SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sage7, SMM, BD Playback w/Ext Player

Hi all --

I've done an extensive amount of reading and searching. I have my Sage7 MC trial installed on a Win7 Ultimate box, where my MyMovies DB and movies have lives for some time. I have a Sage7 client (Win7 Home Premium) in the den that connects via GigE to the server, and then to my receiver, etc.

All was well with everything under WMC7 - WMC Played DVDs (folder structure), and PowerDVD 10 (automounted with Virtual CloneDrive to V played my BD's.

FYI, drives on client are mapped to same drive letters corresponding to the "local" drive letters on the server.

I fiddled around, got everything going including playing the DVDs over the network in Sage using the MM metadata.

Now where I've been banging my head against the wall, is getting external player support going for BD. I found a thread here where somebody cooked up a batch file to automount the ISO, fire up the media player passing the virtual drive letter, then unmount the ISO when finished.

I set the external player to that .bat file, and nothing. I even tried things like putting a PAUSE in the batch file so I could visibly verify it was executing and i don't see it.

This is the last hurdle to me making the jump from Windows 7 Media Center. Hulu Plus, Netflix, DVD (internal player), etc. all work great.

From what I've been reading I may have to pony up for ArcSoft TMT3 (even though I bought PDVD10 Ultra less than a year ago), but the thing that bothers me is PDVD10 worked with MM/WMC. SMM doesn't even seem to execute a batch file, and I have external player enabled, etc. per the walkthroughs and other reading I've done.

From the SMM cover list, If I pick a DVD, it plays internally to Sage, if I pick a BD iso, it will do nothing (or at least so it appears).

Any insight would be great, even if the answer is to re-import everything into Sage and ditch MM (if I absolutely have to).

Thanks again and sorry if I missed the answer in searching.

I'd like to get this going before my trial expires, which is in 18 or so days.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:23 AM
SageTVaholic

I only support the launch external plugin but you must have it seperately installed as well. Any questions about it need to be asked in it's thread as I didn't write or code that program.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by speck55 View Post
Hi all --

I've done an extensive amount of reading and searching. I have my Sage7 MC trial installed on a Win7 Ultimate box, where my MyMovies DB and movies have lives for some time. I have a Sage7 client (Win7 Home Premium) in the den that connects via GigE to the server, and then to my receiver, etc.

All was well with everything under WMC7 - WMC Played DVDs (folder structure), and PowerDVD 10 (automounted with Virtual CloneDrive to V played my BD's.

FYI, drives on client are mapped to same drive letters corresponding to the "local" drive letters on the server.

I fiddled around, got everything going including playing the DVDs over the network in Sage using the MM metadata.

Now where I've been banging my head against the wall, is getting external player support going for BD. I found a thread here where somebody cooked up a batch file to automount the ISO, fire up the media player passing the virtual drive letter, then unmount the ISO when finished.

I set the external player to that .bat file, and nothing. I even tried things like putting a PAUSE in the batch file so I could visibly verify it was executing and i don't see it.

This is the last hurdle to me making the jump from Windows 7 Media Center. Hulu Plus, Netflix, DVD (internal player), etc. all work great.

From what I've been reading I may have to pony up for ArcSoft TMT3 (even though I bought PDVD10 Ultra less than a year ago), but the thing that bothers me is PDVD10 worked with MM/WMC. SMM doesn't even seem to execute a batch file, and I have external player enabled, etc. per the walkthroughs and other reading I've done.

From the SMM cover list, If I pick a DVD, it plays internally to Sage, if I pick a BD iso, it will do nothing (or at least so it appears).

Any insight would be great, even if the answer is to re-import everything into Sage and ditch MM (if I absolutely have to).

Thanks again and sorry if I missed the answer in searching.

I'd like to get this going before my trial expires, which is in 18 or so days.
The external play plugin I use only supports the folder structure that is why tmt is used over pdvd. As far as ISO support I don't know of any plugin that supports that. What was the plugin you were trying to use?
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
The external play plugin I use only supports the folder structure that is why tmt is used over pdvd. As far as ISO support I don't know of any plugin that supports that. What was the plugin you were trying to use?
Sage natively supports ISO though...so the plugins should.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Really? Never used them. So if he is using using fuzzy's plugin it will work with tmt. I don't know if it will work with pdvd. I remember people having issues with pdvd.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.

Last edited by panteragstk; 04-26-2011 at 12:32 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
And thus my thinking that in the old setup (MM+7MCE), VirtualCloneDrive would mount the ISO, then fire off the mounted drive letter at PDVD, which worked fine.

So if I'm understanding, the batch file is never being called because the external player plugin (Fuzzy's by the way) is seeing ISO and isn't written to take any action on .ISO, but rather the actual video file extensions themselves?
Old 04-26-2011, 11:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
And thus my thinking that in the old setup (MM+7MCE), VirtualCloneDrive would mount the ISO, then fire off the mounted drive letter at PDVD, which worked fine.

So if I'm understanding, the batch file is never being called because the external player plugin (Fuzzy's by the way) is seeing ISO and isn't written to take any action on .ISO, but rather the actual video file extensions themselves?
would have to ask him that question I don't think sage works with virtual clone I think they require a different moutning software but not positive on that.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
would have to ask him that question I don't think sage works with virtual clone I think they require a different moutning software but not positive on that.
Forgive me if I come across as a tool, but can you point me to the correct sub-forum to ask him about it?

Thanks for your help, and all your patience.

Sean
Old 04-26-2011, 11:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Forgive me if I come across as a tool, but can you point me to the correct sub-forum to ask him about it?

Thanks for your help, and all your patience.

Sean
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53112