SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:17 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskus View Post
Norway got Netflix support today, so naturally I installed PlayOn and this plugin.

But I can't get any videos to show up at all...
Am I missing something? Perhaps a hidden checkbox somewhere?

Or doesn't PlayOn/this plugin work with the non-US version of Netflix?
You would have to completely stop/shutdown sagetv and sagetvservice. Then you need to open up explorer and go through each service you want playon to work with, logon and try to play a video from each. Once you know that everything is working and silverlight is installed and working. Then restart playon. Test it on another upnp device to assure it is functional. Then restart sagetvservice and clients.

As far as Netflix in Norway working with playon, I cannot say. My father-in-law lives in Denmark and I might see if he can get it running ang get back to me.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Sage User

Video abruptly ends

Guys, I could use some help. I've pretty much worn out my welcome with the Playon support group. They claim my problem is with the plugin. Here's the symptoms: While watching a video from Hulu+, the video will abruptly end with about 2 to 3 minutes left in the stream and return to the menu. I can't prove it, but, if I pause the stream and let enough of it buffer such that it has more than 2 to 3 minutes by the end of the video, it seems to help the situation and the video will play to the end. Playon support had me play Hulu+ videos through XBMC and that worked fine. The problem only appears while playing videos with the plugin via my HD300. Any ideas?
Old 11-04-2012, 07:57 PM
SageTVaholic

This one is actually probably the plugins fault. PlayOn only tells me how long the actual video is but not how many seconds of commercials there will be so right now i'm just guessing. Back when I wrote the code originally, it was about 45sec x 3 breaks for a 30 minute show, but now its getting closer to 90sec x 3 breaks for a 30 minute show so my math is probably off by about 2:15min right now.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 11-06-2012, 04:54 PM
Sage User

Evil, thanks for the reply. Is there anything I can do about it? A setting perhaps?
Old 11-07-2012, 02:12 PM
Sage Fanatic

I've noticed the same thing with Hulu, my wife freaks a little when the show ends abruptly and I've worked around it by letting the stop menu show up, waiting a little bit then hitting play again and it usually will then watch to the end.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sorry for my ignorance, but after skimming this thread it appears that I can edit the .presets file and add/remove menu items under PlayOn? Is that true?

The reason I ask is that living in Canada, most of the menu items do not work so I would like to remove them. Plus, I have added some plugins (into playon) that do work and I would like to create a menu item for them.

Can someone give a brief description of the syntax? Or point to where I could find documention about the syntax?

Thanks.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
This one is actually probably the plugins fault. PlayOn only tells me how long the actual video is but not how many seconds of commercials there will be so right now i'm just guessing. Back when I wrote the code originally, it was about 45sec x 3 breaks for a 30 minute show, but now its getting closer to 90sec x 3 breaks for a 30 minute show so my math is probably off by about 2:15min right now.
This is a problem at my house also. We can't watch Hulu shows with the plugin because they end early.

Can you add extra commercial time, such as 10 minutes worth of commercials? Would this extend the show by several minutes, so that there is blank space at the end of the show? This would be a better alternative than ending the shows early.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:11 AM
SageTVaholic

I finally got my dev PC unpacked in my new place and will try and get an official update out this weekend to fix the commercial issue people are having.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 11-22-2012, 02:55 PM
SageTVaholic

UPnPBrowser v1.71

Update should be alive in a little while, Happy Thanksgiving!

UPnPBrowser v1.71
  • UPnPBrowser: Fixed Netflix TV show queue importer
  • UPnPBrowser: Added UPnPBrowser.jump to customize folders to skip over via RegEx. In other words, browser will automatically skip into "Full Episodes" folder
  • UPnPBrowser: Added UPnPBrowser.images to specify custom images for PlayOn Folders
  • UPnPBrowser: Added UPnPBrowser.regex to specify the queue importer sraping RegEx's for fixing things like the Netflix issue w/o a full plugin update
  • UPnPBrowser: Made it so custom paths can contain multiple PlayOn folders for combining multiple menus together
  • UPnPBrowser: Added the ability to force a folder name and description from within a custom path
  • UPnPBrowser: If no custom image exists for path, just try finding a Hulu one since they have a lot of images for other shows
  • UPnPBrowser: Added configurable length for commercials, defaults to 10 minutes for a 30 minute show. Configurable in UPnPBrowser.properties

Last edited by evilpenguin; 11-22-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just tried the 1.71 update, but the Hulu shows are still ending early. I checked the UPnPBrowser.properties in C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\SageOnlineServicesEXEs\UPnPBrowser and I can't find a parameter to configure the commercial length. The top of the file has Version=20100615.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Try updating Library::UPnPBrowser again manually, I screwed up the first update, it should be at v1.75 now

Old 11-22-2012, 07:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just had some great pumpkin pie and downloaded UPnPBrowser 1.75. The Hulu shows now play to completion. Thank you, and Happy Thanksgiving to you Evilpenguin.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
  • UPnPBrowser: Added UPnPBrowser.jump to customize folders to skip over via RegEx. In other words, browser will automatically skip into "Full Episodes" folder
  • UPnPBrowser: Added UPnPBrowser.images to specify custom images for PlayOn Folders
  • UPnPBrowser: Added UPnPBrowser.regex to specify the queue importer sraping RegEx's for fixing things like the Netflix issue w/o a full plugin update
  • UPnPBrowser: Made it so custom paths can contain multiple PlayOn folders for combining multiple menus together
  • UPnPBrowser: Added the ability to force a folder name and description from within a custom path
EP,
Very excited about what I think these items above will allow... can you explain how this is all set up? Is this allowing direct links to PlayOn folders to be created as menu items (through, say, ADM)?
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
EP,
Very excited about what I think these items above will allow... can you explain how this is all set up? Is this allowing direct links to PlayOn folders to be created as menu items (through, say, ADM)?
Yep, I've got some ground work laid for some much better customization with ADM but for now all this will do for you automatically skip through the "Full Episodes" and "Popular Titles" folders which is pretty handy.

Old 11-23-2012, 04:39 PM
Sage User

My UPnPBrowser stopped working. plugin update shows 1.71 Where can I download newest plugin?
Old 11-24-2012, 10:45 AM
Sage User

Evil,

Thanks for the update for the commercial length issue. But, like moldmaker78, I too show the plugin as update 1.71. I'm not sure what the version should be. Can you elaborate on what we should be seeing, and, if it's incorrect, where to update the browser?
Old 11-24-2012, 01:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Weird, looking at the download count it seem like most people are getting the correct version. I updated the plug-in one more time to explicitly force people to get the correct version, try upgrading again.

Old 11-24-2012, 02:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Yikes, found a pretty awful bug while I was investigating this that could cause PlayOn to randomly fail. Fix will be out shortly.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:53 AM
Sage User

Evil, as requested, I've attached two files that look like they are log files. The UPnPBrowser application does not have a version resource, so, looking at its properties does not reveal a version number. However, the external file date is November 22. Let me know if you need more info. I'd really like to know if I'm using the correct version.
Attached Files
File Type: zip UPnpBrowser.zip (6.4 KB, 121 views)
Old 11-25-2012, 10:47 AM

Netflix now failing on Remote Desktop error

Since upgrading to the latest Playon version Netflix fails on a Remote desktop error when playing from my HD200.

Do you suspect this is plugin related ?