SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:02 AM
Sage Icon

Not a problem. Glad it appears to be working. Lemme know of any trouble you are still having and I will do my best to help.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Sage Icon

I have switched the playback settings on my roku with the introduction of the new official channel, and have so far had 100% success with bluray playback.

I am using Direct Stream / Transcode which means the server will remux the video into a format which the requesting client (client which is currently accessing the video) can playback.

for me Direct play wasn't working 100% of the time on the roku with my blurays. so far direct stream / transcode is perfect. I just had one the Dark Night which has several HUGE IMAX HD screens scattered through the movie, and roku didn't even think about it it just did what i told it to which was play my stinking file :-)

here is a link to the plex forum which explains the difference between direct stream and direct play. I may have posted it before, but whatever. Here it is again.

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/...s-direct-play/

*Note - this is different that what i reported i was using previously...this works better

** OH AND I FORGOT THE BEST PART!! the Roku is currently running on wireless, not the wire!
Old 04-04-2012, 02:22 PM
Sage Icon

I finally got around to putting a patch onto the google code site.

Brian and I were discussing this issue a few days ago. The fix is only for people having issues under mac or linux.

ISSUE
-------
the bmt agent wasn't correctly parsing out // and therfore not providing the correct filename to the BMT API. This was happening under linux and mac only.

Resolution
-----------
Brian fixed the line of code causing the issue and we are good to go now. we are now searching for / rather than // in the parsing line of code.

The path can be extracted on top of your existing install and it will NOT overwrite anything. It will only replace the __init__.py file with the new one.

Please let me know if you have any issues.

~Mike

http://code.google.com/p/sagetv-for-...downloads/list
Old 04-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Sage Expert

Is it normal for the first scan to take a really long time and create a really large Plex Media Server.log file (12 megs and growing)? I'm importing my tv shows (~125 programs) and it's been running for about 30 minutes. I looked at the log file and I'm seeing a bunch of:

Code:
Apr 05, 2012 11:22:36 [8100] DEBUG - Request: GET /manage/Frameworks/EKSpinner/Resources/medium_white_1.png [127.0.0.1] (1 live)
Apr 05, 2012 11:22:36 [8100] DEBUG - Final path: C:\Users\Donny\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\WebManager.bundle\Contents\Resources\Frameworks\EKSpinner\Resources\medium_white_1.png
Apr 05, 2012 11:22:36 [8100] DEBUG - Content-Length of C:\Users\Donny\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\WebManager.bundle\Contents\Resources\Frameworks\EKSpinner\Resources\medium_white_1.png is 573.
Apr 05, 2012 11:22:36 [8100] DEBUG - Request: GET /manage/Frameworks/EKSpinner/Resources/medium_black_1.png [127.0.0.1] (1 live)
Apr 05, 2012 11:22:36 [8100] DEBUG - Final path: C:\Users\Donny\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\WebManager.bundle\Contents\Resources\Frameworks\EKSpinner\Resources\medium_black_1.png
Apr 05, 2012 11:22:36 [8100] DEBUG - Content-Length of C:\Users\Donny\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\WebManager.bundle\Contents\Resources\Frameworks\EKSpinner\Resources\medium_black_1.png is 543.
Thanks
Sage Mini Client on Amazon Fire Sticks and Android TVs

Last edited by dinki; 04-05-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:40 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinki View Post
Is it normal for the first scan to take a really long time and create a really large Plex Media Server.log file (12 megs and growing)? I'm importing my tv shows (~125 programs) and it's been running for about 30 minutes. I looked at the log file and I'm seeing a bunch of:

