SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 06-11-2015, 07:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildgoose View Post
While helping out some users, I realized things would be a lot easier if there's an installer. So I wrote an install script for Windows/MacOS/Linux. It copies files to the right location and copies and configures sageplex_cfg.json for you automatically.

And yes, there's also an uninstall option should you want to remove it. The uninstall should also handle removal of earlier versions, including the older version from google code.

Should make updating to newer versions an easier process.
wow - that's fun. I'm a little out of date - a while back Plex released an update that trashed the Sage Scanner. Any idea if they fixed that?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 06-11-2015, 07:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
wow - that's fun. I'm a little out of date - a while back Plex released an update that trashed the Sage Scanner. Any idea if they fixed that?
Yes that has been fixed. It was a bug in their web-UI.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yes that has been fixed. It was a bug in their web-UI.

great, so I can update to their latest version of Manager? Do I have to reinstall my libraries, or the Sage Scanner app?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 06-11-2015, 10:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
great, so I can update to their latest version of Manager? Do I have to reinstall my libraries, or the Sage Scanner app?
Update of the Plex Media Server should retain all your settings, including libraries and scanners setup. You shouldn't need to reconfigure anything afterwards.

It you haven't upgraded for a while, it might be wise to simply look through all the server configuration settings in the UI and write the important ones down, in case it's lost during the upgrade process.. This is unlikely but it's always wise to refresh your mind on what settings you customized before an upgrade.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Update of the Plex Media Server should retain all your settings, including libraries and scanners setup. You shouldn't need to reconfigure anything afterwards.

It you haven't upgraded for a while, it might be wise to simply look through all the server configuration settings in the UI and write the important ones down, in case it's lost during the upgrade process.. This is unlikely but it's always wise to refresh your mind on what settings you customized before an upgrade.
great. And 8.2 is listed as a beta zip file, correct?
Old 06-12-2015, 02:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
great. And 8.2 is listed as a beta zip file, correct?
Yes 8.2 is the current release and packaged as a zip file. The installer is inside the install folder. Checkout the install.txt for more info.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I use java 7. I think most people run their sage server on a headless, or at least rarely interacted with, computer, so java security updates are not an incredibly high priority item.
Oh, ok. Thanks, that makes more sense and I've had other issues with SageTV since I upgraded to Java 8 so I don't blame you if you can get away without updating. I use my computer with SageTV on it for gaming and all kinds of things other than SageTV so I guess I'm out of luck using this plugin for now. Maybe once the source code is released someone will get SageTV and Java 8 to get along better. I sure hope so!
Old 06-12-2015, 08:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead View Post
Oh, ok. Thanks, that makes more sense and I've had other issues with SageTV since I upgraded to Java 8 so I don't blame you if you can get away without updating. I use my computer with SageTV on it for gaming and all kinds of things other than SageTV so I guess I'm out of luck using this plugin for now. Maybe once the source code is released someone will get SageTV and Java 8 to get along better. I sure hope so!
It is not Sagetv ... Sagetv runs fine in Java 8. It is the Jetty Webserver plugin that needs to be updated.... and there might be other plugins.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:07 AM
Sage Expert

well, my plex is not in %userdata%. it is on T:/

i have a WHS2011 and the system partion is small, so i have switch the plex databases ton t:/Plex Medi Server.

your install is here not working and the cfg file is need to edit in any places more von me.
Server - Lenovo K320 with WindowsHomeServer2011, 10 Terabyte HD's on stablebit drivepool, (1 x DuoFlex CT Octopus PCIe DVB-C 4 Tuner all with LM-DVB-SmartRecorder, dbox2, run SageTV as Service, DeskNow Mail and Collaboration server, 2 Terabyte NAS (Ximeta) as seconf backup, 1Gb/s MSI ePower HD Network, 3xHD100, 1xHD200, 1xHD300, Panasonic LCD 55" TV, Sharp LCD TV, JVC LCD TV, Touchscreen LCD, PlaceShifter
cu at http://www.dbuschek.de
Old 06-13-2015, 10:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIBU View Post
well, my plex is not in %userdata%. it is on T:/

i have a WHS2011 and the system partion is small, so i have switch the plex databases ton t:/Plex Medi Server.

your install is here not working and the cfg file is need to edit in any places more von me.
Ah interesting. I too often move data out of c: to other partitions. Now some programs don't offer the ability to relocate their data, so what I end up doing is to simply create a junction from c:\users\blabla\.... to the new location. This way the data is relocated and completely transparent to the app and anything that uses it.

Having said that, I think your T: sounds like a network drive, I don't think junctions can point to network drives. I'll provide an option to the installer so you can explicitly set the PMS data location.
Old 06-14-2015, 03:47 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Ah interesting. I too often move data out of c: to other partitions. Now some programs don't offer the ability to relocate their data, so what I end up doing is to simply create a junction from c:\users\blabla\.... to the new location. This way the data is relocated and completely transparent to the app and anything that uses it.

Having said that, I think your T: sounds like a network drive, I don't think junctions can point to network drives. I'll provide an option to the installer so you can explicitly set the PMS data location.
No T:\ is a local hardisk drive.
Server - Lenovo K320 with WindowsHomeServer2011, 10 Terabyte HD's on stablebit drivepool, (1 x DuoFlex CT Octopus PCIe DVB-C 4 Tuner all with LM-DVB-SmartRecorder, dbox2, run SageTV as Service, DeskNow Mail and Collaboration server, 2 Terabyte NAS (Ximeta) as seconf backup, 1Gb/s MSI ePower HD Network, 3xHD100, 1xHD200, 1xHD300, Panasonic LCD 55" TV, Sharp LCD TV, JVC LCD TV, Touchscreen LCD, PlaceShifter
cu at http://www.dbuschek.de
Old 06-16-2015, 11:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIBU View Post
No T:\ is a local hardisk drive.
Ok I fixed the issue. The installer will now read the registry setting where PLEX stores customized data location and use it in addition to the regular search to locate the PLEX data folder.

