SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarylFStein View Post
Manually trying the URL in a browser returns this as the first line:

Code:
{"message":"Unexpected error","stackTrace":"java.io.IOException: Unable to find event data! [Minnesota Twins at Detroit Tigers]
That's weird. Trying it on my instance, querying for "Minnesota Twins at Detroit Tigers" doesn't work either (they're playing again tonight so it should.) BUT querying for "Minnesota vs Detroit" works. On the flip-side, my Atlanta vs Pittsburgh game was extended just fine tonight, and I can see that the query works with City+Team or just City there. So I'm not sure what's going on with your Twins-Tigers game.

Since wayner confirmed overrides are working, you could set up an override for the games in the meantime. I'll try to set up some test cases and see if I can figure out the problem.
Old 05-17-2016, 09:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well that was easy to find. There was a typo in the MLB mapping for the Detroit Tigers. That explains why your case didn't work and mine did.

Version 1.0.1 is now available and fixes this issue. (And the mislabeled entry on the apps page.)

Here's the catch. After you install this update, you'll have to shut down sage and clean the Live PVR Server derby database (else the typo will remain cached there.) In the home area of the user running sage, there will be a folder named ".livepvrdata-svc", just delete that whole folder. After it's gone, you can restart sage.

In the future, I may look at removing this database when building to run inside of sage. It's really overkill there and causes issues like this.

Let me know how the update goes.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Can we ignore this update for now if we don't use SRE for MLB?
Old 05-18-2016, 07:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingwiz View Post
Since wayner confirmed overrides are working,...
At least I got the green checkmark - the Raptors were blown out by the Cavs so the game ended before the scheduled time so SRE didn't have to actually kick in to extend the recording. But it did appear to be monitoring the game.
Old 05-18-2016, 04:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Can we ignore this update for now if we don't use SRE for MLB?
Yes, unless the mislabeled entry on jetty's apps page bothers you. Those are only two fixes in 1.0.1.

(And unless the MLB game involves the Tigers you don't even need this update for MLB.)
Old 05-26-2016, 12:09 AM
Sage User

Probably something I did, or didn't do, but if I try to go to the http://localhost:8080/apps link on my system, I get an HTTP 500 error. See below. My http://localhost:8080/livepvrdata/events link works, it returns a few games for MLB, but all of them say preview instead of the current date info.

Any ideas on why I get the 500 error, and could it be contributing to the "preview" times in the listing?

Here's what the events page looks like:
Code:
	COLLEGE BASKETBALL
	==================
	No games for this date.

COLLEGE FOOTBALL
	================
	No games for this date.

MLB BASEBALL
	============
	Arizona vs. Pittsburgh                            	Preview            
	Miami vs. Tampa Bay                               	Preview            
	Toronto vs. NY Yankees                            	Preview            
	St. Louis vs. Washington                          	Preview            
	Colorado vs. Boston                               	Preview            
	Milwaukee vs. Atlanta                             	Preview            
	Baltimore vs. Houston                             	Preview            
	Chi White Sox vs. Kansas City                     	Preview            

NBA BASKETBALL
	==============
	No games for this date.

NFL FOOTBALL
	============
	No games for this date.

NHL HOCKEY
	==========
	No games for this date.
Here's my HTTP 500 error:
Code:
HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /apps/. Reason:

PWC6033: Unable to compile class for JSP

PWC6199: Generated servlet error:
The type java.util.Comparator cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files

Caused by:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: PWC6033: Unable to compile class for JSP

PWC6199: Generated servlet error:
The type java.util.Comparator cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:123)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:296)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass(Compiler.java:376)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:437)
	at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:608)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:360)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:486)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:380)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:502)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:389)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:417)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.forward(Dispatcher.java:334)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.forward(Dispatcher.java:126)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.DefaultServlet.doGet(DefaultServlet.java:493)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:502)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
	at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:81)
	at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:131)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1148)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:387)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:417)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:534)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:864)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:539)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
	at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
	at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:520)
Old 05-26-2016, 03:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdezur View Post
Probably something I did, or didn't do, but if I try to go to the http://localhost:8080/apps link on my system, I get an HTTP 500 error. See below. My http://localhost:8080/livepvrdata/events link works, it returns a few games for MLB, but all of them say preview instead of the current date info.

Any ideas on why I get the 500 error, and could it be contributing to the "preview" times in the listing?
What java version is on your server?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 05-26-2016, 07:19 AM
Sage User

8 update 91. Current as of last night. I thought it could've been something to do with Java, so I updated.
Old 05-26-2016, 08:50 AM
SageTVaholic

fwiw, the "Preview" status of the MLB games is expected. That's the status I parse out of the json feed for mlb.com when games haven't started. When the game starts, the status will update accordingly.

The stacktrace is a known problem with Jetty + Java 8, as far as I remember.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 05-26-2016, 10:43 AM
Sage User

I downgraded to java 7u80, and now the apps page works. I guess sometimes newer isn't better.

Thanks for the info on the "preview" return. There's a Cincinnati Reds game tonight so I'll be watching to make sure it works for me.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdezur View Post
I downgraded to java 7u80, and now the apps page works. I guess sometimes newer isn't better.

