SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:39 AM
SageTVaholic

jusjoken,

In system info just in case you are not familiar if you type in 5309 it enables customized menus. On of the ones it adds is Customized recordings. Here you can set up to 8 views. The way to change between views right now id to hit FF2. My significant other prefers the Malore menus... she would like to Create a menu Item for each of the alternate views... to name and sort any way she wants.

Screen attached.

You see 8 views main alternate 2 -8 these can be named anything and sorted in various ways.

Here is the property to my 2nd screenshot.

Code:
malore/sagetv_recordings/alt_view_name=All
malore/sagetv_recordings/double_height_auto=false
malore/sagetv_recordings/double_height_rows=xOff
malore/sagetv_recordings/episode_name_style=xExtraInfo
malore/sagetv_recordings/finales=xFinaleAny
malore/sagetv_recordings/num_alt_views=8
malore/sagetv_recordings/premieres=xPremiereAny
malore/sagetv_recordings/specials=xSpecialsAny
malore/sagetv_recordings2/alt_view_name=Archived
malore/sagetv_recordings2/double_height_auto=false
malore/sagetv_recordings2/double_height_rows=xOff
malore/sagetv_recordings2/finales=xFinaleAny
malore/sagetv_recordings2/premieres=xPremiereAny
malore/sagetv_recordings2/specials=xSpecialsAny
malore/sagetv_recordings3/alt_view_name=Manual
malore/sagetv_recordings3/double_height_auto=false
malore/sagetv_recordings3/double_height_rows=xOff
malore/sagetv_recordings3/finales=xFinaleAny
malore/sagetv_recordings3/premieres=xPremiereAny
malore/sagetv_recordings3/specials=xSpecialsAny
malore/sagetv_recordings4/alt_view_name=Movies
malore/sagetv_recordings4/double_height_auto=false
malore/sagetv_recordings4/double_height_rows=xOff
malore/sagetv_recordings4/finales=xFinaleAny
malore/sagetv_recordings4/premieres=xPremiereAny
malore/sagetv_recordings4/specials=xSpecialsAny
malore/sagetv_recordings5/alt_view_name=Watched
malore/sagetv_recordings5/double_height_auto=false
malore/sagetv_recordings5/double_height_rows=xOff
malore/sagetv_recordings5/finales=xFinaleAny
malore/sagetv_recordings5/premieres=xPremiereAny
malore/sagetv_recordings5/specials=xSpecialsAny
malore/sagetv_recordings6/alt_view_name=Not Watched
malore/sagetv_recordings6/double_height_auto=false
malore/sagetv_recordings6/double_height_rows=xOff
malore/sagetv_recordings6/finales=xFinaleAny
malore/sagetv_recordings6/premieres=xPremiereAny
malore/sagetv_recordings6/specials=xSpecialsAny
malore/sagetv_recordings7/alt_view_name=My Favs
malore/sagetv_recordings7/double_height_auto=false
malore/sagetv_recordings7/double_height_rows=xOff
malore/sagetv_recordings7/finales=xFinaleAny
malore/sagetv_recordings7/premieres=xPremiereAny
malore/sagetv_recordings7/specials=xSpecialsAny
malore/sagetv_recordings8/alt_view_name=Category
malore/sagetv_recordings8/double_height_auto=false
malore/sagetv_recordings8/double_height_rows=xOff
malore/sagetv_recordings8/finales=xFinaleAny
malore/sagetv_recordings8/premieres=xPremiereAny
malore/sagetv_recordings8/specials=xSpecialsAny

This was the way it was done in the old Dynamic Menus.

