SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Poor performance on a HD-300

Well I made the switch back to SMM after trying to use just Diamond for my Movie UI but seem to be having some issues. I am running the latest official firmware for the HD-300 (no beta) with the latest beta version of SageTV. Also running with default java heap numbers.

It feels like there is memory leak somewhere. I can begin browsing the different views in My Movies just fine but after about 15-30 seconds everything begins grinding to a halt. I have to power down the HD-300 in order to get everything right again. When it slows down like this, I can't even get back to "Home" - the whole extender just freezes.

Any ideas? This will also happen when I begin playing a movie and then hit stop and going back to the view. Once I play one, it grinds back down to a halt.

SMM was never this slow several months ago before I made the switch to pure Diamond. It isn't the server either. Got a Phenom II x4 with 4GB of ram so resources shouldn't be a problem on that end.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Logs show anything?
Old 04-13-2011, 04:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggen View Post
Well I made the switch back to SMM after trying to use just Diamond for my Movie UI but seem to be having some issues. I am running the latest official firmware for the HD-300 (no beta) with the latest beta version of SageTV. Also running with default java heap numbers.
Unless something has changed recently the default java heap size is not big enough to support graphic intensive plugins. What values are showing for the size? (Look in System Information.)

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Upping the Java Heap to 1GB took care of the problems. Thanks guys!