SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 02-28-2015, 08:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

new plex version

Ever since upgrading to the new Plex version 0.9.11.7, the Plex Scanner / BMT agent hasn't picked up any new shows.

I deleted and re-added the scanner, and now it doesn't find any new shows in my recording directories.

Is anybody else having issues with this new version??

Thanks,
Dan
Old 02-28-2015, 08:52 PM
Sage User

I thought it was just me. Plex was working perfectly then just stopped displaying tv shows. I looked through the logs and found a critical error but I have no idea of what it means. Here is the portion of the error log that shows the point where the error occurs. I hope someone who is smarter than I am can figure it out.

2015-02-28 20:52:47,457 (1724) : DEBUG (runtime:717) - Handling request GET /video/sagex/phoenix/vfs/getview/children?path=TV+Shows%5E%5E2+Broke+Girls&viewName=phoenix.view.default.TV&title=TV+Shows
2015-02-28 20:52:47,460 (1724) : DEBUG (runtime:814) - Found route matching /video/sagex/phoenix/vfs/getview/children
2015-02-28 20:52:47,460 (1724) : INFO (logkit:16) - Processing View: phoenix.view.default.TV with path TV Shows^^2 Broke Girls
2015-02-28 20:52:47,460 (1724) : INFO (logkit:16) - GetPath: TV Shows^^2 Broke Girls
2015-02-28 20:52:47,460 (1724) : INFO (logkit:16) - Passed Null Object for title
2015-02-28 20:52:47,460 (1724) : INFO (logkit:16) - PATH PART: TV Shows
2015-02-28 20:52:47,460 (1724) : INFO (logkit:16) - Looking for TV Shows
2015-02-28 20:52:47,463 (1724) : CRITICAL (core:572) - Exception (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\dad\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\Framework.bundle\Contents\Resources\Versions\2\Python\Framework\components\runtime.py", line 843, in handle_request
result = f(**d)
File "C:\Users\dad\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\SageTVPhoenix.bundle\Contents\Code\__init__.py", line 199, in ProcessChildren
json = GetPath(Dict[viewName], path)
File "C:\Users\dad\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\SageTVPhoenix.bundle\Contents\Services\Shared Code\sagex.pys", line 200, in GetPath
for video in json['children']:
File "C:\Users\dad\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\Framework.bundle\Contents\Resources\Versions\2\Python\Framework\code\sandbox.py", line 108, in <lambda>
_getitem_ = lambda x, y: x.__getitem__(y),
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

Last edited by gclayto; 02-28-2015 at 09:15 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

I think I have it all set-up correctly but man is it taking a looooooooong time to import all my tv shows and download metadata. I mean it's been processing for about 20 hours now and I have maybe 10 shows that are showing poster art and episode descriptions. Is this normal?

Edit: Still processing...on day 2 now and again a few more shows have poster art but this is getting ridiculous!

Last edited by skyeclad; 03-02-2015 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gclayto View Post
I thought it was just me. Plex was working perfectly then just stopped displaying tv shows. I looked through the logs and found a critical error but I have no idea of what it means. Here is the portion of the error log that shows the point where the error occurs. I hope someone who is smarter than I am can figure it out.

2015-02-28 20:52:47,457 (1724) : DEBUG (runtime:717) - Handling request GET /video/sagex/phoenix/vfs/getview/children?path=TV+Shows%5E%5E2+Broke+Girls&viewName=phoenix.view.default.TV&title=TV+Shows
2015-02-28 20:52:47,460 (1724) : DEBUG (runtime:814) - Found route matching /video/sagex/phoenix/vfs/getview/children
2015-02-28 20:52:47,460 (1724) : INFO (logkit:16) - Processing View: phoenix.view.default.TV with path TV Shows^^2 Broke Girls
2015-02-28 20:52:47,460 (1724) : INFO (logkit:16) - GetPath: TV Shows^^2 Broke Girls
2015-02-28 20:52:47,460 (1724) : INFO (logkit:16) - Passed Null Object for title
2015-02-28 20:52:47,460 (1724) : INFO (logkit:16) - PATH PART: TV Shows
2015-02-28 20:52:47,460 (1724) : INFO (logkit:16) - Looking for TV Shows
2015-02-28 20:52:47,463 (1724) : CRITICAL (core:572) - Exception (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\dad\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\Framework.bundle\Contents\Resources\Versions\2\Python\Framework\components\runtime.py", line 843, in handle_request
result = f(**d)
File "C:\Users\dad\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\SageTVPhoenix.bundle\Contents\Code\__init__.py", line 199, in ProcessChildren
json = GetPath(Dict[viewName], path)
File "C:\Users\dad\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\SageTVPhoenix.bundle\Contents\Services\Shared Code\sagex.pys", line 200, in GetPath
for video in json['children']:
File "C:\Users\dad\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\Framework.bundle\Contents\Resources\Versions\2\Python\Framework\code\sandbox.py", line 108, in <lambda>
_getitem_ = lambda x, y: x.__getitem__(y),
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
Now that the Plex/BMT scanner isn't being maintained, I've disabled it and will just start using the Plex TV Scanner. In order to make that work, you have to enable the setting in Sage to store the season and episode information in the file name. This duplicates fan art across Sage and Plex, but that seems like the most logical way to go moving forward....
Old 03-04-2015, 09:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Weird, mine still works. What version of Plex are you on? I'm using the last public release. Have not upgraded to either of the newer Plex Pass versions.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:49 PM
SageTVaholic

there was a note at Plex to update certain versions in fear of a recent hack. it was posted yesterday. maybe they rushed out the release
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 03-05-2015, 07:54 AM
Sage Icon

