SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV HD Theater - Media Player
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV HD Theater - Media Player Discussion related to using the SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player, i.e.: in use while not connected to a SageTV server. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to using a SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player should be posted here. Use the SageTV Media Extender forum for issues related to using it while connected to a SageTV server.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Youtube from within HD300 or via SageTV server..

Ok.. So this has been going on for months now and I'm finally going to ask.. Is the youtube browsing DOA at this point whether it be via the HD300 or when using SageTV's miniclient? Whenever I occasionally want to checkout what's on YouTube, I'll see what the HD300 or Sage can see and they'll pull up the list of available videos -- however, when I try to play one Sage complains about something (don't recall what the error is off the top of my head) -- something (IIRC) about video format not supported or something like that.. Am I the only one seeing this on either my latest firmware Hd300's or Sage proper?

I'll see if I can get the exact complaint this evening..
Old 06-07-2012, 08:01 AM
SageTVaholic

For standalone, you have to install the latest beta firmware (to go the firmware update screen, and type in BETA on the remote). For Extender mode, you have to update the STV (Detailed Setup -> Advanced -> Check for Updates). You may have to update multiple times to get the latest one. Youtube has a habit of changing things breaking integration like this, but Andy (Opus4) has been good about getting a fix out for it each time.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 06-09-2012, 09:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm running the latest beta firmware (2011-05-06 iirc) and when I select the "most viewed" category and then picking one of the videos that comes up results in an error -- "unable to determine video file to download"... I get that both with sage proper and the hd300's with beta firmware.. Does anyone else not see these errors?
Old 06-09-2012, 11:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Usually, if you are getting that error, it is because the video has been removed from youtube, but still being returned by their search api.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 06-09-2012, 09:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hmm.. I'll try some additional selections but I'm pretty sure all of them give the same error.. regardless of whether i'm using the HD300 in stand-alone mode or via the mini client.. I'll report back once I can try it out some more.. Kids are playing XBOX so it might be a while..
Old 06-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Sage Expert

Hmm. . I'm having this exact same problem. . .but only now just noticed it b/c I almost never hit up youtube through sage.

The error I get is : "Unable to determine file to download".

Now interestingly enough. . . b/c I work in this space, I happen to know that YouTube takes advantage of a technique that was actually patented by a friend of mine. . .essentially they only download like 2% of the file at a time until they are sure you are going to stick around to watch.

Now I don't know how long YouTube has been doing that, but I'd guess what's happening is that essentially the way that tech happens has changed a bit, which requires massaging in the Sage code. . .

Unfortunately though. . . I absolutely do not want to update anything in Sage b/c my system is totally stable and I don't like updating unless its absolutely necessary (and I know the risk is low of causing other problems).

So. .. I'm not sure what to do. . .maybe run YouTube in through my PlayOn sub instead?
AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12 Core+HT, 64GB DDR5, GeForce 1060, MSI Prestige x570 Creation Mobo, SIIG 4 port Serial PCIe Card, Win10, 1TB M.2 SSD OS HDD, 1 URay HDMI Network Encoder, 3 HD-PVR, 4 DirecTV STB serial tuned

Old 06-24-2012, 05:47 PM
Sage Expert

Update. . .

Sure enough. . YouTube raw in SageTV is broken for me, but through PlayOn is working.
However I can't seem to search in PlayOn (does someone know if I can do that or how)?
I was avoiding adding user name for YouTube but maybe I'll have too. . .
AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12 Core+HT, 64GB DDR5, GeForce 1060, MSI Prestige x570 Creation Mobo, SIIG 4 port Serial PCIe Card, Win10, 1TB M.2 SSD OS HDD, 1 URay HDMI Network Encoder, 3 HD-PVR, 4 DirecTV STB serial tuned