SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:52 PM
Sage Expert

More updates coming in. Just committed more updates... these commits add the ability to search for airings and also search for recordings. Give it a shot and let me know what you think.
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 09-22-2012, 10:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Excellent stuff. Just bought a Pivos XD and loaded XBMC Linux on it. Sweet little machine. Might end up being our HDx00 replacement if need be.

Love your SageTV/XBMC Video Add-on.

Any idea how to:
1) Sort titles by descending recording date? (Show most recent recording at the top)
2) Show the Add-on in the "Files" sub-Menu of "Videos"? I am running the standard "Confluence" skin where I already have Films, Documentaries, Shows, etc under Videos/Files.... That way I'd end up with the same setup I have on my HDx00s running SageMC. Would love to duplicate the feel of our existing clients.

Thanks for your efforts on this!
Eric
Old 09-23-2012, 08:40 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
The sorting options can be found by pressing left when on the screen you want to sort. Put it on by Date and choose the sort order of your liking.

Addons can not be shown in the files section of videos. You can however make it a favorite and have it show up in the favorite list. If using confluence, you can set it up to show at the bottom of the screen on the main menu when any video node is highlited in the menu.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for that.
I was familiar with the left arrow to bring up the sort menu.... however in my case it works in all other media, but not SageTV add-on.

I can bring up the sort menu, but when I highlight and press on "Title" in the sort options to switch it to something else, nothing happens. As if there were no other fields to sort on?
I can sort ascending or descending, so the sorting options work, but cannot select anything else than Title.

Haven't played with favorites yet. Could indeed be the answer.
Thanks the hard work you guys have put in this Add-On.
Eric
Old 09-23-2012, 10:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Actually scratch that...
Testing again:
Sorting on Ascending or Descending appears to work at first (the sorting menu changes) but the actual file list isn't re-ordered, so the sorting doesn't work.

Eric
Old 09-23-2012, 10:56 AM
Sage Icon

Which "screen" are you trying to sort?
Old 09-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

The "1. Watch Recordings" screen.

Eric
Old 09-23-2012, 12:11 PM
Sage Icon

I thought that might be the case. That screen only shows the series sorted by title, either ascending or descending.

I am not sure how do-able sorting the series by the episodes' recording dates will be. You can sort the next level down "all shows" screen by date.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Oh well;
Without page up and page down ability on the Pivos remote, grouping by date then title (stacking?) would have been best in my opinion, but still very happy to have an option to play SageTv recording within XBMC.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Sage Icon

You can post it as a feature request on the Github page if you like. I will not promise it will happen, but if it is on Github, at least it'll not get forgotten right away.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Entered in the github.
Clearly you'll have other more important things to work on, but holler if you need clarification/testing.

Eric
Old 09-24-2012, 07:33 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3a View Post
Entered in the github.
Clearly you'll have other more important things to work on, but holler if you need clarification/testing.

Eric
Eric - just added this enhancement in the latest commit to the github. Can you try it and let me know if this accomplishes what you described? It seems to be working for me (and note that I forces the "[All Shows]" option to have the greatest value such that it sorts to the top when descending and bottom when ascending).

https://github.com/kricker/plugin.vi...commits/master
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 09-24-2012, 07:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

I don't understand what I did wrong. I shutdown sagetv and put the xbmc.js file in the sagex\services folder and restarted sagetv. I downloaded xbmc and installed it onto a PC. I downloaded the sagetv plugin from github and went to the system settings menu of xbmc and then chose install from zip and navigated and picked the .zip file. I then went to video-addon section and configured the IP address and port number and login information that I use on a daily basis for logging into bmt and the web server and also set the recording directories by drive letter and by UNC path and then saved that info. And then when I go to the video addon section and pick SageTV -- in the bottom right corner of the screen it popups -- Error Script Failed!

Any ideas?
CLIENTS: 2 x HD200s, 2 x HD300
Old 09-24-2012, 07:41 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsupergeek View Post
I don't understand what I did wrong. I shutdown sagetv and put the xbmc.js file in the sagex\services folder and restarted sagetv. I downloaded xbmc and installed it onto a PC. I downloaded the sagetv plugin from github and went to the system settings menu of xbmc and then chose install from zip and navigated and picked the .zip file. I then went to video-addon section and configured the IP address and port number and login information that I use on a daily basis for logging into bmt and the web server and also set the recording directories by drive letter and by UNC path and then saved that info. And then when I go to the video addon section and pick SageTV -- in the bottom right corner of the screen it popups -- Error Script Failed!

Any ideas?
Can you use something like pastebin to share your log file so we can debug? The xbmc.log file can be found in the following folder:

C:\Users\<USERNAMER>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC
Old 09-25-2012, 07:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsupergeek View Post

Any ideas?
In sagetv, do you have sagex-services plugin installed? The xbmc.js services file will only work if sagex-services is installed as well.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:06 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
In sagetv, do you have sagex-services plugin installed? The xbmc.js services file will only work if sagex-services is installed as well.
The XBMC addon has logic that upon launch, it first checks if the sagex-api-services plugin is installed and will then let the user know if they don't have it installed and how to install it. Weird that he didn't even get that message which is why I'd like to see his log file.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

I will get the log file. As for sagetv yes I have web server 2.30.21 and sagex installed 7.1.9.1 well as last version of sagetv 7.1.9.256. I also tried the YouTube plugin and got a script failed on that too. Then I thought maybe it was a firewall thing so I tried it on a Mac laptop with mountain lion and still no good and yet plex works just fine on all 3 machines.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:00 PM
Sage Icon

Once we have the log, we can begin to decipher your issue. Make sure you turn on debugging.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well, it was simple enough -- I found the log file and opened it and the error was in line 2 and 11, it didn't know what to do with "common = CommonFunctions" in the 'default.py' so I removed that line and I removed CommonFunctions from import line at the top and at least the browse recordings and playability works. Of course taking out that line has now broken the search function as common is referenced in that portion of the code later on. What I also find odd is that even though it is set as sort as Title/ascending that it is not a true alphabetical sort.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:54 PM
Sage Icon

The Youtube addon should have installed the common functions. I am working on getting those dependencies sorted out.