SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 07-01-2013, 08:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
Well, SageTV TV recordings are working fine but Movie recordings still aren't showing up.
R u using the custom scanner with default metadata agent? If so can you send me the default scanner log?
Old 07-01-2013, 09:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
Your scans are failing because .tmp is not a valid extension. More importantly the scanner code does not specifically exclude it.
When you transcode it creates a tmp temporarily so it should be excluded.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
When you transcode it creates a tmp temporarily so it should be excluded.
Wow, nice etiquette.

Ill fix it for you if I have the time.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Wow, nice etiquette.

Ill fix it for you if I have the time.
Didn't mean it the way it sounded don't worry too much about it as I can see future problems.. That means that the scanner could fail on any file name that is not excluded which I have quite a few edl vprj renamed etc....
Old 07-02-2013, 08:02 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Didn't mean it the way it sounded don't worry too much about it as I can see future problems.. That means that the scanner could fail on any file name that is not excluded which I have quite a few edl vprj renamed etc....
I actually misspoke last night. Its not an exclude list, its an include list

#if the extension is in our list of acceptable sagetv file extensions, then process
if ext.lower() in ['.mpg', '.avi', '.mkv', '.mp4', '.ts', '.txt']:

The scanner is failing on tmp file for some reason. not sure without looking

- send me a sample file you are working with so that i can debug it.
- The file should be chucked as soon as the above code determines it is not in teh acceptable list. not sure how its squeaking through that.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Ok, this just keeps getting weirder. Just to narrow down the problem to either Plex or SageTV I decided to install Plex on my Ubuntu server vm. Installed and configured the SageTV scanners. Works great! However that machine isn't powerful enough to transcode video. Just proof that it works.

Installed Plex on another Windows machine separate from my SageTV server. Nothing works. I add my SageTV volumes and it doesn't find a dang thing.

Why would the linux version of Plex work but not the Windows version?
Old 07-02-2013, 01:35 PM
SageTVaholic

PiX64, can you please take a look at the attached log and see if you can tell me why it's not updating? To test whether it's going to see new recordings I made a test recording of "The Chew" today. It scanned but didn't pick up the new file.

I'm also having problems with the SageTV Movie scanner. All I see in the log when I do a movie scan is that it has errors on line whatever scanning in the Recycle Bin. That the function has 5 options but only received 4.

The movie scanner doesn't pick anything up.

Strange how this all worked perfectly on Linux but all sorts of problems on Windows.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Plex Media Scanner.log.txt (81.1 KB, 147 views)
Old 07-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
PiX64, can you please take a look at the attached log and see if you can tell me why it's not updating? To test whether it's going to see new recordings I made a test recording of "The Chew" today. It scanned but didn't pick up the new file.

I'm also having problems with the SageTV Movie scanner. All I see in the log when I do a movie scan is that it has errors on line whatever scanning in the Recycle Bin. That the function has 5 options but only received 4.

The movie scanner doesn't pick anything up.

Strange how this all worked perfectly on Linux but all sorts of problems on Windows.
ODD indeed. its scanning the .recycle bin file. silly windows.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:56 AM
Sage User

I was having issue also where new TV data wasn't getting updated. I tried deleting, and starting fresh, but no joy.
My guess is it started after I updated to the newest version of Plex on Windows.

My log had an error:
"\SageTV Scanner.py", line 84, in Scan VideoFiles.Scan(path, files, mediaList, subdirs)
TypeError: Scan() takes exactly 5 arguments (4 given)
"

I looked at the built in Plex Series Scanner.py and they pass in the 5th argument, root. Looks like they force it to None.

So, I tried adding the 5th argument to the SageTVScanner.py VideoFile and I appear to be running correctly again.

VideoFiles.Scan(path, files, mediaList, subdirs, None)

Will update if I find any unanticipated side effects.

Last edited by ugh; 07-05-2013 at 07:21 AM.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugh View Post
I was having issue also where new TV data wasn't getting updated. I tried deleting, and starting fresh, but no joy.
My guess is it started after I updated to the newest version of Plex on Windows.

My log had an error:
"\SageTV Scanner.py", line 84, in Scan VideoFiles.Scan(path, files, mediaList, subdirs)
"

I looked at the built in Plex Series Scanner.py and they pass in the 5th argument, root. Looks like they force it to None.

So, I tried adding the 5th argument to the SageTVScanner.py VideoFile and I appear to be running correctly again.

That is the same exact error I was getting.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:25 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugh View Post

My log had an error:
"

Awesome thanks! They do that from time to time and break old code. It doesn't happen very often but when they do it pisses me right off :-). Thanks for finding this and ill get a patch out ASAP for everyone else's.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:18 AM
SageTVaholic

I made those changes to the two Python scripts and my problems with the SageTV scanners under Windows seems to have gone away.

They must not have updated the Linux version of Plex with the updated API or the Linux version fails more gracefully and doesn't cause the scan to fail completely.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:56 PM
Sage Icon

Finally fixed those pesky errors we were seeing in update, search, and serialization!! finally! that was pain to track down.

I have also incorporated Taddeusz mentioned fix above. code isn't in google yet, but Ill post the updates to this thread shortly.

you will not see poster art or fanart if it isn't in BMT

so this set of codes fixes:
- Shows not showing up with metadata due to the search, update, or serialization error
- Failed scans due to plex change to required arguments in one of their primary functions
- pinkish hue is gone
- I think thats it.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:00 PM
SageTVaholic

My issue appears to have been due to the function argument requirement. So it shouldn't require any more than what you've already done.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
My issue appears to have been due to the function argument requirement. So it shouldn't require any more than what you've already done.
Thats good, but I was seeing in the newest version which removes the pinkish hue (not on google code site only posted in this thread a few weeks back) There were instances where shows would show up with season and episode from scanner, but NO other metadata regardless of the fact that BMT had metadata for it.. that is now fixed as well.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Sage Icon

CODE FIX for Pink Hue, Missing metadata, Changes to Plex core function, and more

make sure to remove the section, empty trash and clean bundles before rerunning scanners and agent.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Archive.zip (66.1 KB, 131 views)
Old 07-08-2013, 03:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
make sure to remove the section, empty trash and clean bundles before rerunning scanners and agent.
Pix which version of plex are you running. I am running the Plex Pass Version I got the error below.

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\SAGETVUSER\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Scanners\Series\SageTV Scanner.py", line 84, in Scan
TypeError: Scan() takes exactly 4 arguments (5 given)
Old 07-08-2013, 03:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Pix which version of plex are you running. I am running the Plex Pass Version I got the error below.

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\SAGETVUSER\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Scanners\Series\SageTV Scanner.py", line 84, in Scan
TypeError: Scan() takes exactly 4 arguments (5 given)
I am running the most recent plexpass version i believe: 0.9.8.1
Old 07-08-2013, 03:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I am running the most recent plexpass version i believe: 0.9.8.1
Now its working good I am using the same one. Guess Maybe I tried doing the scan too fast.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:19 PM
Sage Icon

Forgot the movie scanner 5th arg fix in the zip file above.. so here it is
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageTV Movie Scanner.py.zip (2.5 KB, 114 views)