SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:29 PM
Sage Expert

Would running the files through videoredo fix the issue?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
For now, it is a "you're stuck with it" thing. SageTV modified the demuxer to deal with some of the oddities in the TS files, other apps would have to do the same unless the packets are rewritten to cleanup the tables.
Clients: Wired: HD300, HD200, HD200 running Squeeze Slave, Placeshifters, HD200 (via wireless N bridge)
Old 09-26-2011, 05:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Crusher View Post
Would running the files through videoredo fix the issue?

Thanks
Yes, if they are able to properly parse the streams.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:41 PM
Sage Expert

Just tested and yep, a quickstreamfix run on a problematic file with videoredo "fixed" the file and now it plays with VLC.

Thanks Andy.

Quote:
Yes, if they are able to properly parse the streams.
Clients: Wired: HD300, HD200, HD200 running Squeeze Slave, Placeshifters, HD200 (via wireless N bridge)
Old 09-26-2011, 07:49 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks guys, it works great! Now I only wish my cable co. had more CopyFreely stations. Works awesome with WMC7 though.

Quote:
yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by doncote0 View Post
It is based on the most recent and best successful beta software, after testing and verification. I would trust it as I had no problems with the beta available immediately before this release and this should be at least as good as that beta. This release version has the manufacturers seal of approval.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybolt View Post
I am afraid to try this:

http://www.silicondust.com/support/h...are-changelog/

Has anyone else taken the plunge?
I'm not sure about the Prime, but it appears to have broken the old HDHR and SageTV. I can't get it to tune anymore.
Client: HD300, Asus Pundit P1-AH1, AMD 3800+ X2 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 6150 graphics, ArcSoft decoders
Backup: Synology
SageTV version: FINAL
Old 09-27-2011, 04:29 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelme View Post
I'm not sure about the Prime, but it appears to have broken the old HDHR and SageTV. I can't get it to tune anymore.
Perhaps the ports changed after the update, I had this happen on the last update, on the Prime though.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:54 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Perhaps the ports changed after the update, I had this happen on the last update, on the Prime though.
I fixed it by having to remove the previous mmc entries from Sage.properties. But still only one of the tuners is being discovered by Sage; even though both scn files are there. Which is a bit of a puzzlement.

Ultimately the Prime will replace it anyway. I'm hoping that Comcast's third (!) visit today will fix the cable card issue I'm having with the Prime... though at this point I'm not optimistic.
Client: HD300, Asus Pundit P1-AH1, AMD 3800+ X2 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 6150 graphics, ArcSoft decoders
Old 09-27-2011, 09:57 AM
Sage Icon

Well in true Charter fashion, they have yet to be able to activate my new M card in my Prime. Cant get anyone smart enough to take all 3 numbers (CC ID, Host ID, Data) and they keep telling me they dont need them, and I keep telling them they do. I will prevail though, of this I am certain! Nice having the headend supervisor's cell phone number, but I have not yet used it. Working on other channels first before I involve him.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

From a previous poster. I don't think this was answered.

1. Is there any Windows Media Center services that can be set to manual now?

2. Does the HDHomeRun service need to run or does SageDCT Circumvent the need for it after it's setup?

Thanks
Old 09-27-2011, 10:47 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakrzep View Post
1. Is there any Windows Media Center services that can be set to manual now?
You don't need to run any 7MC services on the SageTV box. It's possible that MC would interfere with how SageDCT works, so I would avoid setting it up to work with it.

Quote:
2. Does the HDHomeRun service need to run or does SageDCT Circumvent the need for it after it's setup?
You don't even need to install the HDHR PC SW on the SageTV box (I don't, I do the FW updates from another machine). So it should be safe to disable the service.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
You don't need to run any 7MC services on the SageTV box. It's possible that MC would interfere with how SageDCT works, so I would avoid setting it up to work with it.

You don't even need to install the HDHR PC SW on the SageTV box (I don't, I do the FW updates from another machine). So it should be safe to disable the service.
I was under the impression that Windows Media center had to be setup to get SageDCT to work. Is that incorrect?

Thanks
Old 09-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I was under the impression that Windows Media center had to be setup to get SageDCT to work. Is that incorrect?

Thanks
Yes, it is incorrect. You do not need to do anything w/ 7MC to get the PRIME to work with SageDCT.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Yes, it is incorrect. You do not need to do anything w/ 7MC to get the PRIME to work with SageDCT.
Thanks for the response.