Code:
<menu title="Main Menu">
        <internalScreenMenuItem icon="dynamic_menu_icons/mm_custom_xSageTVRecordings.png" screen="Xtra: SageTV Recordings by malore" title="Sports">
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("ViewPartialRecordings",false)</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("ViewArchivedShows",false)</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("Function","xSageTVRecordings")</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>SetProperty("sagetv_recordings_number","6")</evalExpression>
        </internalScreenMenuItem>
        <!--                                   -->
        <internalScreenMenuItem icon="dynamic_menu_icons/mm_custom_xSageTVRecordings.png" screen="Xtra: SageTV Recordings by malore" title="Archived Sports">
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("ViewPartialRecordings",false)</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("ViewArchivedShows",true)</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("Function","xSageTVRecordings")</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>SetProperty("sagetv_archives_number","2")</evalExpression>
        <internalScreenMenuItem icon="dynamic_menu_icons/mm_custom_xSageTVRecordings.png" screen="Xtra: SageTV Recordings by malore" title="All Current Recordings">
            <evalExpression>SetProperty("sagetv_recordings_number","")</evalExpression>
        <internalScreenMenuItem icon="dynamic_menu_icons/mm_custom_xSageTVRecordings.png" screen="Xtra: SageTV Recordings by malore" title="Archive Original Air">
            <evalExpression>SetProperty("sagetv_recordings_number","2")</evalExpression>
        <internalScreenMenuItem icon="dynamic_menu_icons/mm_custom_xSageTVRecordings.png" screen="Xtra: SageTV Recordings by malore" title="Archive Original Air Reverse">
            <evalExpression>SetProperty("sagetv_recordings_number","3")</evalExpression>
        <internalScreenMenuItem icon="dynamic_menu_icons/mm_custom_xSageTVRecordings.png" screen="Xtra: SageTV Recordings by malore" title="Movies All">
            <evalExpression>SetProperty("sagetv_recordings_number","4")</evalExpression>
        <internalScreenMenuItem icon="dynamic_menu_icons/mm_custom_xSageTVRecordings.png" screen="Xtra: SageTV Recordings by malore" title="Jan Saved Movies">
            <evalExpression>SetProperty("sagetv_recordings_number","5")</evalExpression>
        <subMenuItem title="Playlists">
            <menu title="Playlists">
                <internalScreenMenuItem icon="dynamic_menu_icons/mm_music.png" screen="Browser - Music" title="Audio">
                    <evalExpression>SetProperty("music/last_browser_style","xPlaylist")</evalExpression>
                <internalScreenMenuItem icon="dynamic_menu_icons/mm_video.png" screen="Browser - Videos" title="Videos">
                    <evalExpression>SetProperty("video_lib/last_browser_style","xPlaylist")</evalExpression>
            </menu>
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Malore.JPG (212.7 KB, 203 views)
File Type: jpg malore2.JPG (102.9 KB, 201 views)

Last edited by nyplayer; 08-09-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
jusjoken,

My significant other prefers the Malore menus... she would like to Create a menu Item for each of the alternate views... to name and sort any way she wants.
How could I say no to a request like that

Thanks for the great details... it should not be too difficult. I need to dig a little deeper on the Malore functions to see how I want to implement that support as there seems to be a number of Malore specific menu items that could all likely be handled in a similar manor to allow adding them into ADM.

I will have a look. Perhaps the next version... after the one I am working on.

k
Old 08-10-2011, 06:07 AM
Sage Icon

So what great features are you working on in the current release?

You haven't updated the ADMTemp yet so I can't "cheat" that way to get a sneak peek
Old 08-10-2011, 07:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Coming Soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
So what great features are you working on in the current release?

You haven't updated the ADMTemp yet so I can't "cheat" that way to get a sneak peek
Here is a look at an exploratory function I call QLM (Quick Launch Menu). Basically it makes the ADM menus available from nearly any SageTV view by pressing the Home key so you can quickly get to any place a menu item lets you go... and under Diamond it also lets you optionally display the Widgets with the QLM.

Comments/Suggestions welcome.

k
Attached Images
File Type: jpg QLMSneakPeek1-medium.JPG (175.3 KB, 411 views)
File Type: jpg QLMSneakPeek2-medium.JPG (214.9 KB, 406 views)
Old 08-10-2011, 09:19 AM
Sage Icon

I like that, nice work.

J
Old 08-10-2011, 09:19 AM
Sage Icon

very very nice
Old 08-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Sage Fanatic

+1
Old 08-13-2011, 02:22 PM
Sage Icon

Does any know if there is a Widget in the STV to Force EPG Update? Or is that Core only?

I'm thinking about using ADM to add a menu item for it, so that when the wife wants to force an update, she can do it from Sage instead of going to the computer, start it up, bring up the Sage web interface, force epg update, shut down the computer, go back to the tv.

If not in the STV, then maybe I might try to figure out how to use the External App feature of ADM to accomplish the same thing. Probably look at the sagex-api? Maybe a groovy script/SJQ Task?

Anyone have some ideas that I might be missing?

Anyone else like the idea?

Last edited by graywolf; 08-13-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:08 PM
SageTVaholic

I use the ADM external job .. I created a batchfile using wget to send a reguest to the webserver. I just added a menu Item to run epgupdate.bat

epgupdate.bat
Code:
"c:\wget\wget.exe" --delete-after --tries=3 "http://user:password@servername:8080/sage/GlobalCommand?command=ForceEpgUpdate"
Exit

Last edited by nyplayer; 08-13-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:08 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks. Exactly what I wanted/needed.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:22 PM
Sage User

I am trying to get ADM external job running but I'm not having any luck. I'm trying to use sageextctrl in a batch file to turn my hd200 off, wait 5 seconds then turn it back on. The batch works fine when executed from the command line but when I put it in a job it doesn't work.

