SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 12-11-2014, 07:48 AM
SageTVaholic

So is the Plex Scanner going to see any more development?
Old 12-11-2014, 08:42 AM
Sage Icon

Not likely.

I have moved away from sage completely, and with new work responsiblities, and 2 little ones I find myself having little to no time to do stuff like this.

That being said though, I am happy to hand over the reigns to anyone that wants and will be able to communicate with you all / provide help / assistance on the code via email, gchat, or skype.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:34 AM
SageTVaholic

I wish I could take over development but sounds like we're both in the same boat. I barely have enough time outside work to maintain our SageTV system.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:41 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
I wish I could take over development but sounds like we're both in the same boat. I barely have enough time outside work to maintain our SageTV system.
Yeah that was another big thing for me. I got tired of "maintaining a TV system". I'm big on appliances right Noe that just plane work without much intervention from me... Like the TabloTV we have been using for about a year now. Just works!
Old 12-11-2014, 10:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
Yeah that was another big thing for me. I got tired of "maintaining a TV system". I'm big on appliances right Noe that just plane work without much intervention from me... Like the TabloTV we have been using for about a year now. Just works!
From what I've seen of TabloTV we watch enough cable programming to make it unworkable for our family. Part of me wants something that's less hands-on but I also don't want to lose the flexibility that SageTV provides.

Depending on how long our media extenders last I'm thinking a blended SageTV backend with a Plex frontend is going to be workable, we'll just lose commercial skipping. Just have to find an acceptable TV connected device. Tried the Raspberry Pi with Rasplex but discovered it cannot play raw BD video. Have it running on our Xbox 360 but it is limited to 720p.
Old 12-11-2014, 03:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
From what I've seen of TabloTV we watch enough cable programming to make it unworkable for our family. Part of me wants something that's less hands-on but I also don't want to lose the flexibility that SageTV provides.

Depending on how long our media extenders last I'm thinking a blended SageTV backend with a Plex frontend is going to be workable, we'll just lose commercial skipping. Just have to find an acceptable TV connected device. Tried the Raspberry Pi with Rasplex but discovered it cannot play raw BD video. Have it running on our Xbox 360 but it is limited to 720p.
yeah makes sense. WE have been solely OTA with over the top content now for 6 or 7 years. no looking back!

We still buy a few season passes like The Walking Dead, Gold Rush, etc. but all of them added up together = MAYBE 1 month of cable bills MAYBE...
Old 12-11-2014, 03:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

I am in the process of completely moving over to OpenElec kodi and WMC with ServerWMC. I have it loaded on a mini pc and a raspberry PI along with the Plex Plugin and the WMC PVR plugin and that covers all I need. Plus moving over to kodi gives me the option of choosing between 3 PVR plugins. (WMC,Mediaportal,NextPVR).
Old 12-11-2014, 09:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I am in the process of completely moving over to OpenElec kodi and WMC with ServerWMC. I have it loaded on a mini pc and a raspberry PI along with the Plex Plugin and the WMC PVR plugin and that covers all I need. Plus moving over to kodi gives me the option of choosing between 3 PVR plugins. (WMC,Mediaportal,NextPVR).
That solution only exaggerates my frustration of having to maintain things...

However sounds like a cool idea.
Old 12-12-2014, 04:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That solution only exaggerates my frustration of having to maintain things...

However sounds like a cool idea.
Yeah it is great to finally have the same Interface on my Raspberry PI Mini PC and nexus all for free. My household is one of those that cannot live without cable so this solution works great. Plus WMC handles the prime much better than SageTV.
Old 12-12-2014, 04:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yeah it is great to finally have the same Interface on my Raspberry PI Mini PC and nexus all for free. My household is one of those that cannot live without cable so this solution works great. Plus WMC handles the prime much better than SageTV.
Does the ServerWMC interface work with channels that are marked "copy once" or "copy never"?
Old 12-12-2014, 05:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Does the ServerWMC interface work with channels that are marked "copy once" or "copy never"?
Kodi will not be able to play anything with DRM. SERVERWMC will serve it but you cannot play them.
Old 12-12-2014, 05:21 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Not likely.

I have moved away from sage completely, and with new work responsiblities, and 2 little ones I find myself having little to no time to do stuff like this.

That being said though, I am happy to hand over the reigns to anyone that wants and will be able to communicate with you all / provide help / assistance on the code via email, gchat, or skype.
I know someone who may be interested in picking parts of this up in order to (attempt to) achieve some things for himself. Sad to hear its essentially dead on your end as you no longer have use for it. Of course, time and other projects may get in his way as well, as he too is stuck in the club of having more time commitments than he seems to have time for.

Last edited by Monedeath; 12-12-2014 at 05:59 PM.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Is there any way to keep Plex from removing everything when it fails to connect to SageTV? I did some maintenance over the weekend and had my SageTV service disabled for a bit. I forgot to also stop Plex from running. So when I went back into Plex all the shows I had synced to my iPad were no longer valid.

I don't know if it's a function of Plex or the SageTV Scanner but it seems kind of extreme and counter intuitive to remove references to shows just because the scanner failed to connect to SageTV.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:15 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Is there any way to keep Plex from removing everything when it fails to connect to SageTV? I did some maintenance over the weekend and had my SageTV service disabled for a bit. I forgot to also stop Plex from running. So when I went back into Plex all the shows I had synced to my iPad were no longer valid.

I don't know if it's a function of Plex or the SageTV Scanner but it seems kind of extreme and counter intuitive to remove references to shows just because the scanner failed to connect to SageTV.
That has nothing to do with the scanner or the agent, that is a feature of plex. If you have your library set to auto refresh and be monitored, when plex scans a folder it will mark things as unavailable if it can't find the files... in your case you turned off the sage server and a scan probably ran. no video found, so it marked them or simply removed them from the library.
Old 12-26-2014, 07:32 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector7g View Post
using combo plex series scanner + sagetv bmt agent gets some recordings to show.

using both sage scanner + agent results in no recordings to show.

any ideas ?
Having same problem.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
1) shutdown plex completely
2) unzip new download into correct location
3) restart plex
4) perform a DEEP scan
[/COLOR]
Hey guys, I'm trying to get this to work out but I have a feeling that these instructions aren't entirely complete. I did note that the new scanner and agent are available in Plex but perusing through this thread indicates that there is more information is needed, especially if BMT has a username and password. Can someone direct me to what other instructions are needed to be followed? When I attempted a scan, I didn't see any new files that don't already contain season and episodes in the filename so I suspect that nothing is currently working.

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 02-26-2015, 09:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
Hey guys, I'm trying to get this to work out but I have a feeling that these instructions aren't entirely complete. I did note that the new scanner and agent are available in Plex but perusing through this thread indicates that there is more information is needed, especially if BMT has a username and password. Can someone direct me to what other instructions are needed to be followed? When I attempted a scan, I didn't see any new files that don't already contain season and episodes in the filename so I suspect that nothing is currently working.

Any help would be appreciated!
It is a lot more than that .... follow the wiki

https://code.google.com/p/sagetv-for...allingAndUsing
Old 02-26-2015, 10:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Nyplayer is right there is more to it. I was just trying to give a quick and dirty way to get things running. The wiki has the info that Darci put together for us.,
Old 02-26-2015, 11:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Awesome, thank you!
Old 02-27-2015, 05:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok, hit a stumbling block, I assume that I want to open the file SageTV Scanner.py with Notepad and edit a line correct? When I go into it, it's a little intimidating with no easy data entry locations. Is this what I'm supposed to update?

SAGEX_HOST = 'http://x.x.x.xort'