You can also pass in a --sagedir and --plexdir parameter to explicitly set the location if it fails to find it for some reason.

Also tested on XP as well, so if you have an older version of PLEX running on XP, the installer should do the right thing and set things up properly for you.

Download at the usual location.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
Protecting against "bad" metadata is a HUGE undertaking, I don't low if you realize the difficulty in implementing that statement you said :-). Best I can do without testing every single piece of metadata is build conditions for crap tha pops up, as it pops up. Crap in crap out. If I get crap from Sagex, it most likely was fed crap from tvdb or other metadata provider. Building an engine or set of regex to correct every situation is damn near impossible. That being said I can do individual fixes, and hope that it doesn't break something for someone else :-/
perhaps something like (lines 162-166 of SageTV Scanner.py)

Code:
      else:
            try:
                showYear = int(showYear)
            except ValueError:
                pass
seemed to help skip over the same metadata issue (instead of just erroring)... and yes i know it's a bit of a hack

/jer

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 w/ SageTV Server Linux V9.1.8.774 - Ubuntu 16.04LTS AMD64
-- 1x HDHomeRun Prime
-- 1x HDHR-DT
-- 1x HD-PVR
2x SageTV HD-300 Media Extenders
1x NVIDIA ShieldTV
Old 07-08-2015, 10:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoop View Post
perhaps something like (lines 162-166 of SageTV Scanner.py)

Code:
      else:
            try:
                showYear = int(showYear)
            except ValueError:
                pass
seemed to help skip over the same metadata issue (instead of just erroring)... and yes i know it's a bit of a hack

/jer
Are you referring to the old code:
https://code.google.com/p/sagetv-for...V%20Scanner.py

or the new one:
https://github.com/ai7/sagetv-for-pl...V%20Scanner.py

The new one is completely rewritten. If you are experiencing some issues, please elaborate. I have no context to the issue PiX64 was referring to in your post..
Old 07-09-2015, 01:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Are you referring to the old code:
https://code.google.com/p/sagetv-for...V%20Scanner.py

or the new one:
https://github.com/ai7/sagetv-for-pl...V%20Scanner.py

The new one is completely rewritten. If you are experiencing some issues, please elaborate. I have no context to the issue PiX64 was referring to in your post..
We need to see if we can get Pix64 to change the OP, to point to the updated plugin.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-10-2015, 03:29 AM
SageTVaholic

So I finally got around to updating the plugin (was still using Pix64's latest version). Started from scratch to test the waters completely, used the installer, and it detected my non-standard locations perfectly (Plex is in P:\PlexData\Plex Media Server). It configured the sageplex_cfg.json file fine, but scans would not work. It looks like the installer is not setting the SAGEPLEX_CFG environment variable, which is preventing the scanner from working (just errors out). Took me a while to track this down, and once I set the environment variable to point to the json file in the Plex Media Server folder, things appear to be scanning properly.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-10-2015, 01:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ah, good catch. I commented in the bug. Will fix this.

Edit: this is now fixed.

Last edited by wildgoose; 08-11-2015 at 11:13 PM.
Old 08-15-2015, 04:40 AM
Sage Expert

not working...

When I run:
Code:
http://192.168.1.99:8080/sagex/api?c=plex:GetMediaFileForName&1=E:\TVRecordings\AliensvsPredatorRequiem-30385282-0
I get the error:
Code:
javax.script.ScriptException: TypeError: sagex.api.MediaFileAPI@ef9878 has no such function "GetMediaFiles" in <eval> at line number 41...
When I've tested sagex in the past, I've used GetMediaFileForFilePath:
Code:
http://192.168.1.99:8080/sagex/api?c=GetMediaFileForFilePath&1=E:\TVRecordings\AliensvsPredatorRequiem-30385282-0.ts
Here, I get a full set of info.

I saw a few pages back that I'm not alone in this, but the resolution seems a bit severe? Do I have to find a very old version of java and back-rev? And, what impact will this have on my other Java needs (and security)?
SageTV appears to be working fine with this Java.

Windows 8.1 (just getting around to upgrading (?) from XP...)
Java 8 update 51?

(I'm hoping that I'm missing something! )

Thanks!

PS. I like the installer! Much easier than the manual install.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB
Old 08-31-2015, 04:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidk21770 View Post
I saw a few pages back that I'm not alone in this, but the resolution seems a bit severe? Do I have to find a very old version of java and back-rev? And, what impact will this have on my other Java needs (and security)?

Java 8 update 51?
Likely java8 incompatibility with some of the plugins. Any chance you could use java7? That's what I use at home on my Win7 box.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidk21770 View Post

Java 8 update 51?

(I'm hoping that I'm missing something! )
As wildgoose said, this is probably due to running Java 8 instead of Java 7. I needed to downgrade to Java 7 when I rebuilt my server.

It sucks, and it's obvious not great from a security perspective, but 1) if its just running on a server, then the risk is probably minimal, and 2) if you were running XP until recently then you couldn't be too risk adverse.

If your server doubles as a workstation, then I'd just be sure to disable java in browsers. I think I read somewhere that it's possible to use Java 7 with Sage, and Java 8 with everything else, but I don't know how to set that up. I didn't bother, since my Sage server is only used as a Sage and Plex server.

I was really hoping someone would update the server plugin by now, but I guess it isn't anyone's priority, given that it works fine under Java 7. Presumably it will get fixed at some point, but it will probably be a while.