Netflix queue importer breaks I can just post an updated version of this file for a quick fix.
  • UPnPBrowser: Made it so custom paths can contain multiple PlayOn folders for combining multiple menus together
  • UPnPBrowser: Added the ability to force a folder name and description from within a custom path
  • UPnPBrowser: If no custom image exists for path, just try finding a Hulu one since they have a lot of images for other shows
  • STVi: Added additional some newer channels to existing menus
  • STVi: Worked with Ken to get lay groundwork for ADM support, should be available in Gemstone
  • STVi: (ADM Only) Added a few custom entries that people can use to add custom PlayOn Plugins
Note: If your Anti-Virus complains about UPnPBrowser.exe either figure out how to add it as an exclusion or download Microsoft Security Essentials which doesn't blindly quarantine .exe's just to scare their customers.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageTVPluginsDev.zip (2.7 KB, 167 views)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 06-17-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks EP I will give this a try. Should I delte the "dummy" shows called "1", "2", etc or will they disappear after the queue is refreshed?

FYI - for some reason Netflix shows occasionally get thrown to the top of my TV Recordings list (I sort by most recently recorded) even though there aren't any new episodes added to the shows added in Netflix. Is there any way to prevent this, such as being able to manually set a filed like "Date Recording Created" or whatever?
Old 06-18-2012, 08:36 PM
SageTVaholic

How do you use the xml file? Just put it in the Sage folder? I already have a file with the same name - will that cause problems?
Old 06-19-2012, 12:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Yep, you can go ahead and overwrite it, you probably had an old one laying around from when you tested something for another dev

Old 06-22-2012, 09:45 PM
SageTVaholic

When I put the xml file in my Sage dir and look for new plugins I get:

(DO NOT DOWNLOAD) Instead install UI Mod->PlayOn FOr SageTV

Should I install this (UPnP Browser)? I don't see anything new for PlayOn.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
When I put the xml file in my Sage dir and look for new plugins I get:

(DO NOT DOWNLOAD) Instead install UI Mod->PlayOn FOr SageTV

Should I install this (UPnP Browser)? I don't see anything new for PlayOn.
Let me double check the file this weekend, I haven't released anything in a while so i'm a bit rusty