SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-04-2011, 11:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Random un-asked-for recordings

For the past week or so, Sage has been recording the occasional show un-asked. Often it records just a few minutes-worth. I have always had Intelligent Recording off. On one occasion, it was a minute or two of a favorite (it later recorded the full favorite episode). On the two other occasions that I recall, the show was not something I've ever recorded before. Tonight, I "caught" it in the act, and tried to cancel the recording by navigating to "recording schedule" and selecting the in-progress recording. It didn't give me the option of "cancel" but did gave me the option of "record." It's as though it didn't realize it was recording. The only way I could stop it was to shutdown the Server and the Service, then restart. I only noticed the errant recording when I was trying to watch a show on the Extender and got a "playback error." That led me to check the server status & discover the error, but there may be no connection. Resetting the server didn't fix the problem, but power-cycling the extender did. Any clues to what's going on and what I might be able to do to prevent further unrequested recordings? I can just delete them, but if they occur on a server that has another scheduled recording, they might interfere.

I'm using Sage 6.?? (the last version of 6, forget the sub-version number).
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.

Tags
playback error, recording error