SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

I understand why this may be a struggle, on a re-run recording you would be using the date the show was recorded and not the original airing date so for re-run recordings it would be inaccurate. Would it be possible to analyze first if the recording is a first run or not and if it is a first run then use the recorded date if it is not a first run then use the original air date? Just a thought I had.

Last edited by clarenceb5; 09-11-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarenceb5 View Post
I understand why this may be a struggle, on a re-run recording you would be using the date the show was recorded and not the original airing date so for re-run recordings it would be inaccurate. Would it be possible to analyze first if the recording is a first run or not and if it is a first run then use the recorded date if it is not a first run then use the original air date? Just a thought I had.
If there is a flag in the json that is returned from sagex, then yes.. if not then no :-)
Old 09-12-2013, 11:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
MLB should be showing up as you can see above. What i would suggest is take that file, copy it and put it in another location. create a new sections with ONLY that file in it, scan, and send me the log. That may shed some light on why exactly the date isn't coming through.
I've copied the MLB recording to another folder and I've added this folder as a new TV section all by itself in Plex using the SageTV Scanner and the SageTV BMT Agent (TV Shows) Agent. I've attached the log files in a zip file as there were multiple log files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Plex Media Scanner Logs.zip (117.4 KB, 105 views)
Old 09-12-2013, 11:56 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I've copied the MLB recording to another folder and I've added this folder as a new TV section all by itself in Plex using the SageTV Scanner and the SageTV BMT Agent (TV Shows) Agent. I've attached the log files in a zip file as there were multiple log files.
that file is already in the plex database, so yeah sorry.. you would need to delete other section, remove it, clean bundles, empty trash :-/

plex won't add a file if it already exists in the database...even if it is in another section.

i also need the bmtagent log please.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

There is a brand new recording of MLB from last night in these log files, the file name is MLBBaseball-LosAngelesAngelsofAnaheimatTorontoBlueJays-1126235-0.mpg. And I've attached the BMT Agent log file as well.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BMT Agent Logs.zip (154.6 KB, 113 views)
Old 09-12-2013, 01:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
There is a brand new recording of MLB from last night in these log files, the file name is MLBBaseball-LosAngelesAngelsofAnaheimatTorontoBlueJays-1126235-0.mpg. And I've attached the BMT Agent log file as well.
either my search isn't working, or I am blind... i don't see a single baseball recording in the newest file i.e. one without a -# at the end

i search for MLBBaseball-LosAngelesAngelsofAnaheimatTorontoBlueJays-1126235-0.mpg

nothing...
Old 09-12-2013, 01:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

I search the files using only '1126235' in my search and I am find this recording 'MLBBaseball-LosAngelesAngelsofAnaheimatTorontoBlueJays-1126235-0.mpg' in the following files:

'Plex Media Scanner.log.3' (2 occurrences)
'Plex Media Scanner.log.4' (2 occurrences)
'com.plexapp.agents.bmtagenttvshows.log.1' (6 occurrences)
'com.plexapp.agents.bmtagenttvshows.log.2' (2 occurrences)
Old 09-12-2013, 02:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I search the files using only '1126235' in my search and I am find this recording 'MLBBaseball-LosAngelesAngelsofAnaheimatTorontoBlueJays-1126235-0.mpg' in the following files:

'Plex Media Scanner.log.3' (2 occurrences)
'Plex Media Scanner.log.4' (2 occurrences)
'com.plexapp.agents.bmtagenttvshows.log.1' (6 occurrences)
'com.plexapp.agents.bmtagenttvshows.log.2' (2 occurrences)
got it. if it is showing up in either 1 or 2 file, then it is from an OLD scan, which is why i didn't check those. you said it was a new file that just came up so sorry I didn't catch that.

I see the file now and it looks like the original air date that is coming back if 0 which probably means that there is an error in the python which is not converting the data correctly in this case. This is in turn causing a serialization exception...are you sure you are running the most recent code from the .zip file on google? if so then there is not much else i can say as to why it is failing.