I've tried different combinations of external application settings in ADM. The current settings I have for the job are Window type - hidden, Wait for Exit - do not wait, Sage Status - do nothing with sage.

My batch has following...
Code:
sageextctrl.exe 192.168.1.195 off
ping -n 1 -w 5000 1.1.1.1 > nul
sageextctrl.exe 192.168.1.195 on
Am I missing something basic in how to run external jobs? This is the first one I've tried.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo555 View Post
I am trying to get ADM external job running but I'm not having any luck. I'm trying to use sageextctrl in a batch file to turn my hd200 off, wait 5 seconds then turn it back on. The batch works fine when executed from the command line but when I put it in a job it doesn't work.

I've tried different combinations of external application settings in ADM. The current settings I have for the job are Window type - hidden, Wait for Exit - do not wait, Sage Status - do nothing with sage.

My batch has following...
Code:
sageextctrl.exe 192.168.1.195 off
ping -n 1 -w 5000 1.1.1.1 > nul
sageextctrl.exe 192.168.1.195 on
Am I missing something basic in how to run external jobs? This is the first one I've tried.
In your batch job you should include the full path path to sageextctrl.exe . It needs to know where to find sageextctrl.exe
Old 08-14-2011, 12:34 PM
Sage User

Aha, that did the trick. Thank you!
Old 08-14-2011, 12:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo555 View Post
Aha, that did the trick. Thank you!
Also, you might want to add exit as the last line. Just so it closes the bat file cleanly
Old 08-14-2011, 04:30 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
Also, you might want to add exit as the last line. Just so it closes the bat file cleanly
Will do. Thanks.

Amazing what you lose when you haven't used it in a while. That applies to many things...including my brain
Old 08-15-2011, 10:36 PM
Sage Icon

Dynamic Menu Sort

JJ,

I pondered this idea a while back in the Studio forum, and the dev feedback was that it shouldn't be too hard to implement:

Dynamic Menu Sort - items in a menu are sorted descending, based on click totals. Instead of trying to figure out the best menu item order, just let the click totals do it for you. So the most used menu items are always at the top.

Seems like this would fit in nicely with ADM. Doable? Interested?
SageTV server & client: Win 10 Pro x64, Intel DH67CF, Core i5 2405s, 8 GB ram, Intel HD 3000, 40GB SSD system, 4TB storage, 2x HD PVR component + optical audio, USB-UIRT 2 zones + remote hack, Logitech Harmony One, HDMI output to Sony receiver with native Intel bitstreaming
Old 08-16-2011, 06:39 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by korben_dallas View Post
JJ,

I pondered this idea a while back in the Studio forum, and the dev feedback was that it shouldn't be too hard to implement:

Dynamic Menu Sort - items in a menu are sorted descending, based on click totals. Instead of trying to figure out the best menu item order, just let the click totals do it for you. So the most used menu items are always at the top.

I can see some pros/cons for this idea. Definitely would need to be optional.

WAF in my household would shoot to the center of the earth for this.
WAF much prefers consistency. But not a bad idea.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by korben_dallas View Post
JJ,

I am always interested in ideas. I am sure it is doable and would certainly need to be optional... do you see all menus being sorted this way, or only some (ie... needs to be optional at the ADM level or the individual menu level). OR, would a MRU (most recent used) menu be offered that could be placed at any menu level and it would just list the 10 (configurable of course) most recent used menu items?

Thoughts welcome.

PS: I will add it to the list for a future version.

k
Old 08-17-2011, 01:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Installed this plug-in this afternoon. Took me a minute to figure-out how to copy my "MyMovies" menu item but once I got that it was easy to rearrange things.

Great plug-in, so nice to be able to have the menu items where it works best for me.

How do I move a Level 2 menu item to Level 1? For example move "Browse System Files" or "Program Guide" to Level 1. Do I have to create a new item or can I just move it from Level 2 to Level 1?
Old 08-17-2011, 06:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnmfox View Post
Installed this plug-in this afternoon. Took me a minute to figure-out how to copy my "MyMovies" menu item but once I got that it was easy to rearrange things.

Great plug-in, so nice to be able to have the menu items where it works best for me.

How do I move a Level 2 menu item to Level 1? For example move "Browse System Files" or "Program Guide" to Level 1. Do I have to create a new item or can I just move it from Level 2 to Level 1?
Actually you just change the Parent on the existing item. See the Parent item in the Wiki.

k