SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:35 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
where the season episode info provided by Sage doesn't match what is on theTVDB. For that I'd rather just have what info Sage has.
What's exactly what the BMT agent does
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2
Old 02-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
This was just fixed last night, have you upgraded to build 1782?
I know. I just did.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:25 PM
Sage Expert

Slugger - I have never used video conversions before, but I've started to use it to convert my recordings to h.264 so that they can play on my apple tv 2.

When I convert a sage recording by choosing the "delete original file" option, I noticed SageSync does not update the playlists to point to the newly converted file.

Is there a way to enhance it so that they playlist is updated to use the new file (e.g. instead of the .mpg, it is updated to use the .mkv conversion file)?
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 02-10-2012, 07:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LehighBri View Post
Slugger - I have never used video conversions before, but I've started to use it to convert my recordings to h.264 so that they can play on my apple tv 2.

When I convert a sage recording by choosing the "delete original file" option, I noticed SageSync does not update the playlists to point to the newly converted file.

Is there a way to enhance it so that they playlist is updated to use the new file (e.g. instead of the .mpg, it is updated to use the .mkv conversion file)?
Let me add my vote for this as well. Because I have clients that can't play .ts files, I convert those to .mp4, and delete the original file. Thanks.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LehighBri View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WellThen View Post
Let me add my vote for this as well. Because I have clients that can't play .ts files, I convert those to .mp4, and delete the original file. Thanks.
For now, you can click the "Recreate" button on the plugin settings screen within the STV and it'll recreate all playlists.

Looking at the available SageTV events, there is no event signifying that a recording has been converted. So there's no way for me to automatically detect this scenario. The best I could ever do is an automatic recreate once an hour or something. Problem with this is if you're playing back one of those playlists then I doubt your media streamer is going to appreciate the playlist being deleted and recreated - a good app would probably even lock the playlist to prevent deletion while in use. But that's about all I can do because with no event to attach to, my options are limited.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 02-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
For now, you can click the "Recreate" button on the plugin settings screen within the STV and it'll recreate all playlists.

Looking at the available SageTV events, there is no event signifying that a recording has been converted. So there's no way for me to automatically detect this scenario. The best I could ever do is an automatic recreate once an hour or something. Problem with this is if you're playing back one of those playlists then I doubt your media streamer is going to appreciate the playlist being deleted and recreated - a good app would probably even lock the playlist to prevent deletion while in use. But that's about all I can do because with no event to attach to, my options are limited.
Makes sense. Thanks!
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 02-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

Yep, I had thought of the recreate button. I'm enjoying those converted recordings now, I just need to get them created on a regular basis.

Thanks for looking into how this could be done - sorry to hear the convert gives you nothing to grab onto. How about the option of specifying a list of times that a recreate could be automatically done - times when a user knows they would not typically be using their streamer? Say I wanted to have it done at 1am, and at 3pm. That would be plenty for me. Even one time per day would really do it, and I could manually re-create if I needed it more often than that.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:43 PM
SageTVaholic

New build...

Various feature enhancements in this build:

Code:
* Automatically recreate playlists when plugin settings are modified
* Automatically recreate playlists when event type 'SageSync_Recreate' is fired
* Automatically validate playlists when event type 'SageSync_Validate' is fired
* Automatically recreate playlists when a transcode job has completed (note: this is a polling method so may not be 100% accurate, but it's the best I can do)
EDIT: Build problems preventing the upload to the repository and I don't feel like fixing them tonight. This build will be available sometime on Wednesday.

Last edited by Slugger; 02-14-2012 at 10:47 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:35 AM
SageTVaholic

The above mentioned build is now in the repository.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:35 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
I still plan on writing up the meta data information you need. Hopefully I will have time by the end of the week to get it done.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:07 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
I am not sure if .strm files can do that, but considering they are only text files I am not sure why they wouldn't. I'll test that.
.strm files are 'intended' for single files/locations, albeit some bastardizations were allowed in various software packages.

