SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
Forgot the movie scanner 5th arg fix in the zip file above.. so here it is
This doesn't work. Stack.Scan says it only takes 4 arguments, not 5. I don't know the difference in the code.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:13 AM
Sage Icon

sry about that, I didn't actually test that guy. Ill take a look and post a fix
Old 07-09-2013, 08:11 AM
Sage Icon

correct scanner file tested and working. sorry about :-/
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageTV Movie Scanner.py.zip (2.5 KB, 159 views)
Old 07-11-2013, 10:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Will this be posted to Google code eventually?

Also, earlier you mentioned using the built in Plex scanner if we can find a season and episode in the file name, is this something that's still being looked at? That sounded good to me.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comitizer View Post
Will this be posted to Google code eventually?

Also, earlier you mentioned using the built in Plex scanner if we can find a season and episode in the file name, is this something that's still being looked at? That sounded good to me.
This code will all be up in google... eventually yes. you can copy the files right out of this thread and they will do the trick.

I asked a few questions of on the plex thread and and its not really possible to do what I wanted to do. bascially we would have to do this which is less than ideal

1 section for recordings that built in scanner can find
1 section for everything else sage related.

THETVDB is a primary agent and as such you can only contribute to it, you can't have it contribute to you, if that makes sense to ya. You could potentially do some monkey'ng around with the scoring system that thetvdb metdata agent uses to rank results, but again i can't get into the code and change the tvdb metadat agent code without the risk of it being overwritten each time plex pushes out an update. Ideally we could have THEEVDB contribute to BMTAgent, but thats not an option.

Give the newest code set a try and im quite confident you will be very pleased with the results.. everything in sagex/bmt now is brought over correctly episode thumbs, fanart, posterart, etc. there are also no more errors being caused by the lookup to get theme music...

Last edited by PiX64; 07-12-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hmm, I'm not sure why but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm not certain that I put things in the correct spot.

I had the previous version of the plugin working but the Plex update broke it.

Would you mind posting the latest version with all of the various patch files? There seemed to be a couple of different versions of some of the files and I'm a little confused as to what is needed and what isn't.

Thank you for any help.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:57 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hmm, I'm not sure why but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm not certain that I put things in the correct spot.

I had the previous version of the plugin working but the Plex update broke it.

Would you mind posting the latest version with all of the various patch files? There seemed to be a couple of different versions of some of the files and I'm a little confused as to what is needed and what isn't.

Thank you for any help.
Sorry, I missed this over the weekend.

Sure thing. Ill get the code zipped up and pushed out to google this morning.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:50 PM
Sage Icon

sorry for the delay, but I got busy with some things for work.

https://code.google.com/p/sagetv-for...6.zip&can=2&q=
Old 07-15-2013, 01:00 PM
Sage Icon

i still need to update the source incase anyone wants to pull that, but haven't had a chance yet. its not really necessary as al the "source" is contained in the zip file one places in the plex folder... its just .py scripts
Old 07-16-2013, 09:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

It all works perfectly now! Thanks!

I realized that my problem was probably due to me forgetting to specify my Sage host name in the py files.

Regardless, thank you very much. The integration is slick and very cool.

Quote:
i still need to update the source incase anyone wants to pull that, but haven't had a chance yet. its not really necessary as al the "source" is contained in the zip file one places in the plex folder... its just .py scripts
Old 07-16-2013, 09:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
It all works perfectly now! Thanks!

I realized that my problem was probably due to me forgetting to specify my Sage host name in the py files.

Regardless, thank you very much. The integration is slick and very cool.
Awesome, glad it is working for you.

Im not sure what others do but my son and wife have been using roku now to watch sage recordings without commercials almost exclusively. What i do is use MCDBuddy. MCE buddy will keep folders in sync, and will cut commercials as well as transcode for roku direct playback. roku files play super quick and and ffw and rrw are flawless.

here is a video i create for wrems to show how it works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk7rumtZimY

i convert recordings in 2 profiles. 1 for kids shows and show my wife watches not caring about quality to much (eventhough the mp4 fast setting produces steller results IMO) and HD which is mp4 hd. the fast profile takes about 18 minutes per show to cut commercials and convert the HD profile takes about 1 hr per show.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:38 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Awesome, glad it is working for you.

Im not sure what others do but my son and wife have been using roku now to watch sage recordings without commercials almost exclusively. What i do is use MCDBuddy. MCE buddy will keep folders in sync, and will cut commercials as well as transcode for roku direct playback. roku files play super quick and and ffw and rrw are flawless.

here is a video i create for wrems to show how it works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk7rumtZimY

i convert recordings in 2 profiles. 1 for kids shows and show my wife watches not caring about quality to much (eventhough the mp4 fast setting produces steller results IMO) and HD which is mp4 hd. the fast profile takes about 18 minutes per show to cut commercials and convert the HD profile takes about 1 hr per show.
sorry for the horrible video taking skills :-D
Old 07-31-2013, 02:38 PM
Sage User

Nice stuff ... great tip on MCEBuddy. I am just starting off on integrating Sage + Roku + Plex (my extender is dying) and am still fighting some teething issues. MCEbuddy will hopefully make a part of the migration easier. Still fighting SageTV recording fannart though, can’t get that going on Plex
Old 08-01-2013, 09:33 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkd View Post
Nice stuff ... great tip on MCEBuddy. I am just starting off on integrating Sage + Roku + Plex (my extender is dying) and am still fighting some teething issues. MCEbuddy will hopefully make a part of the migration easier. Still fighting SageTV recording fannart though, can’t get that going on Plex
Do you have the fanart available in BMT? the plex BMT agent will call sagex and grab the same fanart that is stored (if any) in ../userdata/Phoenix/fanart/* I believe is the path.. if there is nothing there, then it won't bring anything in.

