SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Amazon Instant video now has a "watchlist" which allows you to create a list of movies you want to watch. Any chance to get it added into the plugin? I realize this may not be enough information for you to figure this out, but it's all I've got right now

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/watc..._=sv_mov_aiv_4

Thanks!
Brian
Old 07-13-2012, 02:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Let me double check the file this weekend, I haven't released anything in a while so i'm a bit rusty
Did you ever figure this out?
Old 07-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Sage User

Hope all is well with you EP, I truly appreciate your playon plugin as it is now almost a critical part of our Sage setup. I would love to help, if I can. I hope you can add the feature for the Amazon watch list as that will make the Amazon service exponentially better.

I will be very sad when my sage setup fails. We cut the chord two years ago now and so we have become accustomed to our setup. Maybe one day google won't suck and the google TV will have the sage parts as well. The new google TV boxes shown this year, show a heavy likeness to the sage style. A $99 box would be cool so long as I can still record OTA stuff.

Anyhow enough babbling hope you can make a few updates to this plugin. Let me know how I can help.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Can't enable Playon plugin

Uh oh. My Playon/Sage wasn't functioning properly (wouldn't find any content). So I disabled the plugin, thinking that disabling it and re-enabling it might fix it. Worth a try, right? So I disabled the plugin, but when I go back into the setup menu to re-enable it, I am not offered this option. It shows as Installed, and the choices are View Plugin Details, View Screenshots, and View Demo Video. Nothing about enabling or uninstalling.

Any insight?
Old 07-15-2012, 09:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

Ok, I'm curious what I've missed because I finally got around to trying this development update for Playon and I can only see the update for the UPNPBrowser which I went ahead and updated but I thought it was supposed to bump up the Playon UIMOD version to 1.70 as well? I don't see an update available there despite the devleopment.xml file

Thanks for your help (I'm sure it's something I've missed)
Old 07-17-2012, 10:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

Continued difficulty. Help?

Okay, the problem with being unable to re-enable the plugin seems to have been resolved. But the functionality issue that caused me to start fiddling hasn't been. Here's my setup: Sage is on a Windows Home Server (v1) machine, I'm accessing through an HD300 extender. Playon plugin enabled and Playon installed on the server. In the Playon menu (Playon/Netflix or Playon/Online TV/NBC or whatever), I invariably get "No videos found" after waiting a while for the search to resolve. But here's the wacky part: If I go to Playon/Playon/Browse UPNP and access the Playon Server from there, everything is accessible and streams perfectly. Also, using Playon on a full client PC running Sage Client also functions perfectly.

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:48 PM
Sage User

Pandora doesn't work from the menu, but it works through the playon->browse playon.

Are the links different?

When I click on PLAYON->MUSIC->PANDORA RADIO I get "No videos were found." But when I click on PLAYON->BROWSE PLAYON->PANDORA it shows my stations.

Is the link on the main music menu different somehow?
Old 07-24-2012, 07:24 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
Okay, the problem with being unable to re-enable the plugin seems to have been resolved. But the functionality issue that caused me to start fiddling hasn't been. Here's my setup: Sage is on a Windows Home Server (v1) machine, I'm accessing through an HD300 extender. Playon plugin enabled and Playon installed on the server. In the Playon menu (Playon/Netflix or Playon/Online TV/NBC or whatever), I invariably get "No videos found" after waiting a while for the search to resolve. But here's the wacky part: If I go to Playon/Playon/Browse UPNP and access the Playon Server from there, everything is accessible and streams perfectly. Also, using Playon on a full client PC running Sage Client also functions perfectly.

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
I have had this problem a few times and only two things ever seem to fix it really. Make sure playon is up to date (I know I just updated it 1or 2 days ago with the same problem you are having) and the other way is to restart the Playon service. A third option that has worked once or twice is to rescan your library but that is rare.

Oh and anyone else watching the Amazon watch list is now showing up. Just started with this last playon update.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

"The External Feed was Empty"

EP,

I tried updating to version 1.7 due to weird queue imports for Netflix and I'm now getting the "External Feed was empty" message when I browse anything other than UPNP Servers. Browsing UPNP works fine but all other browsing, including Browse Playon doesn't work. Here is my log.

Update:I now notice 2 Upnp directories, one under sageonlineservicesexes and another under sagetv called scraper or something like that. Bad installation?
Attached Files
File Type: txt UPnPBrowser.log.txt (912 Bytes, 152 views)

Last edited by skyeclad; 07-27-2012 at 05:38 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

I see an Amazon "watch list" on the menu now.. but it is empty, even though the actual Amazon queue is not.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:41 AM
Sage User

Playon says the empty Amazon watchlist is a work in progress on their known issues notice in Playon info.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:01 AM
Sage User

Amazon watchlist now works with yesterday's update to PlayOn.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Sage User

Watchlist worked for me no upgrading needed.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:02 PM
Sage User

I'd like to get PlayOn working to support multiple streams to multiple TV's with multiple extenders.

