SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Sage Icon

If anyone is interested (those running SageTV server on a Domain Controller), here is the firewall config for opening up the right Windows Domain ports once you turn on the firewall on a Domain Controller. Note you still need to add firewall ports for SageTV Clients, Extenders, SageDCT, Prime and VLC to have the solution work in total:

Quote:
netsh firewall add portopening tcp 389 DOMAIN_LDAP_TCP_389 enable
netsh firewall add portopening udp 389 DOMAIN_LDAP_UDP_389 enable
netsh firewall add portopening tcp 636 DOMAIN_LDAP_SSL_TCP_636 enable
netsh firewall add portopening tcp 3268 DOMAIN_LDAP_GC_TCP_3268 enable
netsh firewall add portopening tcp 3269 DOMAIN_LDAP_GC_SSL_TCP_3269 enable
netsh firewall add portopening tcp 88 DOMAIN_Kerberos_TCP_88 enable
netsh firewall add portopening udp 88 DOMAIN_Kerberos_UDP_88 enable
netsh firewall add portopening tcp 53 DOMAIN_DNS_TCP_53 enable
netsh firewall add portopening udp 53 DOMAIN_DNS_UDP_53 enable
netsh firewall add portopening tcp 445 DOMAIN_SMB_TCP_445 enable
netsh firewall add portopening udp 445 DOMAIN_SMB_UDP_445 enable
netsh firewall add portopening tcp 25 DOMAIN_SMTP_TCP_25 enable
netsh firewall add portopening tcp 135 DOMAIN_RPC_TCP_135 enable
netsh firewall add portopening tcp 593 DOMAIN_RPC_HTTPS_TCP_593 enable
netsh firewall add portopening tcp 5722 DOMAIN_DFSR_TCP_5722 enable
netsh firewall add portopening udp 123 DOMAIN_Time_TCP_123 enable
netsh firewall add portopening tcp 464 DOMAIN_Kerberos_Pwd_TCP_464 enable
netsh firewall add portopening udp 464 DOMAIN_Kerberos_Pwd_UDP_464 enable
netsh firewall add portopening udp 138 DOMAIN_DFS_UDP_138 enable
netsh firewall add portopening tcp 9389 DOMAIN_ADWS_TCP_9389 enable
netsh firewall add portopening udp 67 DOMAIN_DHCP_UDP_67 enable
netsh firewall add portopening udp 2535 DOMAIN_MADCAP_UDP_2535 enable
netsh firewall add portopening tcp 647 DOMAIN_DHCP_FAILOVER_TCP_647 enable
netsh firewall add portopening udp 137 DOMAIN_NetBIOS_NR_UDP_137 enable
netsh firewall add portopening udp 138 DOMAIN_NetBIOS_Datagram_UDP_138 enable
netsh firewall add portopening tcp 139 DOMAIN_NetBIOS_Session_TCP_139 enable
netsh firewall add portopening tcp 3389 DOMAIN_TerminalServices_TCP_3389 enable
netsh firewall add portopening tcp 42 DOMAIN_WINS_TCP_42 enable
netsh firewall add portopening udp 42 DOMAIN_WINS_UDP_42 enable
netsh firewall add portopening tcp 162 DOMAIN_SNMP_TCP_162 enable
netsh firewall add portopening udp 161 DOMAIN_SNMP_UDP_161 enable
netsh firewall add portopening tcp 21 DOMAIN_FTP_CTL_TCP_21 enable
netsh firewall add portopening tcp 20 DOMAIN_FTP_DATA_TCP_20 enable
netsh firewall add portopening tcp 42424 DOMAIN_ASPNET_Session_TCP_42424 enable
netsh firewall add portopening tcp 80 DOMAIN_HTTP_TCP_80 enable
netsh firewall add portopening tcp 443 DOMAIN_HTTPS_TCP_443 enable
netsh firewall add portopening tcp 2869 DOMAIN_UPNP_2869 enable

FOR /L %I IN (1025,1,5000) DO netsh firewall add portopening tcp %I "zDOMAIN_TCP_W2003_Dynamic"%I
FOR /L %I IN (1025,1,5000) DO netsh firewall add portopening udp %I "zDOMAIN_UDP_W2003_Dynamic"%I
FOR /L %I IN (49152,1,65535) DO netsh firewall add portopening tcp %I "zDOMAIN_TCP_W2008_Dynamic"%I
FOR /L %I IN (49152,1,65535) DO netsh firewall add portopening udp %I "zDOMAIN_UDP_W2008_Dynamic"%I
Old 10-02-2012, 10:50 PM
Sage User

Stutters/Halts were caused by network issues!

