SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 06-12-2016, 11:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvr599 View Post
Thanks Skiingwiz. So, everything seems to be upgraded and looking ok but, here are two things.

It seems SRE wants to monitor everything that's being recorded. There is a triangle on each.

Also, as a test before tomorrow's Stanley Cup final game, I started recording a MLB game (Cleveland Indians at Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim). In SageWeb, it's showing monitor status unknown and again with the triangle. (I've always wanted to know what the triangle means :0)

I don't know if something is still wrong and I missed something in the setup. Also, I installed Gemstone today but, I think I was getting the same thing before that anyways.
2 things to check. First, on you SageTV Server, can you see the following URL in a browser? http://localhost:8080/livepvrdata/events
If that shows you today's games, then the local server is installed and working correctly.

Secondly, check the SRE is configured to use the Server URL http://localhost:8080/livepvrdata
You check this by going to the plugin manager within the SageTV interface, finding Sage Recording Extender, and selecting it. When you do that, you should see an option to configure the plugin. The very last setting is the Server URL.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingwiz View Post
2 things to check. First, on you SageTV Server, can you see the following URL in a browser? http://localhost:8080/livepvrdata/events
If that shows you today's games, then the local server is installed and working correctly.
This part is working. I went to the link in Chrome and it shows the list of events.

Quote:
Secondly, check the SRE is configured to use the Server URL http://localhost:8080/livepvrdata
You check this by going to the plugin manager within the SageTV interface, finding Sage Recording Extender, and selecting it. When you do that, you should see an option to configure the plugin. The very last setting is the Server URL.
This part, I have http://localhost:8080/livepvrdata/events Maybe that is the problem? I will change this and try again. Thanks a ton skiingwiz!!
Software - Win7 64 bit, SageTV 7.1.9, Java v6, HD100 firmware v20100212-0, HD200 firmware 20100909 0

Last edited by pvr599; 06-13-2016 at 11:27 PM.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvr599 View Post
This part, I have http://localhost:8080/livepvrdata/events Maybe that is the problem? I will change this and try again. Thanks a ton skiingwiz!!
Yes, that definitely needs to be changed. I double-checked thinking that I might have set the default value for this incorrectly, but it looks correct. Did you do anything that would cause it to be set to that? I want to make sure I didn't cause any issues.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

New version of LivePVR Server (1.1) available. This adds 2 major things. First, Slugger was nice enough to export the mapping he had for NCCA Basketball overrides, so that is included. Secondly, it allows for me to update the maps without the need for users to delete the database on disk first.

Just a warning, when I updated my production box, Sage did not ask me to restart, but a restart was required (SRE stopped monitoring games until I restarted). So please restart SageTV after updating.
Old 08-02-2016, 08:45 AM
Sage Fanatic

Thanks a ton skiingwiz!!

I thought it would take me a ton of time to get my own server working!
But after reading only a couple of threads.. I got it working! No more yellow triangle over my recording icon!

And, of course, still my eternal gratitude to Slugger for doing the initial plugin!

This is still one of the best features of sage. Football season is coming up and
that's really when I use it.

Now to see if I'm bold enough to try to venture into the world of V9 sage!!!.

Jim
Old 08-04-2016, 01:06 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuszkie View Post
Thanks a ton skiingwiz!!

I thought it would take me a ton of time to get my own server working!
But after reading only a couple of threads.. I got it working! No more yellow triangle over my recording icon!

And, of course, still my eternal gratitude to Slugger for doing the initial plugin!

This is still one of the best features of sage. Football season is coming up and
that's really when I use it.

Now to see if I'm bold enough to try to venture into the world of V9 sage!!!.

Jim
+1 (SRE is the best app evah..........)
+1 (go ahead, v9 beckons)
Old 09-03-2016, 05:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

College football fans, it seems that the data source used to monitor games has started to only return games involving top 25 teams by default. I'm investigating a way to get all teams, but some of today's games won't have been extended properly. I'm sorry if anyone missed an ending.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:35 PM
SageTVaholic

The ESPN json feeds only provide Top 25 scores for NCAA and that's the only ESPN feeds I ported. If you want all football games then you'll have to go back and scrape the HTML pages on the ESPN NCAAF scoreboards and you'll have to scrape multiple pages together to support all games (Div I FBS, Div I FCS, Div II/III). Just checked and google's already wiped the original git repo on their end so I don't have the old scraper code handy for you, unfortunately. Though my scrapper was probably too old to actually work anyways. But fwiw, I always used the jsoup lib for any html scraping I did, works pretty well for all the things I ever needed it to do.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 09-03-2016, 08:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Actually, I found a similar URL that can give all the scores. I have to first make a JSON call to get the various conferences IDs, and then I can make one call, specifying all of those IDs and get all the games back, in JSON.

I'm not quite done investigating, but I'm 99% sure this is going to give me what I want.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

New release (1.2) of the LivePVR Data Server will be available shortly. The only change is that it monitors all of college football, rather than just the top 25. (Or at least a lot more of it. The feed is not consistent. But I believe it's at least all of 1-A, and some of 1-AA,)

If anyone is recording one of Sunday's games let me know how it works for you.

I imagine I'll have to make a similar change when NCAA Basketball season starts. Someone may want to remind me. (I didn't make it now, because with no games, I can't test it.)
Old 09-04-2016, 07:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

Missing dependency on new install

I had SRE installed and working awhile ago on a previous server build and want to get it going again for football season. I'm seeing a missing dependency on installing SRE from the plugin manager - livepvrdata4j fails because httpclient fails which is referencing a (presumably old) sagetv-addons.googlecode.com zip.

