SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 09-25-2012, 06:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Eric - just added this enhancement in the latest commit to the github. Can you try it and let me know if this accomplishes what you described? It seems to be working for me (and note that I forces the "[All Shows]" option to have the greatest value such that it sorts to the top when descending and bottom when ascending).

https://github.com/kricker/plugin.vi...commits/master
09-23-2012 09:47 PM
Wow! That was fast! Thanks.

I'm traveling this week but will check as soon as I get back and revert.
Eric
Old 09-25-2012, 08:12 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by macsupergeek View Post
Well, it was simple enough -- I found the log file and opened it and the error was in line 2 and 11, it didn't know what to do with "common = CommonFunctions" in the 'default.py' so I removed that line and I removed CommonFunctions from import line at the top and at least the browse recordings and playability works. Of course taking out that line has now broken the search function as common is referenced in that portion of the code later on. What I also find odd is that even though it is set as sort as Title/ascending that it is not a true alphabetical sort.
Hopefully this is now fixed and the plugin will get the needed CommonFunctions when it installed the first time. I just added it in the last Github commit, although honestly I didn't test it yet.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

CommonFunctions now work as it says its now intializing in the log file, so I can search for an airing and then play it no problem. But my script failure with Browse Recordings has changed with the new code. My XBMC log file is attached. Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: txt xbmc.txt (16.1 KB, 275 views)
CLIENTS: 2 x HD200s, 2 x HD300
Old 09-27-2012, 08:33 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
CommonFunctions now work as it says its now intializing in the log file, so I can search for an airing and then play it no problem. But my script failure with Browse Recordings has changed with the new code. My XBMC log file is attached. Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.
Can you open the URL below in a browser and let me know what the output is? I suspect that you didn't update the latest version of the xbmc.js file into your sagetv directory. That file was updated recently and you need to copy that down separate from your XBMC dir.

http://user:1234@172.16.0.21:8129/sa...0&encoder=json
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 09-27-2012, 09:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

loading the new xbmc.js solved the issue. Thanks for that. Now the only issue is getting the .ts file that SageDCT produces from my Ceton cards to play in anything but my extenders. If I remux them to .mpg's they play just fine in Plex and XBMC, but the straight .ts's won't play, I can't transcode them with SageTV, I can't even play them in VLC.
CLIENTS: 2 x HD200s, 2 x HD300
Old 09-27-2012, 09:56 PM
Sage Icon

XBMC should play the .ts file. Can you make a sample .ts file and post it for me to try?
Old 09-28-2012, 11:21 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
loading the new xbmc.js solved the issue. Thanks for that. Now the only issue is getting the .ts file that SageDCT produces from my Ceton cards to play in anything but my extenders. If I remux them to .mpg's they play just fine in Plex and XBMC, but the straight .ts's won't play, I can't transcode them with SageTV, I can't even play them in VLC.
Worst case, you can try to setup SageDCT to output .mpg instead of .ts (use the PBDA option). That's how I have it setup and playback worst perfectly in XBMC.
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 09-28-2012, 05:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Eric - just added this enhancement in the latest commit to the github. Can you try it and let me know if this accomplishes what you described? It seems to be working for me (and note that I forces the "[All Shows]" option to have the greatest value such that it sorts to the top when descending and bottom when ascending).

09-23-2012 09:47 PM
Just got back and first thing I did arriving home was to try this!

Works great. Thank you very much
Eric
Old 10-02-2012, 07:36 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3a View Post
Just got back and first thing I did arriving home was to try this!

Works great. Thank you very much
Eric
Great to hear. For others that are using this, how are things going? Generally valuable? Any issues? Any additional features we should potentially target (knowing there are various constraints within XBMC so don't even both asking for PVR or EPG support )

PS... we are working on getting live TV support working and it's a bit of hit or miss for now. Seems like we are bumping up against some bugs in XBMC's native playback mechanisms which we're trying to get the XBMC to look into, but know that this is definitely a priority (a workaround for now would be to use the "Watch Now" feature on an upcoming airing that is live now, and then navigate to the Watch Recordings area to watch it).

Last edited by LehighBri; 10-02-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

I think it's only the Pivos Xios DS Linux platform, and its player, but I don't get edl file (Comskip) recognition. That would be nice.

Maybe also better read Sage"s fanart?
Thanks
Eric
Old 10-03-2012, 04:38 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I think it's only the Pivos Xios DS Linux platform, and its player, but I don't get edl file (Comskip) recognition. That would be nice.