Since using the Test function to write to a local hard drive worked just fine, I changed the SageTV Video Recording location to a local hard drive location, D:\SageTV from the previous location on a WHS server, \\Mediaserver\Video\SageTV. Everything now works great, even live TV and HD300.

I would still like to use the previous file storage location on the WHS server which has always worked with QAM and firewire captures in the past. The only network device between the SageTV server and the WHS is a DLink 8-port switch. Is there some easy configuration setting change in SageDCT that would provide better network performance between the SageTV/DCT server and the WHS?

EDIT: Reviewing the settings in SageDCT, is this something that "Replace Path" could help? If I put \\Mediaserver\Video\SageTV in that field will the Prime write directly to the file storage and reduce some of the back and forth transactions between Sage and the WHS?

SageTV7, Windows 7, Comcast, HDHR Prime(SageDCT), HD300

Last edited by jimz06; 10-03-2012 at 05:48 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:41 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Reviewing the settings in SageDCT, is this something that "Replace Path" could help? If I put \\Mediaserver\Video\SageTV in that field will the Prime write directly to the file storage and reduce some of the back and forth transactions between Sage and the WHS?
If you set the SageTV path to local, then it will be rewritten by SageDCT if the SageDCT rewrite field is a remote path (cifs). However, all the other SageTV clients will not be able to see the recording as they do not have access to the local drive.

The right way is to set the SageTV path to a networks address which everyone can see. The idea for using the rewrite is to optimize the storage writes when the storage is local to the box that SageTV is on (co-located).

D-link devices can be notoriously bad. Try upgrading to a better switch (i.e. a Netgear GS108T which is still affordable).

Last edited by sflamm; 10-03-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Do not upgrade to the most recent beta of hdhomerun prime software.
20121003beta5 SAGEDCT cannot scan and find the tuners.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:51 PM
SageTVaholic

SliconDust is sure helpfull NOT!!!!!!!!!!! SAGEDCT is totaly useless for now. All I wanted was to back off the firmware.

Hello,

It is not possible to downgrade firmware due to cable industry requirements.

A change was made to the UPnP configuration of the HDHomeRun PRIME in order to bring it into compliance with the UPnP specification. This change was necessary in order to receive certification. Because this change invoices the way the HDHomeRun presents itself to applications, anything that relies on the old noncompliant behavior may not work correctly. We would suggest that you contact the author of the program and notify him of the issue, as it may require a change to SageDCT in order to recognize the new, compliant configuration.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
SliconDust is sure helpfull NOT!!!!!!!!!!! SAGEDCT is totaly useless for now. All I wanted was to back off the firmware.

Hello,

A change was made to the UPnP configuration of the HDHomeRun PRIME in order to bring it into compliance with the UPnP specification. This change was necessary in order to receive certification. Because this change invoices the way the HDHomeRun presents itself to applications, anything that relies on the old noncompliant behavior may not work correctly. We would suggest that you contact the author of the program and notify him of the issue, as it may require a change to SageDCT in order to recognize the new, compliant configuration.
That's no good, You will have to wait for Andy to look into it. I wish they provided more techinical detail.

One thing I also noticed with using the VLC method is that 1080i content does't seem to de-interlace properly. I'm wondering if when Andy spins up VLC if he sets it to auto de-interlace.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustovier View Post
That's no good, You will have to wait for Andy to look into it. I wish they provided more techinical detail.

One thing I also noticed with using the VLC method is that 1080i content does't seem to de-interlace properly. I'm wondering if when Andy spins up VLC if he sets it to auto de-interlace.
I just fired up my Network firewire encoder for now to record the high channels... I am sure glad that I have the other HDHomeruns to record my broadcast channels this evening... Hd Homerun Prime is RIP!!! for now.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Thank You Andy!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-05-2012, 07:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Dig around -- it's possible

Quote:

Hello,

I'm pretty sure there is a way to force install the firmware using a command line procedure. The official way utilizes the beta driver, which checks if firmware is older than, then updates the firmware. It's somewhere in this very long thread if I recall.