Also,
Is there any settings that need to be changed as far as the "auto reset wait" (currently 15) or the "Auo Reset:" checkbox (currently unchecked)
Old 09-27-2011, 11:06 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thanks for the response.

Also,
Is there any settings that need to be changed as far as the "auto reset wait" (currently 15) or the "Auo Reset:" checkbox (currently unchecked)
I wouldn't recommend checking "Auto Reset" unless you're seeing A LOT of "WARNING" messages in SageTV. Generally, the defaults are what I use so I'd say leave them the way they are .
Old 09-27-2011, 11:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I wouldn't recommend checking "Auto Reset" unless you're seeing A LOT of "WARNING" messages in SageTV. Generally, the defaults are what I use so I'd say leave them the way they are .
Will do. Thanks again for all of your help.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
ugh. third tech out, 3 more cable cards tried and no activation joy. It doesn't help that each tech is new and not familiar with the Prime so they all want to check the usual stuff, line level etc. I thought by now the techs might be getting the lowdown on my situation before showing up. This guy was going about dual access cards which the TiVo needs. I'm not sure what that even means. This is getting a bit silly.

Have another roll scheduled in 2 days, in the meantime I have an email in to Comcast's help, detailing exactly my situation and asking for tier 2 help for someone familiar with the Prime. That apparently has worked for some other's according to the SD forums.

I'm now wondering if it IS the Prime. Though it seems happy to function with everything else except activation.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelme View Post
ugh. third tech out, 3 more cable cards tried and no activation joy. It doesn't help that each tech is new and not familiar with the Prime so they all want to check the usual stuff, line level etc. I thought by now the techs might be getting the lowdown on my situation before showing up. This guy was going about dual access cards which the TiVo needs. I'm not sure what that even means. This is getting a bit silly.

Have another roll scheduled in 2 days, in the meantime I have an email in to Comcast's help, detailing exactly my situation and asking for tier 2 help for someone familiar with the Prime. That apparently has worked for some other's according to the SD forums.

I'm now wondering if it IS the Prime. Though it seems happy to function with everything else except activation.
Did you try e-mailing to we_can_help@comcast.com? It goes to a "social media" group. An e-mail to them got me working in less than 24 hours. I am in Atlanta area.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
For now, it is a "you're stuck with it" thing. SageTV modified the demuxer to deal with some of the oddities in the TS files, other apps would have to do the same unless the packets are rewritten to cleanup the tables.
Andy,
Can you tell us what causes the ts file issues? Is it the Ceton card or do the streams have these issues when they arrive from the cable provider? I have had some weird timecode issues (can't rewind or ff properly, etc) is some of my Cablecard recorded files and have been trying to figure out the cause.

If the streams arrive from the cableco with issues, I assume people with the Prime are seeing issues too?
Old 09-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by willieb View Post
Andy,
Can you tell us what causes the ts file issues? Is it the Ceton card or do the streams have these issues when they arrive from the cable provider? I have had some weird timecode issues (can't rewind or ff properly, etc) is some of my Cablecard recorded files and have been trying to figure out the cause.

If the streams arrive from the cableco with issues, I assume people with the Prime are seeing issues too?
My understanding is that the raw stream broadcast by the MSO contains multiple programs and some odd (but valid) information in tables that define the contents.

The DCT tunes in the raw stream and filters out the unwanted programs, but (at least in Ceton's case) it does not rewrite the tables. A TS demuxer written to the specification should be able to deal with this file (as demonstrated by SageTV's once they were made aware of the issue), but in practice most components are just based on a specification and primarily leverage test cases (files in this scenario) to make sure something works. Aside from this use case I've never encountered a TS file modeling multiple programs so I imagine that there are very few in the wild, and even fewer with multiple programs in the table but the associated program filtered out; it's understandable that most demuxers aren't able to deal with these files as they are output.

"Fixing" the files requires rewriting the PAT (the table above) to make them denote a single program and stripping out the odd format information.

Theoretically it's possible for Ceton or SD to rewrite the PAT on the fly before streaming them so I don't know if the PRIME outputs files with the same types of oddities but it probably does because the only officially supported application (7MC) will not have this problem because the PBDA+SBE capture system does an end run around it by 1) being able to correctly parse the TS packets and 2) remuxing the elementary streams into a different container.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by svemuri View Post
Did you try e-mailing to we_can_help@comcast.com? It goes to a "social media" group. An e-mail to them got me working in less than 24 hours. I am in Atlanta area.
Yep, compiled an email with details today after the last tech left. Haven't heard anything from them yet.