I will work on the code to do some conditional processing and see if we are looking at a first run or not. if we are then use the recording date rather than the original airdate... although im still not sure that the most accurate thing to do.

I mean whats really the disadvantage of using the recorded date all of the time? i dunno ill think about it some more.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:58 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmia View Post
Thanks for all the assistance you've provided to me and I'm sure everyone else here really really appreciates all the effort you've put into this... I can certainly wait if we don't it worked out prior to your departure, so no stress there...

I've attached 3 jpegs of what I"m seeing. ABC World News shows in Plex without artwork and doesn't show any artwork in BMT when browsing to the fanart tab... Please see the 3 files I uploaded.
Where are we at on this? Were you able to confirm that by going into the change poster section of the plex web ui for a specific media item you are not seeing posters for, that there are blank posters along with the correct ones?
Welcome back... looks like you've been back a few days... Apologies for jumping back in late. So, I went in and double checked a scenario this evening. I recorded the X Factor and the poster populates in BMT fine. In Plex, there is no poster. I navigated to where you can add a poster and I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for... I did take a screen shot of what I'm seeing though and have attached it. When hovering over the poster icon, the following html link is displayed: http://x.x.x.x.:32400/web/index.html# Is that the blank file you're referring to?

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (56.9 KB, 150 views)
Old 09-13-2013, 06:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
got it. if it is showing up in either 1 or 2 file, then it is from an OLD scan, which is why i didn't check those. you said it was a new file that just came up so sorry I didn't catch that.

I see the file now and it looks like the original air date that is coming back if 0 which probably means that there is an error in the python which is not converting the data correctly in this case. This is in turn causing a serialization exception...are you sure you are running the most recent code from the .zip file on google? if so then there is not much else i can say as to why it is failing.

I will work on the code to do some conditional processing and see if we are looking at a first run or not. if we are then use the recording date rather than the original airdate... although im still not sure that the most accurate thing to do.

I mean whats really the disadvantage of using the recorded date all of the time? i dunno ill think about it some more.
I will remove the plugin and start from scratch again today, download the new code and I'll let you know if this still occurs. Thanks.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:03 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Welcome back... looks like you've been back a few days... Apologies for jumping back in late. So, I went in and double checked a scenario this evening. I recorded the X Factor and the poster populates in BMT fine. In Plex, there is no poster. I navigated to where you can add a poster and I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for... I did take a screen shot of what I'm seeing though and have attached it. When hovering over the poster icon, the following html link is displayed: http://x.x.x.x.:32400/web/index.html# Is that the blank file you're referring to?

Thanks!
thats exactly what i expected to see. I have seen this from time to time. sometime i can trace it back to an empty pic being first in line on the sagetv server. phoenix handles it gracefully in the UI, but not so much on the plex side. I will see about adding some code in plex to check the size of the file it pulls and if its 0 or something close then skip to the next file. I am not sure how easy this will be to implement but ill look at it.

For now i would check that tv folder on sage for the fanart and see if there is a blank poster in there. if so kill it, deep scan in plex and it should go away. dont' forget to remove the media and empty the trash / clean bundles

plex is so smart its stupid sometimes. What i mean is if there is a piece of media that has been scanned before it will keep record of everything related to it. simply deep scanning sometimes won't take care of an issue like this, although it may :-)
Old 09-13-2013, 07:05 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I will remove the plugin and start from scratch again today, download the new code and I'll let you know if this still occurs. Thanks.
snds good.

Sorry for all of the redundant debugging, but with the way plex and python behave its sorta the only way to get to the bottom of what the issue actually is. If this doesn't work the next course of action is to have you send me that file. at least some of it. from there I can import it as a recording to my sage server and do my own debugging/testing in realtime with plex.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:09 AM
Sage User

Quote:
thats exactly what i expected to see. I have seen this from time to time. sometime i can trace it back to an empty pic being first in line on the sagetv server. phoenix handles it gracefully in the UI, but not so much on the plex side. I will see about adding some code in plex to check the size of the file it pulls and if its 0 or something close then skip to the next file. I am not sure how easy this will be to implement but ill look at it.