Maybe also better read Sage"s fanart?
Thanks
Eric
Re: edl, that is core XBMC functionality which we can't control. Can you post in the xbmc forums and see if someone there can help you?

Re: fanart, can you describe a bit more? We pull in fanart now, not sure what additional enhancements you are referring to.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

I know that you are not trying to integrate the guide into the plugin, but would it to be possible to use the existing webserver plugin to provide that functionality within you plugin, basically just call the webserver plugin and use its guide. Just asking
Serv:ECS H61H2-T1 ITX I7 3770S CPU@3.1GHZ 8G Ram WIN1064 HDPVR, HD Homerun|network encoder Unraid Server:B75MU3B I5-3550 CPU@3.30GHz 9TB 16G Ram|Network HDPVR encoder:Win10 VM 8G Ram with Processor passthrough. Directv Http tuning to Genie, exemultitunplugin to Genie client. Http scheduled task bat file to defeat screensaver on Genie. Usb uirt scheduled task bat file to defeat screensaver on Genie client. Clients Android TV, Samsung TAB A
Old 10-03-2012, 06:43 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveD View Post
I know that you are not trying to integrate the guide into the plugin, but would it to be possible to use the existing webserver plugin to provide that functionality within you plugin, basically just call the webserver plugin and use its guide. Just asking
I don't understand what you're asking. Are you asking to use XBMC's web server to build a web site with an EPG (if so, simply use Sage's... no need to reinvent the wheel). If you're asking to somehow take Sage's webserver UI and embed into XBMC, no clue how to do that. The main intent of this addon is to use the power of XBMC's playback engine and clean UI and fuel it with content from SageTV. That's it. In the future, as XBMC's PVR API evolves, we'll look to leverage that... but that's probably a long way off.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Re: fanart, can you describe a bit more? We pull in fanart now, not sure what additional enhancements you are referring to.
Well in my case SageTv add-on displays the SageTV (BMT really) generated posters but not the banners and backgrounds from my SageTV server

In MediInfo view (using standard Confluence skin) posters don't display properly.
No view shows backgrounds or banners.

I figured edl was core to XBMC player but thought I'd ask just in case!
Thanks
Eric
Old 10-03-2012, 07:11 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Well in my case SageTv add-on displays the SageTV (BMT really) generated posters but not the banners and backgrounds from my SageTV server

In MediInfo view (using standard Confluence skin) posters don't display properly.
Yeah, me too. Same answer though... we're limited by what XBMC can do for us... and for now, their ListItem's only have properties to set an icon image and a thumbnail image... that's it.

http://xbmc.sourceforge.net/python-d....html#ListItem
Old 10-05-2012, 06:18 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:

I figured edl was core to XBMC player but thought I'd ask just in case!
Thanks
Eric
Hi there - quick update. In using the hulu addon the other day, I noticed they pull in background fanart. So I looked at their plugin and there's a slightly different call they do to get that to work vs. what I'm using for the thumbnails and icons.

Thus I just committed an update to the github that now supports background fanart (both at the show level and episode level). Feel free to download it and try it out! Note that it is constrained by what the sagex apis provide which only provides one background image back (instead of rotating through several like what sometimes happens in the native SageTV UI)

Old 10-05-2012, 07:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LehighBri View Post
Hi there - quick update. In using the hulu addon the other day, I noticed they pull in background fanart. So I looked at their plugin and there's a slightly different call they do to get that to work vs. what I'm using for the thumbnails and icons.

Thus I just committed an update to the github that now supports background fanart (both at the show level and episode level). Feel free to download it and try it out! Note that it is constrained by what the sagex apis provide which only provides one background image back (instead of rotating through several like what sometimes happens in the native SageTV UI)

You can access complete lists of fanart over sagex/phoenix apis as well. If you are interested, then email me, and I'll provide the information.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

Hmm.
Not working my end.
Downloaded the latest. Copied xbmc.js in the proper directory. But no background images showing up in the add-on in any views.

Looks like something didn't update properly.
I have "auto-update" checked in the add-on options, but the change log shows 25 Sept the last change.
There is no option to manually update the add-on. (greyed out).

Thanks your work.
Eric
Old 10-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Sage Icon

You have to grab the files from github if you want the bleeding edge latest. Updates in the XBMC repo are considered "releases."
Old 10-05-2012, 12:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks.
I did a quick edit of my post as I had uninstalled the add-on and reinstalled it from the latest zip file and all is working.
Seems I forgot to commit the edit!

Eric