I think this was posted int he wrong section and Sean may not have seen it. this is the Plex Scanner and BMT Agent for SageTV NOT the Phoneix Plugin that Sean built.

i noticed that the location of your error file is pointing to the bundle

"File "C:\Users\dad\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\SageTVPhoenix.bundle\Contents\Code\__init__.py", line 199, in ProcessChildren
json = GetPath(Dict[viewName], path)"

Thats not scanner / agent code sorry.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

Don't upgrade to Java 8

Just posting this to reiterate to others who may make the same mistake I did a while back.

Plex and the plug-in had not been behaving well for me for quite some time. I tried many versions of Plex, many reinstalls of the plug-in to no avail.

What I finally discovered buried either in this thread or some other was that the version of the Jetty webserver used for some Sage plug-in services is not compatible with Java 8. I don't even recall installing Java 8 but clearly I had. I'm now back to Java 1.7.0_75 and all is well again.

I'm not suggesting other recent problem postings are caused by Java 8 (32bit) but it definitely won't help.

I'm currently using Plex 9.11.7 with great success again.
This plug-in and the Phoenix SageTV plug-in are wonderful.
Sage 7.1.9, Java Java 1.7.0_75, Windows 8.1, Athlon X4 620, 4GB, Hauppauge 950Q, ATI 650HD video encoder with IR/Blaster, Radeon 5450, HDMI out, TV is primary monitor, Plex Plug-in serves up to mobile devices/PS3/WiiU just fine

Last edited by amac; 03-08-2015 at 08:04 AM.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by amac View Post
Just posting this to reiterate to others who may make the same mistake I did a while back.

Plex and the plug-in had not been behaving well for me for quite some time. I tried many versions of Plex, many reinstalls of the plug-in to no avail.

What I finally discovered buried either in this thread or some other was that the version of the Jetty webserver used for some Sage plug-in services is not compatible with Java 8. I don't even recall installing Java 8 but clearly I had. I'm now back to Java 1.7.0_75 and all is well again.

I'm not suggesting other recent problem postings are caused by Java 8 (32bit) but it definitely won't help.

I'm currently using Plex 9.11.7 with great success again.
This plug-in and the Phoenix SageTV plug-in are wonderful.
You may have hit the nail on the head here. Totally forgot I upgraded to Java 8 a few weeks ago.

Support for java v7 is ending next month though....not sure how long I could go with an unsupported/unpatched java on the main server in the house:
https://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_7.xml
Old 03-09-2015, 06:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdnttoker View Post
You may have hit the nail on the head here. Totally forgot I upgraded to Java 8 a few weeks ago.

Support for java v7 is ending next month though....not sure how long I could go with an unsupported/unpatched java on the main server in the house:
https://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_7.xml
If you don't use that computer to browse the internet it shouldn't matter much.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
If you don't use that computer to browse the internet it shouldn't matter much.
Exactly. I still have Java 6 on 3 of my servers.
Old 03-25-2015, 07:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Compressing files and the Plex trash icon

All is still running well but I do have a question.
I compress much of my video recorded from OTA. Those tagged with the 'Movie' genre and those with 'TV Show'.

My workflow is typically compress the file with Handbrake, stop Sage, delete the MPG file and place the MKV file in the same folder. Then I restart Sage.

For TV shows with more than one episode, the folder in Plex has a trash can icon overlaid. Doesn't seem there is anything I can do to correct it (e.g., refresh, force refresh) other than delete the library and rebuild it (which isn't practical).

Any ideas? Is it my workflow? Should I shut down Plex before shutting down Sage?
Sage 7.1.9, Java Java 1.7.0_75, Windows 8.1, Athlon X4 620, 4GB, Hauppauge 950Q, ATI 650HD video encoder with IR/Blaster, Radeon 5450, HDMI out, TV is primary monitor, Plex Plug-in serves up to mobile devices/PS3/WiiU just fine
Old 03-25-2015, 08:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by amac View Post
All is still running well but I do have a question.
I compress much of my video recorded from OTA. Those tagged with the 'Movie' genre and those with 'TV Show'.

My workflow is typically compress the file with Handbrake, stop Sage, delete the MPG file and place the MKV file in the same folder. Then I restart Sage.

For TV shows with more than one episode, the folder in Plex has a trash can icon overlaid. Doesn't seem there is anything I can do to correct it (e.g., refresh, force refresh) other than delete the library and rebuild it (which isn't practical).