If you would like me to help debug i would need to see the scanner log, as well as the BMTAgent log file...
Old 08-01-2013, 09:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi I'm having a problem with Plex retrieving the fanart from BMT but only for 1 episode of 1 show. In BMT I have 8 episodes of Wipeout (US) with all the proper fanart. In Plex I have the same 8 episodes of Wipeout (US) but only the oldest 7 recordings are picking up the fanart and the newest recording is not. Other shows that I have recorded since are picking up the fanart from BMT no problem but for some reason this 1 episode of Wipeout (US) is not grabbing it. Let me know which logs are needed for troubleshooting and I'll provide them.

Thanks.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:02 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarenceb5 View Post
Hi I'm having a problem with Plex retrieving the fanart from BMT but only for 1 episode of 1 show. In BMT I have 8 episodes of Wipeout (US) with all the proper fanart. In Plex I have the same 8 episodes of Wipeout (US) but only the oldest 7 recordings are picking up the fanart and the newest recording is not. Other shows that I have recorded since are picking up the fanart from BMT no problem but for some reason this 1 episode of Wipeout (US) is not grabbing it. Let me know which logs are needed for troubleshooting and I'll provide them.

Thanks.
I have seen this happen if the file name is slightly different formatting than the other files. if you go into your fanart location check out that 1 file and see if/how it differs from the others. I have this scenario with a show called "Tanked: Unfiltered". the file is stored as tankedunfiltered, the fanart folder is set to tanked unfiltered && there is a Tanked Unfiltered, neither of which resolve to the correct location based on the metadata stored and retrieved from sagex. Im not exactly sure how BMT/phoneix resolve correctly in this scenario, but i plan on talking with Sean about it..
Old 08-01-2013, 02:45 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Do you have the fanart available in BMT? the plex BMT agent will call sagex and grab the same fanart that is stored (if any) in ../userdata/Phoenix/fanart/* I believe is the path.. if there is nothing there, then it won't bring anything in.

If you would like me to help debug i would need to see the scanner log, as well as the BMTAgent log file...
Thanks for the offer, I need to research this a bit before I waste your time. I just built a brand new machine so I can stream via plex and I am almost certain I have forgotten something with Sage. For instance I don't remember if I installed Phoenix plugin ...
On a separate note (sorry for the off topic question), I got MCE buddy running yesterday and noticed that it took a long time to run to process a 30 min show (NBC News) and pegged my CPU at 100%. I was rather surprised as I have a AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz based system. I would have thought that the CPU usage would have been much lower, do you the same?. Can you share your options that you have for MCEBuddy?
Old 08-01-2013, 02:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkd View Post
Thanks for the offer, I need to research this a bit before I waste your time. I just built a brand new machine so I can stream via plex and I am almost certain I have forgotten something with Sage. For instance I don't remember if I installed Phoenix plugin ...
On a separate note (sorry for the off topic question), I got MCE buddy running yesterday and noticed that it took a long time to run to process a 30 min show (NBC News) and pegged my CPU at 100%. I was rather surprised as I have a AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz based system. I would have thought that the CPU usage would have been much lower, do you the same?. Can you share your options that you have for MCEBuddy?
MCE buddy, to my understanding runs in a "play nice" sort of fashion. Not dissimliar to comskip. If there are available cycles, it will use them... if another program is demanding more it will give it up willingly...I think... It also has to do with ram and how much it will consume.

I have no problem sharing my settings, what exactly do you want though? conversion profile, priority settings? what?
Old 08-01-2013, 03:19 PM
Sage User

Quote:
MCE buddy, to my understanding runs in a "play nice" sort of fashion. Not dissimliar to comskip. If there are available cycles, it will use them... if another program is demanding more it will give it up willingly...I think... It also has to do with ram and how much it will consume.

I have no problem sharing my settings, what exactly do you want though? conversion profile, priority settings? what?
Good questions, following is what I have for MCEBuddy. Do you see a issue with these?

Conversion task settings
1. Profile: MP4 normal quality
2. Comskip: I have it enabled (do you have a special profile for comskip?)
3. Use MC compatible naming is enabled
4. Max width = 1920 to maintain 1080i picture
5. Audio language = English
6. Multichannel audio is enabled
7. DRC is disabled
8. Rest is default (unless i unknowingly changed it)

Appreciate your time looking at this
Old 08-02-2013, 07:22 AM
Sage Icon

I don't use MCEBuddy to process commercials. I have it grab the video from the sagedirectory directly, and tell it to use the sagetv comskip.ini. If you already run commercial skip on sage, then there is no reason to reprocess the commercials (unless of course you wanted to use ShowAnalyzer or something of that nature). I attached 3 screens of all of my settings for you. I have 2 encoding profiles that i Use, to process the same 3 reccording directories in 2 passes. I use the filtering available for mcebuddy to only send certain recordings to certain profiles... if that makes sense
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2013-08-02 at 8.15.10 AM.png (70.0 KB, 159 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2013-08-02 at 8.15.28 AM.png (70.1 KB, 164 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2013-08-02 at 8.15.44 AM.png (63.4 KB, 165 views)