SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
Those having issues with stream detection please try the attached version of the demux filter (thanks Qian ). Make sure you keep a copy of the old one just in case you need to revert it. Then drop it in C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\Common or C:\Program Files\SageTV\Common. Please post your findings (good/bad) with the updated filter.
Wow. Great news. I haven't had the chance to try it. I'm at work right now. I'll try it tonight!
Server: Gigabyte EP43-UD3L; Intel Core2Duo E5200; 4 GB DDR2 RAM; NVidia GeForce 9400GT; 6 tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM combo, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual Hybrid QAM, HD Homerun Prime (using SageDCT); 3.06TB total space: Seagate 160 GB, Maxtor 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 400GB, Hitachi 2 TB
Extender: HD200
Netgear MCAB1001 MoCA Coax-Ethernet Adapter Kit
Old 07-05-2012, 10:40 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Those having issues with stream detection please try the attached version of the demux filter (thanks Qian ). Make sure you keep a copy of the old one just in case you need to revert it. Then drop it in C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\Common or C:\Program Files\SageTV\Common. Please post your findings (good/bad) with the updated filter.
Stupid question.. Will this fix playback issues on the extender? Or will the extender need it's own update. I can try this fix on the main sage, but my extender can't play them either.

Jim
Old 07-05-2012, 10:44 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuszkie View Post
Stupid question.. Will this fix playback issues on the extender? Or will the extender need it's own update. I can try this fix on the main sage, but my extender can't play them either.

Jim
Extenders will require a separate fix.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
That's what I thought.. did Qian mention any chance of an extender update?
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Oh. Ok, I'll anxiously await that fix. Thanks for your work, babgvant.
Server: Gigabyte EP43-UD3L; Intel Core2Duo E5200; 4 GB DDR2 RAM; NVidia GeForce 9400GT; 6 tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM combo, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual Hybrid QAM, HD Homerun Prime (using SageDCT); 3.06TB total space: Seagate 160 GB, Maxtor 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 400GB, Hitachi 2 TB
Sage Icon

Quote:
That's what I thought.. did Qian mention any chance of an extender update?
I didn't ask (must have missed that it was a problem on extenders).
Old 07-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Well it doesn't work for me on the extenders as well... unless I have a different issue. I thought others said it was broken on the extenders.. I could be wrong.. I'd have to go back in the thread to look.

Jim
Old 07-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I guess when I say "it won't play in Sage" I am referring to how I watch it, on my extender. Doesn't the extender use the same demuxer?
Old 07-05-2012, 10:58 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk6 View Post
I guess when I say "it won't play in Sage" I am referring to how I watch it, on my extender. Doesn't the extender use the same demuxer?
AFAIK, no. The demuxer attached previously is a DirectShow filter used for Windows playback, it should have no affect on what happens on extenders.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Well it doesn't work for me on the extenders as well... unless I have a different issue. I thought others said it was broken on the extenders.. I could be wrong.. I'd have to go back in the thread to look.

Jim

No need, I already asked.

Last edited by babgvant; 07-05-2012 at 11:07 AM. Reason: quoted wrong post
Old 07-05-2012, 11:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Thanks again.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I actually did not get a chance to try the new file yesterday as I thought I would, but I am in the same boat. I pretty much exclusively use HD200 & HD300 extenders. My server is headless and I do not directly play anything on it.

Quote:
AFAIK, no. The demuxer attached previously is a DirectShow filter used for Windows playback, it should have no affect on what happens on extenders.
babgvant, just so I understand, is the file previously provided only good for direct viewing on the server? And, on a SageTV Client (I am assuming)?

Quote:
Thanks so much for all of your help!
Clients: 2xHD300, 2xHD200, 2xPS, Client
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 07-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
babgvant, just so I understand, is the file previously provided only good for direct viewing on the server? And, on a SageTV Client (I am assuming)?
Yes.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Sage Icon

Beta Prime Firmware Released (20120704beta1)

The channel scan actually works with my TA now

http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2484

Quote:
Release 20120704beta1

HDHomeRun Prime Firmware:
* Fix issues relating to channel scan when a tuning adapter is present.
* Fix possible protection miss-detect of clear-qam channels when CCI and CGMS are present.
* Skip PPV channels in channel scan.
* Don't prompt user if a SDV channel moves and is re-tuned.
* Improved UPnP compliance.
* Improvements to network stack.
* Improvements to diagnostic logging.