For now i would check that tv folder on sage for the fanart and see if there is a blank poster in there. if so kill it, deep scan in plex and it should go away. dont' forget to remove the media and empty the trash / clean bundles

plex is so smart its stupid sometimes. What i mean is if there is a piece of media that has been scanned before it will keep record of everything related to it. simply deep scanning sometimes won't take care of an issue like this, although it may :-)
In this case, the tv folder in sage has the correct poster. I"m assuming you mean that when I pull up BMT and browse my recorded tv files that I see a poster for that recorded show. In this case, it's X Factor and there's a poster there for it.

Thanks!

jb
Old 09-13-2013, 07:13 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
In this case, the tv folder in sage has the correct poster. I"m assuming you mean that when I pull up BMT and browse my recorded tv files that I see a poster for that recorded show. In this case, it's X Factor and there's a poster there for it.

Thanks!

jb
actually go into the DIR on your sage server where the phoenix/bmt fanart is stored. when you find the show you should see several files in the poster folder. I am guessing that one of them is a blank poster.

If not, then this means that when plex went to pull the poster it encountered and error of some sort (network hiccup, incorrect location for the file, etc.) and created its own dummy poster.

send along the bmtagent log and Ill look to see what it says. you can also look in the file and search for the show in question. you should see lines in there (logging lines by me) which give a URL used to pull the poster and other fanart. If you take that url and dump it in a browser, what comes back?
Old 09-13-2013, 08:06 AM
Sage Icon

I am adding code to check to see if the recording is a first run or not. if it is then use the AiringStartTime as the date to categorize in plex.... Im still not convinced that I shouldn't just be using the airing start time all the time rather than original air date...

what do you all think?
Old 09-13-2013, 08:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

I think it depends on what you want to see.

For example on all my SageTV clients I use the Gemstone Theme with the Widgets on the main menu, one of my widgets is 'Recent Recordings' and I've set it to only list first runs cause that is all I want to see but I could have it show all recent recordings. In Plex the view is called 'Recently Aired' but some people may interpret this to mean only new shows (first runs) or the same as 'Recent Recordings' not necessarily just new airings (first runs).
Old 09-13-2013, 08:25 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I think it depends on what you want to see.

For example on all my SageTV clients I use the Gemstone Theme with the Widgets on the main menu, one of my widgets is 'Recent Recordings' and I've set it to only list first runs cause that is all I want to see but I could have it show all recent recordings. In Plex the view is called 'Recently Aired' but some people may interpret this to mean only new shows (first runs) or the same as 'Recent Recordings' not necessarily just new airings (first runs).
the way plex defines it in their metadata object view is originally_available_at which they then define as when the episodes originally aired. So by default the recently aired view would ONLY contain files that are "first run"

I added the code to use the AiringStartTime when the first run flag is set. running a set right now.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:51 AM
Sage Icon

I have discovered something odd and I am not sure if it is Sage or BMT doing it

bascially I have a new recording: XFactor season3 e1 right

the original air date and original airing date are aug. 19th 2006 ?!?
but
the recording start time is Sept 11th 2013

The first run flag is false...so my new code pics up the 2006 date.. ODD why is the first run flag false? IDK
Old 09-13-2013, 09:29 AM
Sage Icon

soo i modified some things and changed the code to always use the reocrding start time.. that way I am sure there is a value there.

I tested it on my 2 recent xfactor recordings prior to this i had 1 with poster art one without... now i have both with fully populated metadata. going to throw some conditional processing, and then unleash on my entire directory to see what hapens.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:53 AM
Sage Icon

I also just fixed the setting of watched status on scanning of a new file. so thats nice :-)