Any ideas? Is it my workflow? Should I shut down Plex before shutting down Sage?
Unrelated, but you shouldn't have to shut down sage to move and replace files. If they are named the same (extension withstanding) then sage will recognize it as the same show, and reattach it to that info in its database the next time it rescans. The plex scanner, however, appears to not like the files changing, as once it has scanned and imported an item from the sage database, it appears to not look at it again. So it at some point scans it with the .mpg file attached, and then when you change it to an mkv, plex can not longer find it. Not sure what can be done with your workflow to get around this.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 03-28-2015, 09:34 PM
SageTVaholic

even though I believe I've followed the wiki directions for Pix closely, I'm having difficulty getting Plex Manager to find artwork for TV shows recorded with Sage. I create a folder with the "TV" icon, populate it with Sage recording dirs, select the Sage dropdowns and hit update library, but alas, no artwork is found.
Has something happened with Pix/BMT since it was released?
Miffed

PS...is there a reason why it would take several hours to grab artwork? Other folders I created where I used the Plex scanner grabbed art pretty quickly. Does the Sage scanner take a loooooonnngggg time?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson

Last edited by tvmaster2; 03-28-2015 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
even though I believe I've followed the wiki directions for Pix closely, I'm having difficulty getting Plex Manager to find artwork for TV shows recorded with Sage. I create a folder with the "TV" icon, populate it with Sage recording dirs, select the Sage dropdowns and hit update library, but alas, no artwork is found.
Has something happened with Pix/BMT since it was released?
Miffed

PS...is there a reason why it would take several hours to grab artwork? Other folders I created where I used the Plex scanner grabbed art pretty quickly. Does the Sage scanner take a loooooonnngggg time?
I've used the SageTV agent, but I don't use the BMT agent. ie, the SageTV agent will enable you to expose your SageTV library to Plex, and the BMT agent will provide metadata and fanart. If you use the SageTV agent WITHOUT the BMT agent, then plex will do all the lookups.

All that being said, yes this takes a long time, especially if you have lots of file. It's just the nature of the integration between the two.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I've used the SageTV agent, but I don't use the BMT agent. ie, the SageTV agent will enable you to expose your SageTV library to Plex, and the BMT agent will provide metadata and fanart. If you use the SageTV agent WITHOUT the BMT agent, then plex will do all the lookups.

All that being said, yes this takes a long time, especially if you have lots of file. It's just the nature of the integration between the two.
brilliant, I'll try this. thanks.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
brilliant, I'll try this. thanks.
Sorry for my lack of responses. I don't check things on this forum very frequently anymore.

Agent does not have to be used as mentioned by other users above.

If you are experiencing long scan times it is more than likely due to the process that plex uses to create thumbnails on all recordings. You can turn this setting off in the web ui under advanced server settings, but i wouldn't recommend it. Thumbnails for FFW and RWD are a must for me :-)
Old 04-07-2015, 02:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Smile sagetv-for-plexmediacenter v8.0.0 beta available for testing!

Hi everyone!

I am happy to announce the general availability of sagetv-for-plexmediacenter v8 beta!

https://github.com/ai7/sagetv-for-plexmediacenter/

You can find the download in the release section.

This is a continuation of PiX64's project from Google code exported to Github. I cleaned up a lot of the code, fixed some issues that I was having such as fanart download, etc. The code has gotten the love it has been missing in the last few years.

It should also run a little faster than the previous version, as I was able to optimize away the need to call getMediaFilesForShow() API, and eliminated the need to do any work in Agent.search(). The number of calls we make to sagex is reduced.

It is now configured via a sageplex_cfg.json file, and the scanner produces its own log files as well for easy troubleshooting. Checkout the github site for additional details and install instruction.

Note: I've tested this on Windows. I'll test Mac/Linux as soon as I get around to it. In the mean time, if you are on Mac/Linux and are familiar with this plugin, feel free to give it a spin and let me know how it works and what adjustments are necessary.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildgoose View Post
Hi everyone!

I am happy to announce the general availability of sagetv-for-plexmediacenter v8 beta!

This is a continuation of PiX64's project from Google code exported to Github. I cleaned up a lot of the code, fixed some issues that I was having such as fanart download, etc. The code has gotten the love it has been missing in the last few years.

It should also run a little faster than the previous version, as I was able to optimize away the need to call getMediaFilesForShow() API, and eliminated the need to do any work in Agent.search(). The number of calls we make to sagex is reduced.

It is now configured via a sageplex_cfg.json file, and the scanner produces its own log files as well for easy troubleshooting. Checkout the github site for additional details and install instruction.

Note: I've tested this on Windows. I'll test Mac/Linux as soon as I get around to it. In the mean time, if you are on Mac/Linux and are familiar with this plugin, feel free to give it a spin and let me know how it works and what adjustments are necessary.
Very Cool!

Glad to see that it is somewhat still useful and someone has taken it up to make it better!
Old 04-07-2015, 04:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildgoose View Post
Hi everyone!

Has plex added any ability to read and write watched tags so they could be synced between sage and plex?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room