Code:
Apr 05, 2012 11:22:36 [8100] DEBUG - Request: GET /manage/Frameworks/EKSpinner/Resources/medium_white_1.png [127.0.0.1] (1 live)
Apr 05, 2012 11:22:36 [8100] DEBUG - Final path: C:\Users\Donny\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\WebManager.bundle\Contents\Resources\Frameworks\EKSpinner\Resources\medium_white_1.png
Apr 05, 2012 11:22:36 [8100] DEBUG - Content-Length of C:\Users\Donny\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\WebManager.bundle\Contents\Resources\Frameworks\EKSpinner\Resources\medium_white_1.png is 573.
Apr 05, 2012 11:22:36 [8100] DEBUG - Request: GET /manage/Frameworks/EKSpinner/Resources/medium_black_1.png [127.0.0.1] (1 live)
Apr 05, 2012 11:22:36 [8100] DEBUG - Final path: C:\Users\Donny\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\WebManager.bundle\Contents\Resources\Frameworks\EKSpinner\Resources\medium_black_1.png
Apr 05, 2012 11:22:36 [8100] DEBUG - Content-Length of C:\Users\Donny\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\WebManager.bundle\Contents\Resources\Frameworks\EKSpinner\Resources\medium_black_1.png is 543.
Thanks
I need a bit more info...
- which log is this
- is this happening when you are runnign a scan or just starting up plex
- is your media showing up
- i need the full set of log files outlined in previous posts (BMTAgentTVShows.log, Plex Media Scanner.log, Plex Media Server.log)
- etc.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:44 AM
Sage Expert

- Plex Media Server.log
- Just setting it up so it's the first scan
- Nothing is showing up in Plex
- Do you really want my 12 meg log file? Where's a good place to put it?

Where's the BMT log? I'm not seeing it in:

C:\Users\Donny\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Logs

Is that where it's supposed to be?

Thanks
Old 04-05-2012, 10:53 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
- Plex Media Server.log
- Just setting it up so it's the first scan
- Nothing is showing up in Plex
- Do you really want my 12 meg log file? Where's a good place to put it?

Where's the BMT log? I'm not seeing it in:

C:\Users\Donny\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Logs

Is that where it's supposed to be?

Thanks

Yes that is where the bmt log file should show up. If that isn't being created, then either there is an issue with your plex media server install, the install instructions weren't followed on the google wiki, or you have a jacked up plugin somewhere which is causing plex to fail.

Did you restart your machien after installing plex?
shutdown plex while unzipping plugins and scanners from our google site?
modify the properties file, and scanner files to use your sage specific info?
place plex.js on the sage server, and restart sage server if need be?

a few posts up i posted the steps to help someone else, and i think that it will greatly help you start to debug, and give me some direction on how i can help.. here is what i posted above:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64
I checked out the logs:

1) Good thing is it looks like the scanner is working properly and correctly scanning your media for sage shows.
2) It doesn't look like the BMT Agent is being called at all, so please follow the following steps.
--------------------
1) Shutdown plex
2) redownload R3 from the google site
3) download plex.js and place on sage server in correct location outlined by the install wiki. (Restart the sage server. you shouldn't have to do this, but it may be necessary in some cases)
4) unpack R3 again as you did before
5) change the server address username and pass located at the top of the 2 scanner files that will be unpacked
6) change properties file located in the BMTAgent folder which is also unzipped.
7) before starting plex try and hit the following url from your webbrowser and let me know what happens: http://x.x.x.xort/sagex/api?c=plex...age_server.ext

7 may require you to login, and if it does you need to change the url to be http://userass@x.x.x.xort/.....

If 7 above works you should received the BMT metadata response in xml format, printed out in your browser.

Lets start with that and go from there.

what environment are you running in? Windows?
also is plex and sage on the same server or different?

~Mike
Old 04-05-2012, 11:46 AM
Sage Expert

Thanks for the help Mike. Unfortunately I'm still having trouble. I followed the steps above but I am still not getting anything in plex. Step 7 did allow me to see meta data for the file I chose. I am still not seeing the bmt log. I am providing the two other two log files in hopes it might show you something.

*EDIT* Hold the phone! Looks like it is starting to populate after all. I am stillnot seeing the BMT log though. I take it that's not normal?
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs.zip (135.4 KB, 141 views)

Last edited by dinki; 04-05-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thanks for the help Mike. Unfortunately I'm still having trouble. I followed the steps above but I am still not getting anything in plex. Step 7 did allow me to see meta data for the file I chose. I am still not seeing the bmt log. I am providing the two other two log files in hopes it might show you something.

