SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

I look forward to trying this plugin. I have no prior experience with XBMC. My intent is to purchase a Raspberry Pi and install either Rasbmc or Openelec XBMC. One of my HD300s has failed so I am looking for a device to facilitate playback of my SageTV recordings.

Dan
Old 10-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

May I suggest the Pivos Xios DS?
Pivos are officially supporting XBMC. It can run XBMC under Android, or -my preferred solution- under Linux.

Might be more expensive than a Raspberry Pi, but has more oomph, manufacturer supported XBMC, and just is a neat little machine. It has become my HDx00 replacement for when they (inevitably) fail.

Eric
Old 10-06-2012, 06:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thank Eric. I'll have to check that out. One of my concerns with the Raspberry Pi is that the XBMC ports are so new that there are lots of bugs, so this may be an issue for the rest of the family. One of the negatives I saw on the Pivos was the audio...is it true that it down mixes everything to 2 channel stereo? That being said, I have a feeling that it will be much more reliable.

I plan on purchasing a Raspberry Pi for another project called the heatermeter, its a charcoal grill controller, so I may give it a try since I will have one on hand.

Dan
Old 10-06-2012, 10:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

The Raspberry looks like a great hobby tool... Showing my age but it reminds me of the first home "computers" that you had to assemble yourself!
I might get one, just to play and see what can be done with it. There are some really cool ideas out there for it.

The Pivos is more of a potential HDx00s replacement in my opinion. Running XBMC clients around the house for cheap, presenting my wife a simple and common interface she can understand... All from a manufacturer supported install. And over the next years as hardware gets better I should be able to upgrade and continue to show the same interface.

As for the sound output, I just don't know. I've found that if I introduce amplifiers in the Tv setups, my wife gets too confused so I don't bother.
I've just got one home theater amp in the main room, and then I don't run the back speakers because I haven't wired them yet (!!). So down mixing isn't an issue for me at all.
It's one aspect of my main room I really need to work on at some point, but I've been procrastinating about crawling around the house fishing cables in the walls.

The "Audio Output" menu in the Pivos Linux XBMC has 2 configurable options:
- Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver
- DTS capable receiver
Each one can be toggled on/off via a radio button.

I have no idea if they are legacy settings from general XBMC or if they actually work.
Sorry!

Eric
Old 10-14-2012, 01:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

I installed the video addon and copied the xbmc.js to my /sagex/services directory, but it doesn't work?

I immediately get Script failed! error in xbmc...
Old 10-22-2012, 02:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Kricker,

I am setting up your plugin tonight and have a quick question for you, as I assume from your user name that you also use Unraid for your media storage. Are you using SMB or NFS shares? I am new to Linux and have only used SMB to date. I saw this:

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/inde..._NFS_mounts.3F

Did you set the NFS export as read only or read/write? What NFS setup is required on the XBMC side?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am running Unraid 4.7.

Thanks,

Dan
Old 10-22-2012, 02:35 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
You caught me. I'm the same person

I am just using SMB with unRAid. I have had no reason to switch to NFS as of yet.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Kricker,

Thanks for the info. I get a script failed!: plugin.video.sagetv

Any ideas? I copied the xbmc.js to the appropriate folder and I did the configuration page and have double checked the settings. When I first ran the plugin it gave me an error that my sagex was not at the right version...which I updated. Is there a way to get a log?

Dan

P.S. I go to video add-ons then sagetv and I get the menu for Watch Recordings, View upcoming, etc. and this is where I get the error when I click on these.

Last edited by seaverd; 10-22-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:22 PM
Sage Icon

After your upgrade of sagex, did you copy over the xbmc.js file. Did you install the sagex service and sagex api? XBMC has a log file that you can upload to pastebin and give us a link to view it.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yes, I copied xbmc.js to the appropriate folder and both sagex service and sagex api are listed in my SageTV installed plugins. I just did a search on xbmc logs, so it looks like I will install the xbmc log uploader add-on and grab a log. I restarted my sagetv server and now I don't get the error, however in the lower right corner I get the working symbol with the spinning circle graphic. I let it sit all night and it was still working in the morning (I didn't know if on the first running of the add-on if it took a while to process).

Thanks,

Dan
Old 10-23-2012, 08:19 AM
Sage Icon

If you successfully connect to the Sage server it should not take more than a few seconds to process.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:24 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaverd View Post
Yes, I copied xbmc.js to the appropriate folder and both sagex service and sagex api are listed in my SageTV installed plugins. I just did a search on xbmc logs, so it looks like I will install the xbmc log uploader add-on and grab a log. I restarted my sagetv server and now I don't get the error, however in the lower right corner I get the working symbol with the spinning circle graphic. I let it sit all night and it was still working in the morning (I didn't know if on the first running of the add-on if it took a while to process).

Thanks,

Dan
Can you use pastebin or attach your xbmc.log file? On windows, it's found here: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC . That will really help.
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 10-24-2012, 09:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Here is my current status:

I am running this plugin on a Raspberry Pi. I just got the device and am trying to get up to speed on it. There are 3 variants of XBMC for the Raspberry Pi. When I made my post above I was trying OpenElec. On a whim I decided to try Raspbmc on another SD Card. On Raspbmc the plugin appears to work as it pulls my TV shows and groups them just like your screenshots at the beginning of this thread. Now my issue is that when I hit enter on the individual files they do not play...obviously I think this is an issue with my Raspberry Pi and setup vs this plugin...so I have some research to do...on debugging and capturing logs.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:48 AM
SageTVaholic

What's the third variant of XBMC for the RPi beyond OpenElec and Rabpmc?

Speaking of the RPi, there is some good news on their web site today. I don't understand everything but it appears that Broadcom has OpenSourced some of the lower level video drivers that should facilitate the development of other OSes, such as Android, on the RPi. That should help with stuff like Netflix playback.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:13 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
What's the third variant of XBMC for the RPi beyond OpenElec and Rabpmc?
Probably XBian (http://xbian.org/)
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 10-24-2012, 10:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Correct ....XBian
Old 10-24-2012, 10:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks - has anyone done a matrix showing the pros and cons of these three, or are things moving too quickly to be able to do this?

And assuming that the Android variant is released for the RPi soon then are there variants of XBMC available for Android?
Old 10-24-2012, 10:22 AM
Sage Icon

You may want to move that type of discussion to another thread or even to the XBMC forums.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:24 AM
SageTVaholic

True, but it would be interesting to get the perspective of Sage users since we have specific types of requirements.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Wayner - lets use this thread to continue the Raspberry Pi discussion:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59267

So back to the original issue. Here is a link to my log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=11322

The file I tried to play was an episode of Last Resort. One thing I have noticed is that if I browse XBMC with the file manager and select a file it plays...however I can not get it to play from this add-on. Please note that both Raspbmc and Openelec are doing the same thing....I am able to see the list of shows but they do not play.

Dan