HDHomeRun Firmware:
* Report UPnP type as DMS.
* Improvements to network stack.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am pleased to report that as far as I can see (and unless Comcast suddenly switched the stream back to what it used to be), the new demuxer fixed the problem on the SageTV server.

EDIT! Crap. Other channels now aren't working. Not on the server, not on the extender. What. The. Hell.

EDIT 2: Wow, I am really confused now. I see three things. First, the channels that weren't working before (Food Network, HGTV) are working now on both the server and the extender. Second, other channels that were working in the past, are now not working on both the server and the extender (this must be a seperate issue..something new to try to fix ). Third, the recording of Food Network that I shared here, that wasn't working before, can be watched on the server, but not on the extender.

Therefore, I conclude that the new demuxer is working on the server, but not extender. As for those channels that are now suddenly working on the extender, it must be that the current programs are being delivered like they used to be delivered, before this problem surfaced. Of course, for a few weeks it would flucuate between working condition and non-working condition, but it eventually was broken all the time. It's quite a coincidence that it suddenly is now working again the moment I tried the new demuxer.

EDIT 3: Ok, more weirdness. The channels that I said aren't working on the server OR the extender now are behaving just like the Food Network and HGTV were behaving before--I can record the show, and I can play the file in VLC or WIndows Media Player, but I cannot view the show on the server or the extender. I'm getting the same "NO SIGNAL" error. This is even with the new demuxer. Now I am just baffled. I guess I should upload a sample.

Last edited by Sparhawk6; 07-05-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Wow, I can't believe we got a new demuxer, that is absolutely freak'n awesome!!! Thank you so much!!!

Unfortunately, it does not appear to fix the issue. Previously I would get either "No Signal" or "There was a Playback Error in playback. Details: sage.PlaybackException: ERROR (-40x80004005): There was a problem rendering the video portion of the content of playback."

Now, I no longer get the Playback Error, however I will still get the "No Signal" message. The odd thing ... once I get the "No Signal" message and then push the up or down channel change I will be able to see the show playback for a few seconds before it switches to the new station.

I have not tried an extender yet.

Also, in case interested ... I first did this with the 20120524beta1 version of the HDHomeRun software/firmware, and then again with the 20120704beta1 version of the software/firmware with the same results.

If there is anything else I can do to help (a log file, another ts sample, etc.) please let me know.

Happy 4th of July indeed!!!
Old 07-05-2012, 11:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok, here's what I've been able to gather.

1) the new demuxer allows me to view recorded programs that previously could not be viewed on the server
2) however, the new demuxer did not fix the problem for live TV on the server. I am getting a "no signal" error for live TV on the problem channels
3) the new demuxer did not fix anything for the extender, recorded or live

The fact that I can now view Food Network and HGTV on both the server and the extender on Live TV appears to be coincidental -- the streams apparently have reverted back to how they used to be broadcast, before this problem arose. But now other channels are having this issue.

Can anyone confirm what I am experiencing?

Last edited by Sparhawk6; 07-05-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
The fact that I can now view Food Network and HGTV on both the server and the extender on Live TV appears to be coincidental -- the streams apparently have reverted back to how they used to be broadcast, before this problem arose. But now other channels are having this issue.
I have not played with the new demuxer on the server, but I have experienced the issue you mention about the channels working sometimes and not working another. I had mentioned that a few months back when the issue started to show up, as I believe you and others had. My experience is that the channels that exhibit the problem can, but not always do, change with a reboot/power cycle of the Prime. It looks like you never actually know which of the handful of the some 400 channels I get will exhibit the problem, but it seems to be about half of the channels I actually watch that use the Prime exhibit the problem (e.g. 5 out of 10). With a reboot/power cycle of the Prime the effected channels can change, but not always in my experience.
Clients: 2xHD300, 2xHD200, 2xPS, Client
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 07-06-2012, 06:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
3) the new demuxer did not fix anything for the extender, recorded or live
And it never will. Any playback problems on the extender can only be addressed in the FIRMWARE of the extender or if you transcode the video to a format that can be played by the extender.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:52 AM
Sage Icon

For those still having issues with the demux filter, try this one. If it doesn't work please post a repro file.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip MpegDeMux.zip (184.9 KB, 203 views)