SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-20-2011, 10:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Recording Fail!

Ack! recording halted 12 minutes into Bones last night. I don't know what it is, but the Fox station and my system just don't seem to get along very well. I have no problems with tuning, except that station.

What's the best way to test the quality of the signal coming into the system from my antenna? All of my tuners are fed through a 4-way splitter, but the recording last night was on a Haupage 2250 (so there's another internal splitter). I haven't kept track of whether I also have problems with my other single tuners, but being less than 5 miles from the towers, I shouldn't be having signal strength problems. I'm thinking it's probably multipath off the hills around here. I have a neighbor who points his antenna at Mt. Hood instead of the towers.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:39 AM
SageTVaholic

I've had this happen to CBS and ABC in my area. They will just randomly quit. I'll mess with my antenna and accomplish nothing only for them to suddenly work again. Very odd. What is your signal strength at for FOX? Also, rescanning channels has worked for me in the past.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Sage User

I have had this happen to me occasionally and I am unsure what triggers it. Sometimes, it even tunes in an alternate channel (using Comcast vs OTA).

You could install the OSD Signal Meter plugin to see the signal strength while watching a station.

If you find that it is at 0, try restarting the SageTV service. This just happened to me last night and it did the trick.