SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Issue-invalid jpgs

It seems between the last version and this latest 4.9.13 any of the lastest Fanart getting download (Breaking In, Body of Proof, etc) for backgrounds, posters banners are showing up as invalid files in viewers or generates an error in opening file in any graphics program. (Paint.NET, Gimp, etc.) Anyone else seeing this?

Also Help file show 4.9.12, my plugin manager says 4.9.13 has already been installed and under WebUI Settings in BMT is shows Last Version Check is 4.9.11. Is this an issue?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
It seems between the last version and this latest 4.9.13 any of the lastest Fanart getting download (Breaking In, Body of Proof, etc) for backgrounds, posters banners are showing up as invalid files in viewers or generates an error in opening file in any graphics program. (Paint.NET, Gimp, etc.) Anyone else seeing this?

Also Help file show 4.9.12, my plugin manager says 4.9.13 has already been installed and under WebUI Settings in BMT is shows Last Version Check is 4.9.11. Is this an issue?

Gerry
care to post a file... perhaps... it's not a valid file, but rather an html page. I was seeing where I was getting a "redirect" html page (but still saving as 1k image).
Old 04-08-2011, 04:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Yes. It is a html page. Once I changed the extension to html it had a 301 Moved Permanently------nginx on it.

What about the different versions I see in BMT? Is that an issue on my end or does it just need to be cleaned up?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

I noticed that same problem after I formatted and reinstalled sage from scratch and installed the beta and bmt. The problem of the 1k fanart files I mean.

I tried deleting all them and recaching and ended up restoring the computer and am in the process of restoring sage.

It was happening with all the fanart except the movie fanart. Is this problem fixed yet as I don't want to reinstall BMT and Diamond if this problem is still happening.
Trallyus
Old 04-08-2011, 05:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

seems to be a tvdb issue - noticed the same - see here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55057

Clients: 3 x MediaMVP, 2 x HD-300, 4 x SageTV Client

Old 04-08-2011, 06:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Yes. It is a html page. Once I changed the extension to html it had a 301 Moved Permanently------nginx on it.

What about the different versions I see in BMT? Is that an issue on my end or does it just need to be cleaned up?
I think that the different versions are most likely cache related. The version # in the help page is compiled into the javascript, and if you browser caches the javascript, then you don't see the updated version right away (or potentially any updated fixes that are web ui related). Try reloading the page a couple times (easiest wasy to go to bmt, then hit reload/refresh in your browser while holding down the shift key... do this a few times), then check the help page, to see if the version changed. (Mine shows 4.9.13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trallyus View Post
I noticed that same problem after I formatted and reinstalled sage from scratch and installed the beta and bmt. The problem of the 1k fanart files I mean.

I tried deleting all them and recaching and ended up restoring the computer and am in the process of restoring sage.

It was happening with all the fanart except the movie fanart. Is this problem fixed yet as I don't want to reinstall BMT and Diamond if this problem is still happening.
Trallyus
While there are no such thing as coincidences... sometimes coincidences happen This is not an issue with a recent version of bmt... this code for downloading fanart hasn't changed much over the last few releases (the last big change was when I implemented fanart retries for failed downloads)... this is an issue with the fact that tvdb has "moved" their images. The code in bmt/phoenix was not explicitly setting the java http connection parameter to follow redirects (the default in java is true), so the image should have been downloaded. It could be that another plugin, or even sagetv itself has changed the default "follow redirects" and so redirects are not being followed. Either way, I'm not explicitly setting the "follow redirects" to true for each http connection, so this might fix the issue. I've also added a property to clean up and delete downloaded images that are less than 5k (you can change to larger/smaller value if you want).
Old 04-08-2011, 08:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks Stuckless You would not know how much trouble those redirects caused me.

I had everything working just right after a format and reinstall and decided to reinstall BMT with the diamond theme and saw all those 1k files under the tv fanart and ended up reformatting my computer to try and fix the problem :P

I am now kicking myself for finding out it was a redirect problem and not my computer being messed up.

Trallyus