I've done a lot of searching on this and it looks like the only way to do it is to set up several computers (or VM's) each with their own copy of PlayOn. I've completed this, and I now have two VM's each running PlayOn and I can use the Browse UPNP option in the PlayOn plugin to get two streams going at once to two different TV's. This makes me very happy.

However, now I'm wondering what the best way to manage this is and I'm wondering how you guys are doing it. Obviously going through the Browse UPNP option is somewhat less intuitive and less convenient than just going through the normal PlayOn menus and I'm a bit concerned that it might confuse some of the people who use my Sage system.

Ideally, what I would love to see is the PlayOn plugin being smart enough to know that there are multiple PlayOn servers available and utilize a different one for each stream (at least until it runs out of available servers, and then it would be better to get a message rather than simply cutting off an existing stream), however, I imagine that would take a bit of work on the plugin and I'm not sure how much development is being done on it right now. And, for that matter, I'm not sure how many people are really willing to go through the effort to set up multiple VM's running PlayOn to support multiple TV's at once.

Alternately, and perhaps a bit easier to code for, would be the ability to assign each extender to it's own PlayOn server. I have 5 TV's with 5 extenders, so this has the disadvantage of needing 5 PlayOn servers where if they were dynamically allocated I could probably get away with only 3 as I don't know that I would ever need to support 4 or 5 streams at once, but at least this has the advantage of knowing that no one will ever accidentally stop someone else's stream by starting their own, and hopefully, the standard PlayOn plugin menu system could still be used making it more intuitive and easier on the users.

Without requiring any changes to the plugin I think I'm left with creating 5 PlayOn servers and assigning one to each TV (or possibly each user... might be easier to give everyone one thing to remember rather than making them try to figure out which server to use for which TV. That might allow me to get away with only 4 PlayOn servers as well as I really have 4 users with their own TV's and one shared TV.) Of course then I need to still teach everyone how to go through the Browse UPNP option and pick the right server, but hopefully they can learn.

So... after that very long post, I guess I have two questions...

First, to EP... are you still actively developing this plugin and would you even consider adding the ability to natively support multiple PlayOn servers... preferably dynamically allocating them as needed?

Second, to everyone else with the same issue... how have you set things up so that people can easily watch what they want to without worrying about stopping someone else's show mid stream? Is there a better option that I'm not thinking of?

Thanks much,
Brett
Old 09-06-2012, 08:21 AM
Sage User

Can someone help me out on how to get Ustream links to play in the Sage interface using Playon?
Old 09-08-2012, 06:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

I signed up for a netflix account last night but keep getting "unable to connect" error in Sage. I added my netflix user name and password to my PlayOn server settings and tested the account with success. Every other channel on PlayOn works through sage except netflix. I tested through my ipad PlayOn app and it is doing the same thing so it is not a Sage plugin issue but wanted to get some thoughts from the great people on this forum on what might be the problem.

It is just odd that every other channel/script works with PlayOn/Sage except for netflix. Both Sage and PlayOn software is up to date and I tested my Netflix account using both the web and Netflix iPad app, it worked so my account is active.

Thanks

Last edited by g-man; 09-08-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

I was able to resolve this, not sure which one did the trick or if both are needed. I set IE as my default browser (had Firefox set previously) and also reset all of the security and advanced settings for both the local system account and user account in IE.

To reset the local system account you need to hold "Shift+Alt" while starting the PlayOn server and this will open IE as the local account. reset all options in advanced settings. Do the same for the local account opening IE the normal start->programs way.

I can't say enough about how great the PlayOn support team was on helping to resolve this.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:20 PM
Sage Expert

How hard would it be to modify the plugin to use a server located on a different host from the SageTV server? My Sage server is running on Windows 8 now and Playon is insistent that they won't support Playon on Win8 until Win8 is released.

I have a playon server running fine on my Windows 7 machine, I just can't get Sage to use it instead.

(I'm using Consumer Preview)
Old 09-29-2012, 08:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Had to replace the server and reinstall everything.. now Playon will not work

it is seen by UPnP Inspector and I can watch videos on my Smart phone using the Playon app ( it will see the Playon Server) but SageTV will not see it at all