Quote:
This only means I (nor anyone else) has tried Plex. It may or may not work.
As of right now, Plex can only interpret/import the following file extensions:

Code:
video_exts = ['3gp', 'asf', 'asx', 'avc', 'avi', 'avs', 'bin', 'bivx', 'bup', 'divx', 'dv', 'dvr-ms', 'evo', 'fli', 'flv', 'ifo', 'img', 
              'iso', 'm2t', 'm2ts', 'm2v', 'm4v', 'mkv', 'mov', 'mp4', 'mpeg', 'mpg', 'mts', 'nrg', 'nsv', 'nuv', 'ogm', 'ogv', 
              'pva', 'qt', 'rm', 'rmvb', 'sdp', 'svq3', 'strm', 'ts', 'ty', 'vdr', 'viv', 'vob', 'vp3', 'wmv', 'wpl', 'wtv', 'xsp', 'xvid']
Now, since the .asx playlist format is supported via Plex AND it supports multiple files/segments, if we could get that as an additional format, then we may get Plex supported (without further modification to Plex...).

-Jason
Old 02-17-2012, 06:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Various feature enhancements in this build:

Code:
* Automatically recreate playlists when plugin settings are modified
* Automatically recreate playlists when event type 'SageSync_Recreate' is fired
* Automatically validate playlists when event type 'SageSync_Validate' is fired
* Automatically recreate playlists when a transcode job has completed (note: this is a polling method so may not be 100% accurate, but it's the best I can do)
EDIT: Build problems preventing the upload to the repository and I don't feel like fixing them tonight. This build will be available sometime on Wednesday.
Been crushed with work this week, just seeing this. Thanks for adding these enhancements!
Old 03-12-2012, 03:41 PM
Sage Icon

@slugger
I got sidetracked on many other projects. But I now have time to write up the meta-data conversion info for you. I see you posted that your plugins are now EOL. If I write up this info would you implement it?
Old 03-12-2012, 03:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
@slugger
I got sidetracked on many other projects. But I now have time to write up the meta-data conversion info for you. I see you posted that your plugins are now EOL. If I write up this info would you implement it?
Honestly, it's unlikely at this point. I've moved onto other (non-Sage) projects. However, there's definitely a 0% chance I'll ever do it without the info so it's up to you.

I'm more likely to do it when I actually need to implement this sol'n into my setup (i.e. when my extenders die).

With the write up, I might find myself looking for something to do on a rainy day, without it, I'll never touch it.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:06 PM
Sage Icon

Well, I'll write it up then. If you do it great. If not, then at least I'll have it for other uses, if needed.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:15 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Honestly, it's unlikely at this point. I've moved onto other (non-Sage) projects. However, there's definitely a 0% chance I'll ever do it without the info so it's up to you.

I'm more likely to do it when I actually need to implement this sol'n into my setup (i.e. when my extenders die).

With the write up, I might find myself looking for something to do on a rainy day, without it, I'll never touch it.
Anyway to post the source/build scripts? I looked through your repo and did not see sagesync. The repo has a jar which creates symlinks (which works well), but i want to edit so it makes smb:// links instead of hard links.

The playlist function works great for TV with Kodi 14.0, but i cant get any movie scraper to scrape .m3u
Old 01-03-2015, 06:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Latest git repo: https://sourceforge.net/p/sagetv-addons/sagesync/

There's an ant build script in the root of the repo to build.

I seem to have converted some of the Java API calls to Java 7 last year -- honestly I don't remember doing it or why I did as I really don't use this tool much. So the code is in an unknown state (should compile, etc. but I haven't run it for anything meaningful in a long time).
Old 12-07-2015, 10:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Sorry, I know this is more or less a dead thread/plugin, but I was curious if anyone built a version of this plugin that generates .strm files. My coding skills are pretty much non existent, so I thought I would reach out. My main goal is to have sagesync create files that are indexed by Emby to ultimately be played in Kodi. Is there a better tool/way to go about this?