Thanks for the info on the "preview" return. There's a Cincinnati Reds game tonight so I'll be watching to make sure it works for me.
newer WOULD be better - but the Jetty build that the sagetv plugin uses is very old, and doesn't work right on java 8. For now 7u79 or 7u80 are the ideal java builds for sagetv because of this.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 05-26-2016, 11:53 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Well that was easy to find. There was a typo in the MLB mapping for the Detroit Tigers. That explains why your case didn't work and mine did.

Version 1.0.1 is now available and fixes this issue. (And the mislabeled entry on the apps page.)

Here's the catch. After you install this update, you'll have to shut down sage and clean the Live PVR Server derby database (else the typo will remain cached there.) In the home area of the user running sage, there will be a folder named ".livepvrdata-svc", just delete that whole folder. After it's gone, you can restart sage.

In the future, I may look at removing this database when building to run inside of sage. It's really overkill there and causes issues like this.

Let me know how the update goes.
It has been working great, thanks! I've probably had six or so baseball recordings since and they were all extended properly.

Skipping doesn't work right in Placeshifter, but does on the HD300 and Android client.
Old 05-26-2016, 08:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarylFStein View Post
It has been working great, thanks! I've probably had six or so baseball recordings since and they were all extended properly.
I'm glad to hear it.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:44 AM
Sage Fanatic

+1
that worked perfectly for me.
thanks again to best sagetv plugin evah....................GO SOX
Old 05-27-2016, 11:42 PM
Sage User

Inconsistent Behaviour

Hello folks,

I am seeing some inconsistent behaviour with SRE. Some live events like MLB games are being tracked and some like NBA games (specifically the Warriors games) are not. This is new behaviour, things were working just fine upto a week ago. Moreover for some reason SRE tries to track TV shows that are not live, for example i just added Top Gear as a favorite and SRE tried to track that show.

Also when i try to go to http://livepvrdata-hrd.appspot.com/events.jsp i get the following error
Error: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
I have never tried to go to this site before so i don't know if this is expected behaviour as i don't have something set up correctly ...

Anyone have a similar experience, any ideas/thoughts/guidance on how to fix

Regards
Old 05-30-2016, 07:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkd View Post
Hello folks,

I am seeing some inconsistent behaviour with SRE. Some live events like MLB games are being tracked and some like NBA games (specifically the Warriors games) are not. This is new behaviour, things were working just fine upto a week ago. Moreover for some reason SRE tries to track TV shows that are not live, for example i just added Top Gear as a favorite and SRE tried to track that show.

Also when i try to go to http://livepvrdata-hrd.appspot.com/events.jsp i get the following error
I have never tried to go to this site before so i don't know if this is expected behaviour as i don't have something set up correctly ...

Regards
The livepvrdata appspot app is going away, or is possibly already gone away. (I think it's slated to go away anytime after tomorrow actually.)

Check out this post for instructions on how to get a local version of that server running in sage.

I may release an updated version of SRE with the local server as a requirement, and the default URL set to use the local server. I think that would make things easier for people who don't frequent the forums.
Old 05-30-2016, 08:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkd View Post
Hello folks,

Regards
Ouch, I think this is my bad. I updated the version on the cloud to allow me to export the NCAA maps for the new SageTV version of the server and I think I ended up shipping an incompatible version of Groovy with the new build. Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of tonnes of life things right now and trying to dig into this isn't even on the radar and won't be anytime soon, if ever again.

Best bet here is to consider the cloud version of the app dead and move onto the local version now available.

And with that said, as mentioned above, the appengine version of the app is marked for deletion and will be removed at Google's whim, without notice (probably within in a few weeks). Seems it doesn't matter anyway because the version on there now is broken. SageTV users should move to the local version of the web service and point SRE to use that instead. Other users of the web service checking in here should head to github and checkout the OSS ported version of the web service as the basis for a replacement. I have successfully built a docker container of that repo and deployed it to IBM's Bluemix cloud with some caveats as documented at github in the wiki. YMMV.

Thanks to all those who used and supported this plugin over the years and I think you're in really good hands with skiingwiz taking this over. I'm still sort of involved as I add my two cents to some of his commits and will chime in until he tells me to get lost.

NOTE: The app has been disabled on appengine (it was broken anyways).
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...

Last edited by Slugger; 06-01-2016 at 06:09 AM.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
I'm still sort of involved as I add my two cents to some of his commits and will chime in until it tells me to get lost.
Don't expect that any time soon. Any comments you have are welcome.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:16 PM
Sage User

thanks for all that you have done Slugger appreciate it.

I successfully migrated to the local version - thanks for the recomendation skiingwiz

Things seem to be working now

Regards
Old 05-31-2016, 07:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I may release an updated version of SRE with the local server as a requirement, and the default URL set to use the local server. I think that would make things easier for people who don't frequent the forums.
Since the Google app is officially broken, I went ahead and did this.

Version 4.0.2 of SRE makes 2 changes. It requires the local LivePVRdata server and it updates the default server config to point to that. If you've already updated your config to use the local server, there is no need to update SRE to 4.0.2. (There's also no harm in updating.)

Note: As before, if you have a non-default jetty port configuration, you'll have to update the SRE config by hand.

Let me know if anyone sees any issues.