I've been good with Release 20120823beta1

TW

Last edited by teedublu; 10-05-2012 at 07:07 AM.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedublu View Post
I'm pretty sure there is a way to force install the firmware using a command line procedure. The official way utilizes the beta driver, which checks if firmware is older than, then updates the firmware. It's somewhere in this very long thread if I recall.

I've been good with Release 20120823beta1

TW
The commandline does not work anymore there is no way to backup the firmware on your own ... silicondust has to provide a way.... and they cannot do that due some some agreement.

All in all everything is working fine thanks to Andy.. and SD.

Last edited by nyplayer; 10-05-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
All in all everything is working fine thanks to Andy.. and SD.
So, is there an update to SageDCT? Or, do we just need to make sure not to update HDHRP the driver?
Clients: 2xHD300, 2xHD200, 2xPS, Client
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 10-05-2012, 08:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
So, is there an update to SageDCT? Or, do we just need to make sure not to update HDHRP the driver?
Andy provided me with an Updated SAGEDCT and it worked with the most current beta firmware from SD. I am sure he will provide it to everyone when he is able to.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

I've sifted through this thread, but (maybe I'm just dense today) I'm unclear how to get the VLC fix to work when you have an NVIDIA card.

Any chance I can get a quick list of the steps to follow? (Do I download AVIVO, let it fail and register a dll?!?)

Thanks!

rwc
Old 10-05-2012, 10:02 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamm View Post
If you set the SageTV path to local, then it will be rewritten by SageDCT if the SageDCT rewrite field is a remote path (cifs). However, all the other SageTV clients will not be able to see the recording as they do not have access to the local drive.

The right way is to set the SageTV path to a networks address which everyone can see. The idea for using the rewrite is to optimize the storage writes when the storage is local to the box that SageTV is on (co-located).

D-link devices can be notoriously bad. Try upgrading to a better switch (i.e. a Netgear GS108T which is still affordable).
In the process of determining where the bottleneck in the network might be I'm learning a few things about my network configuration...like...I was under the impression that when I used an HD300 (extender mode) to view a file it would read the file directly from the remote file storage location on the WHS. Negative, the stream comes back through the SageTV server and back out to the HD300. Watching live TV, the Prime stream ends up passing through the NIC on the SageTV server 4 times (not to mention how many times it passes through the switch) on its way to the HD300. Using local storage on the SageTV server really cuts down on the network traffic. I think I'll probably stick with the local storage instead of going into hardware upgrade mode.

Old 10-05-2012, 11:13 PM
Sage Icon

SageDCT 2.6.0

http://babgvant.com/files/folders/sa...ntry20796.aspx
http://babgvant.com/files/folders/sa...ntry20795.aspx
Old 10-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Sage User

SageDCT and WMC tuner conflicts

Just found out that SageDCT and WMC don't play together when it comes to assigning Prime tuners. While watching TV on a separate PC with WMC, noticed that the Sage server was throwing a bunch of halt messages trying to record a show with tuner no. -0, which I assume was the same one that WMC was using at the time. Is the only way to avoid these conflicts is to just disable tuners on the respective apps?

Old 10-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Sage Expert

I have not updated anything, but now my HD Homerun Primes are not found in the Silcondust Setup. It shows the turners, but next to the three cablecard turners, it says "Not found".

Any ideas?
Media Server: Win 7 Home (32 bit), GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505 Yorkfield 2.83GHz, 4 GB Ram, Geforce 9600 GT PCI-E, 1x HD PVR, HD homerun (2x for OTA, 1x for FIOS QAM), 1 x HD Homerun Prime with cablecard from FIOS.

Client: Windows 10 Pro

Media Extenders: HD-200 x 3, HD-200 x 2
Old 10-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

two ideas. Make sure the SagrDCT service is running and check your firewall.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Sage Expert

Looks like a bad switch/hub. I plugged it directly into the router, clicked refresh in Homerun Setup and it was back.
Media Server: Win 7 Home (32 bit), GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505 Yorkfield 2.83GHz, 4 GB Ram, Geforce 9600 GT PCI-E, 1x HD PVR, HD homerun (2x for OTA, 1x for FIOS QAM), 1 x HD Homerun Prime with cablecard from FIOS.

Old 10-06-2012, 08:58 PM
Sage Expert

How do you install the updated SageDCt. mine keeps stopping when it tries to add the service, but the service is already there.