SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-04-2011, 06:01 PM
Sage Fanatic

7: Will Not Accept License Key - Wants 6 Key First

Makes sense. My 7 is an upgrade from 6 and 6 is not installed on the problem PC.

"The key you entered is an upgrade key.. You must have a valid key already on the system before installing it. Please enter your original key, then try this one again..."

Grammer aside, that seems to suggest I can enter the 6 key, and then the 7 key.

But Sage isn't having any of it.

Am I trying to fool Mother Nature? Should I just bite the bullet and do a complete install of 6 first?
Storage: NetGear Ultra-6 NAS 10 TB total w/dual redundancy. Plus 5tb QNAP for RecordedTV.
Capture: 3 Silicon Dust HomeRun tuner boxes (6 tuners total)
Program Source: OTA antenna
Old 04-04-2011, 06:11 PM
SageTVaholic

No, you shouldn't need to install V6. But it might help if you describe the actual behavior you're seeing when "Sage isn't having any of it."

Note that if you originally purchased V4, then upgraded to V6, and then to V7, you'll need the original V4 key plus the V7 upgrade key (but not the V6 upgrade key).
Old 04-04-2011, 08:15 PM
Sage Icon

I rebuilt my Windows XP server as a Windows 7 x64 server recently and ran into that annoying key problem. The version 7 key should be the only key you need if they key system was designed correctly, which it isn't.

You have to enter the older keys then the newer keys. Eventually you'll get it to work. The problem could have been avoided with a better key design.

Dave
Old 04-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Sage Icon

IIRC, each time you restart SageTV, it will ask for the next key. So after 2 or 3 restarts, it should be fully registered.
SageTV server & client: Win 10 Pro x64, Intel DH67CF, Core i5 2405s, 8 GB ram, Intel HD 3000, 40GB SSD system, 4TB storage, 2x HD PVR component + optical audio, USB-UIRT 2 zones + remote hack, Logitech Harmony One, HDMI output to Sony receiver with native Intel bitstreaming
Old 04-05-2011, 08:35 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post
But it might help if you describe the actual behavior you're seeing when "Sage isn't having any of it."
After I enter "Name" and "Key" in the "Enter Key" dialog Sage throws "Error! The name/key you entered does not appear to be valid. Please try again."

HOWEVER in getting the exact verbage in order to post the above screed.... I realized that I was pasting the *Client* key and not the server key......

RCI strikes again.

Thanks for the nudge.
Storage: NetGear Ultra-6 NAS 10 TB total w/dual redundancy. Plus 5tb QNAP for RecordedTV.
Capture: 3 Silicon Dust HomeRun tuner boxes (6 tuners total)
Program Source: OTA antenna

Last edited by PeteCress; 04-05-2011 at 08:43 AM.