Some Googling found the zip in question here
  1. Can somebody update the HttpClient plugin to correct this?
  2. Until then, is there an 'easy' process to manually install the HttpClient plugin (given the above link) and have Sage recognize it? I assume that it's more involved then simply extracting those files into SageTV/JARs?

Thanks.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

@jm9843 - I'm working on the resolution for this. I've completely uninstalled everything from my dev system so I can make sure i have everything fixed. There are several plugins that need to be updated. Most of them are on the sourceforge site, but a few of them need to be re-hosted.

My plan is to get you a SagTVPluginsDev.xml file you can drop in place temporarily. That's in case I don't get everything submitted for update by this weekend. I don't know if I'll have that finished tonight.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok, here you go. Using this I was able to install from scratch.
  1. Download the attached file and put it in your SageTV/SageTV folder (same place as the SageTVPlugins.xml file)
  2. Remove the .txt extension
  3. Install!

Let me know if you have any issues. I'll try to get these updates submitted, but since I have this work-around, I'm in less of a rush to do that.
Attached Files
File Type: txt SageTVPluginsDev.xml.txt (7.6 KB, 119 views)
Old 09-07-2016, 03:28 PM
SageTVaholic

FYI, as of a few hours ago, the SageTVPlugins.xml file has been updated with the new google code file locations, so plugin installs should work fine without any specific Dev file hacks.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-07-2016, 05:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
FYI, as of a few hours ago, the SageTVPlugins.xml file has been updated with the new google code file locations, so plugin installs should work fine without any specific Dev file hacks.
I guess I should have just procrastinated for another day. Thanks Fuzzy!
Old 09-07-2016, 08:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Groovy issues?

So I'm not sure where I have gone wrong. After SageTVplugins.xml was updated everything installed, but now I'm getting this error. I fixed SRE by completely uninstalling everything that was installed with it, maybe I missed something with Live PVR Data Server. Not sure what the next step is. This is on a Ubuntu 16.04 box with Java 1.7, 64 bit, do I need to run 32 bit?
Thank you
Aaron
Attached Files
File Type: txt error log.txt (6.5 KB, 113 views)

Last edited by Korny; 09-07-2016 at 10:11 PM.
Old 09-07-2016, 10:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korny View Post
So I'm not sure where I have gone wrong. After SageTVplugins.xml was updated everything installed, but now I'm getting this error. SRE is telling me failed after it tells me it successfully installed, and it DID show up on jetty but now it is not. Not sure what the next step is. This is on a Ubuntu 16.04 box with Java 1.7, 64 bit, do I need to run 32 bit?
Thank you
Aaron
Check in your sagetv/jars folder. Are there more than one groovy file in there?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-07-2016, 10:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Check in your sagetv/jars folder. Are there more than one groovy file in there?
Fixed, I uninstalled all plugins related to SRE, had to remove BMT and Phoenix and all dependencies and reinstall, not sure what happened
Seems to be working now, thanks for the response
Not that I can see
Code:
ant.jar                  commons-jxpath-1.1.jar     GoogleWeather.jar           httpmime-4.2.1.jar                jetty-sslengine-6.1.19.jar  livepvrdata4j.jar        phoenix.jar              servlet-api-2.5-6.1.19.jar
api-common-1.0.jar       commons-lang-2.4.jar       groovy-all-2.0.5.jar        jackson-annotations-2.5.1.jar     jetty-starter.jar           livepvrdata_shared.jar   sagex-api.jar            slf4j-api-1.6.0.jar
cling-core-2.0.1.jar     commons-lang3-3.0.jar      gson-1.7.2.jar              jackson-core-2.5.1.jar            jetty-util-6.1.19.jar       log4j-1.2.15.jar         salicense.jar            sre.jar
cling-support-2.0.1.jar  commons-logging-1.1.1.jar  gtools.jar                  jackson-databind-2.5.1.jar        json-20140107.jar           lucene-core-3.6.0.jar    salicense.jar.139        themoviedb-3.0.1.jar
CommercialDetector.jar   commons-net-1.4.1.jar      htmlparser-1.6.jar          jcifs-1.1.6.jar                   jsoup.jar                   nielm_sageimdb.jar       sbbi-upnplib-1.0.3.jar   vecmath.jar
commons-codec-1.3.jar    core-3.1.1.jar             httpclient-4.2.1.jar        jetty-6.1.19.jar                  jsp-2.1.jar                 nielm_sageutls.jar       seamless-http-1.1.0.jar
commons-dbutils-1.3.jar  dom4j-1.6.1.jar            httpclient-cache-4.2.1.jar  jetty-ajp-6.1.19.jar              jsp-2.1-jetty-6.1.19.jar    nielm_sagewebserver.jar  seamless-util-1.1.0.jar
commons-io-2.4.jar       fluent-hc-4.2.1.jar        httpcore-4.2.1.jar          jetty-rewrite-handler-6.1.19.jar  jsp-api-2.1.jar             nielm_sagexmlinfo.jar    seamless-xml-1.1.0.jar

Last edited by Korny; 09-08-2016 at 03:00 PM.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I guess I should have just procrastinated for another day. Thanks Fuzzy!
Thanks for your efforts on this anyway. I managed to get SRE installed before Jeff fixed the plugins xml and it worked perfectly on last night's NFL opener.
Old 09-10-2016, 06:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Many more college football games can be monitored this week. Make sure you've updated to the most recent LivePVRdata server.

Also check to see if you need an override, which is likely for NCAA games.