SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Changing artwork issue

Stuckless,

I think something seems to be wrong with your JS/HTML when updating the poster images. It's like IE is caching it and not refreshing when I select a new image. Isn't there a way you can force IE not to cache the images, and force a refresh. It seems like a lot of the time I have to close out IE entirely and reload (sometimes that doesnt even work), and sometimes I can do a ctrl+refresh...
Old 04-19-2011, 06:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustovier View Post
Stuckless,

I think something seems to be wrong with your JS/HTML when updating the poster images. It's like IE is caching it and not refreshing when I select a new image. Isn't there a way you can force IE not to cache the images, and force a refresh. It seems like a lot of the time I have to close out IE entirely and reload (sometimes that doesnt even work), and sometimes I can do a ctrl+refresh...
I agree, sometimes, in the web ui the "default" changes to posters will not be reflected in the web ui, but they'll be reflected in the STV.

In the media items view, it probably won't display your new default poster until the caches are refreshed. This is a browser cache issue, and I'm not sure there is much that I can do. i could craft a unique url for every single poster, every single time, and that would prevent the browser from caching the images, but I think the performance would suffer. Today the url for a poster image doesn't change when the default poster changes...ie, it's still something like, /fanart?mediafileid=123433&artifactype=poster. So on the server I read the mediafileid and then lookup the default poster, but the url doesn't change.