*EDIT* Hold the phone! Looks like it is starting to populate after all. I am stillnot seeing the BMT log though. I take it that's not normal?
perfect. I will download and take a look as soon as I can.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Looks like scanner is getting the files to read in, and propertly reading them, but it looks like the scanner is having an error which is causing bmt agent not to be called and hence no log file is created.

i would like you to please run the http:// above from a previous post 2 times once on:

- YouDeserveIt-5957823-0 (not sure what the file extension is)
and on
- WordGirlTheRiseofMissPower-6376724-0.mpg

I think one of those is causing the scanner to bomb out. We have seen this before with goofy characters in the metadata attached to files in BMT. special characters, etc. I thought we resolved this 100% with UTF-8 enconding, but maybe not :-)

please post your sagex response for both of the above files
Old 04-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Sage Expert

The YouDeserveIt file is only a .logo.txt file. Somehow it didn't get cleaned up. The WordGirl file's xml is attached. Can I just get rid of these two shows and there supporting files?
Attached Files
File Type: zip wordgirl.zip (1.9 KB, 152 views)
Old 04-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The YouDeserveIt file is only a .logo.txt file. Somehow it didn't get cleaned up. The WordGirl file's xml is attached. Can I just get rid of these two shows and there supporting files?
I responded to this like 4 hrs ago, maybe forgot to hit post :-/

Remove the udeserve it file and see what happens. The response u sent doesn't show anything out of the ordinary. I will check the code to see if .txt files are excluded from being sent to bmt. They shoould be but I don't have the code in front of me. Try that and report back. I'll check code.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hey Mike & Crew.

I just installed the scanner and love it. I have been using Plex for ~6 months and love the way I could watch my ripped DVDs and SageTV shows on my android devices. I didn't really watch TV movies because the scanner couldn't pick them up properly. Not only are movies scanning properly now, but the recognition rate on the TV shows is up from about 90% to 100% as far as I can see. I was able to install without a hitch.

Thanks for all the hard work
Old 04-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterBoy View Post
Hey Mike & Crew.

I just installed the scanner and love it. I have been using Plex for ~6 months and love the way I could watch my ripped DVDs and SageTV shows on my android devices. I didn't really watch TV movies because the scanner couldn't pick them up properly. Not only are movies scanning properly now, but the recognition rate on the TV shows is up from about 90% to 100% as far as I can see. I was able to install without a hitch.

Thanks for all the hard work
Awesome to hear! Glad it's all working well for you
Old 04-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Sage Icon

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this (or if they have, maybe they don't find it as annoying as I did) but the default freebase "plot summary / synopsis" stinks -- it's almost always more about "the making of" or "history of" the movie instead of a true story line summary.

If you find that the plot summary / synopsis from imdb.com is more to your liking, add this metadata agent plug: Unofficial IMDb, then remove and re-add your movie sources and ta da! Better metadata
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2
Old 04-08-2012, 11:08 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcilicious View Post
Not sure if anyone else has noticed this (or if they have, maybe they don't find it as annoying as I did) but the default freebase "plot summary / synopsis" stinks -- it's almost always more about "the making of" or "history of" the movie instead of a true story line summary.

If you find that the plot summary / synopsis from imdb.com is more to your liking, add this metadata agent plug: Unofficial IMDb, then remove and re-add your movie sources and ta da! Better metadata
Huh.. I haven't noticed that, but I surely will now. Thanks a lot darci :-)
Old 04-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Sage User

Installation help...

Hi guys,

First off, I want to send a big thanks for everyone involved with this project!

I've been using SageTV for a few years... first on WHS, then on Amahi Home Server (Fedora Linux)... I'd installed Plexmediaserver back in November and forgot about it, then picked up a little Android tablet and found the app... then found the channel available on Roku and I saw the "light"... Plex really jams at scanning.. having worked with SageTV for a while and using BMT a year or so back, it's a amazing how trouble free their scanning solution works. Once I got my media shares up and running I started thinking about my /var/media/tv (SageTV recorded TV) folder and stumbled across this thread... What an awesome way of the extending SageTV server! Now, on to a bit of a challenge I'm having...