my Log file:
Code:
Welcome to UPnPBrowser v1.6 (Built on 16:41:30.71 05-01-2011 )! (Sat Sep 29 21:40:20 2012
  + Path: C:\program files\SageTV\SageTV\SageOnlineServicesEXEs
  + Checking: (C:\program files\SageTV\SageTV\SageOnlineServicesEXEs)
  + Checking: (C:\program files\SageTV\SageTV)
  + Found SageTV Dir: (C:\program files\SageTV\SageTV)
    - SageTV Version: (SageTV V7.1.9.256)
    - STV Version   : ()
  + Reading Presets (20110320)
    - PlayOn :  ("/search" "PlayON:+1")
    - Browse_PlayOn :  ("/search" "PlayON:+1")
    - Hulu :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:+1")
    - Hulu_Options :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:Playback Options:+1")
    - Hulu_Queue :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:User Queue:Sort By Date:+1")
    - Popular_TV :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:Popular:Popular Shows:+1")
    - Popular_Movies :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:Popular:Popular Feature Films:+1")
    - Browse_Movies :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:Movies:+1")
    - Browse_TV_Shows :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:TV Shows:+1")
    - Browse_TV_Networks :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:TV Networks:+1")
    - Netflix :  ("/search" "PlayON:Netflix:+1")
    - Netflix_Queue :  ("/search" "PlayON:Netflix:Instant Queue:Queue Top 50:+1")
    - Browse_Genres :  ("/search" "PlayON:Netflix:Browse Genres:+1")
    - New_Arrivals :  ("/search" "PlayON:Netflix:New Arrivals:+1")
    - FOX :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:TV Networks:^FOX$:Popular Titles:+1")
    - CBS :  ("/search" "PlayON:CBS:Primetime:+1")
    - ABC :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:TV Networks:^ABC$:Popular Titles:+1")
    - NBC :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:TV Networks:^NBC$:Popular Titles:+1")
    - USA :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:TV Networks:^USA$:Popular Titles:+1")
    - FX :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:TV Networks:^FX$:Popular Titles:+1")
    - Comedy_Central :  ("/search" "PlayON:Comedy Central:Full Episodes:+1")
    - TBS :  ("/search" "PlayON:TBS:Full Episodes:+1")
    - SpikeTV :  ("/search" "PlayON:Spike TV:+1")
    - MTV :  ("/search" "PlayON:MTV:Shows:Popular:+1")
    - Amazon_VOD :  ("/search" "PlayON:Amazon VOD:Video Library:+1")
    - MTV_Music_Videos :  ("/search" "PlayON:MTV:Music:+1")
    - Vevo :  ("/search" "PlayON:Vevo:+1")
    - Nick :  ("/search" "PlayON:Nick:^Nick$:+1")
    - Nick_Toons :  ("/search" "PlayON:Nick:^NickToons$:+1")
    - PBS_Kids :  ("/search" "PlayON:PBS Kids:Go:+1")
    - PBS_PreSchool :  ("/search" "PlayON:PBS Kids:Pre.School:+1")
    - PBS :  ("/search" "PlayON:^PBS$:Programs:+1")
    - CNN :  ("/search" "PlayON:CNN:+1")
    - NHL :  ("/search" "PlayON:NHL:+1")
    - MLB :  ("/search" "PlayON:MLB:+1")
    - NFL_Rewind :  ("/search" "PlayON:NFL Game Rewind:+1")
    - ESPN_TV_Shows :  ("/search" "PlayON:^ESPN$:TV Shows:+1")
    - ESPN_Sports :  ("/search" "PlayON:^ESPN$:Categories:+1")
    - ESPN3 :  ("/search" "PlayON:ESPN3:+1")
    - Fox_News :  ("/search" "PlayON:Fox News:+1")
    - Pandora_Radio :  ("/search" "PlayON:Pandora:My Stations:+1")
    - Cartoon_Network :  ("/search" "PlayON:Cartoon Network:+1")
    - Adult_Swim :  ("/search" "PlayON:Adult Swim:Comedy:+1")
    - Syfy :  ("/search" "PlayON:Syfy Rewind:+1")
    - TV.com :  ("/search" "PlayON:TV.com:+1")
    - Oprah_Network :  ("/search" "PlayON:Oprah Winfrey Network:+1")
    - BET :  ("/search" "PlayON:BET:Alphabetical:+1")
    - March_Madness :  ("/search" "PlayON:NCAA March Madness:+1" )
    - Lost :  ("/search" "PlayON:Netflix:Instant Queue:Queue Top 50:Lost. Season 3:+1" )
    - Check_Comedy :  ("/search" "PlayON:Netflix:Instant Queue:Genres:Comedy:+1")
    - Check_Naruto :  ("/search" "PlayON:Hulu:TV Genres:Animation and Cartoons:All:Naruto Shippuden:Full Episodes:+1")
  + Parsing switches
    - optionsString: "/search" "Playon:+1" 
          + Original ("/search" "Playon:+1" )
          + Quoted (quote0 quote1 )
          + Split (quote0 quote1)
        - Replacing quote0: /search
        - Replacing quote1: Playon:+1
    - Adding to to options Hash
      + Key: search ()
      + Value: Playon:+1
  + /serverSearchTimeout : (1)
  + Breaking up /search into options
    - /device : (Playo
Client 2: HD100 on 50" Panasonic Plasma (16x9)
Client 3: HD100 on 32" Toshiba Tube (4x3)

Last edited by -=Jeff=-; 09-29-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:19 PM
Sage User

Playon or plugin problem?

I've got a question for the group. I've noticed that on occasion, while watching Hulu+ content, that some shows just abruptly end and the plug-in returns to the menu. It doesn't happen all the time, and, when it does, it usually ends with a few more minutes to go in the video. I'm not sure if this is a plug-in problem, or, a Playon problem. Anyone have any ideas?