So, I installed as per directions:

- installed BMT, Jetty, Sagex via SageTV plugins UI.
- validated the sagex api is functioning properly with userass.
- downloaded, extracted, and placed the install files in their places.
- downloaded and installed the __init__.py patched file.
- updated the movie & tv scanner.py files and the BMTAgent file with the correct http://userass@localhostort data
-created a "sagetv shows" section and selected the appropriate scanner and so on...
- oh yeah.. when I copied over all the new files, I made sure the user:group permissions were plexlex as per the rest of the Plex's files...

When I go to perform a section update, I get the following in: /var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Logs/PMS Plugin Logs/com.plexapp.agents.bmtagenttvshows.log

[CODE*** Found File name = Seinfeld-TheStatue-1410545-0.mpg, Starting to look for metedata.
Error in Python: Running scanner:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Scanners/Series/SageTV Scanner.py", line 148, in Scan
if(category.find("Movie")<0 and category.find("Movies")<0 and category.find("Film")<0):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find'
[/CODE]

I've searched the forum and thread for anything similar and didn't see anything quite like this... I'm not a python guy (nor a programmer) for that matter, so I'm at a bit of a loss here. Any thoughts?

Thanks again for all the hard work! I'm looking forward to getting this up and running.

jbmia
Old 04-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmia View Post
Hi guys,

I've been using SageTV for a few years... first on WHS, then on Amahi Home Server (Fedora Linux)... I'd installed Plexmediaserver back in November and forgot about it, then picked up a little Android tablet and found the app... then found the channel available on Roku and I saw the "light"... Plex really jams at scanning.. having worked with SageTV for a while and using BMT a year or so back, it's a amazing how trouble free their scanning solution works. Once I got my media shares up and running I started thinking about my /var/media/tv (SageTV recorded TV) folder and stumbled across this thread... What an awesome way of the extending SageTV server! Now, on to a bit of a challenge I'm having...

- updated the movie & tv scanner.py files and the BMTAgent file with the correct http://userass@localhostort data
-created a "sagetv shows" section and selected the appropriate scanner and so on...
- oh yeah.. when I copied over all the new files, I made sure the user:group permissions were plexlex as per the rest of the Plex's files...

When I go to perform a section update, I get the following in: /var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Logs/PMS Plugin Logs/com.plexapp.agents.bmtagenttvshows.log

[CODE*** Found File name = Seinfeld-TheStatue-1410545-0.mpg, Starting to look for metedata.
File "/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Scanners/Series/SageTV Scanner.py", line 148, in Scan
if(category.find("Movie")<0 and category.find("Movies")<0 and category.find("Film")<0):
[/CODE]

I've searched the forum and thread for anything similar and didn't see anything quite like this... I'm not a python guy (nor a programmer) for that matter, so I'm at a bit of a loss here. Any thoughts?

Thanks again for all the hard work! I'm looking forward to getting this up and running.

jbmia
Glad u find it useful and thanks for the kind words :-). I am at Easter wih the family right now but willget back you and help out later tonight. Dont fret, we will get u up and running.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Sage User

Didn't expect the quick response on Easter!

Thanks for the update. I've learned to be patient over the years.. especially with things like this. Enjoy your Easter!

jbmia
Old 04-09-2012, 07:32 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmia View Post
Hi guys,

[/CODE]

jbmia
1) Can you please try accessing that file in the plex.js directly and post the output. the url is http://user:pass@x.x.x.x:port/sagex/...-1410545-0.mpg
2) Usually this error occurs when you have text in your bmt entry for that file which the scanner/agent cannot decipher. I thought we took care of this but maybe not.
3) please zip and post your Plex Media Scanner.log, as well as the BMTAgentTVShows.log
4) are you seeing all of your files in plex, just without metadata, or are they not even showing up at all?