SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-10-2013, 08:10 PM
Sage User

Thank you

Thank you so much for this fix, I was racking my brain trying to figure out the problem.

I do have a question for you, is it possible to change the bitrate? I just learned that the PVR only records up to 14mbs, while many HD shows broadcast at a higher rate.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

I applied the 64bit registry fix following the directions in the readme, but I don't get any audio at all. Anyone know what might be wrong?
Old 12-29-2013, 03:25 PM
Sage Icon

What audio do you have connected? How is it set up in the Hauppauge software?
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 12-29-2013, 03:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Component + the RCA audio connections. I can watch/hear sound just fine using their Hauppauge's Capture program, but don't get any sound w/Sage.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary201 View Post
Component + the RCA audio connections. I can watch/hear sound just fine using their Hauppauge's Capture program, but don't get any sound w/Sage.
Close SageTV reinstall the registry fix again and reboot the system see that helps.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Negative.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:08 PM

Ok now I recall, I guest I had brain fart
Here the deal gary201 with newer HD-PVR 2 unlike the first HD-PVR 2 Model 1480.
This how it all works with newer Model 1500 series that come with optical audio input where you only see in SageTV when add in a New Source Device (Hauppauge Siena Video Capture).
Component + SPDIF
Composite (with Analog Audio)
HDMI (HDMI Audio)
S-Video (Analog Audio)

What missing is you do not get the option for
Component (Analog Audio)
HDMI + SPDIF

This problem is a SageTV not a Hauppauge driver problem.

P.S. there hope if your set-top box doesn't have an optical output you can always get an Audio Converter Box to get around the above problem.
1st Option: You need the input to be L/R RCA Audio or Coax SPDIF and the output to be Digital Optical Toslink
2nd Option: With right HDMI Splitter it can fix the HDCP problem
Old 12-30-2013, 12:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
This problem is a SageTV not a Hauppauge driver problem.

P.S. there hope if your set-top box doesn't have an optical output you can always get an Audio Converter Box to get around the above problem.
1st Option: You need the input to be L/R RCA Audio or Coax SPDIF and the output to be Digital Optical Toslink
2nd Option: With right HDMI Splitter it can fix the HDCP problem
I've also tried an optical audio cable, and the problem still exists. According to this thread (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...hlight=hd-pvr2) it's a Hauppauge driver issue with how they mess up the first part of the audio stream by switching codecs. Some applications that are made to play anything (even if the stream is mangled such as VLC can play the audio stream, but that doesn't mean the stream isn't somewhat mangled). In that thread, one of the posters even got feedback from Hauppauge that they know of the problem.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
I've also tried an optical audio cable, and the problem still exists. According to this thread (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...hlight=hd-pvr2) it's a Hauppauge driver issue with how they mess up the first part of the audio stream by switching codecs. Some applications that are made to play anything (even if the stream is mangled such as VLC can play the audio stream, but that doesn't mean the stream isn't somewhat mangled). In that thread, one of the posters even got feedback from Hauppauge that they know of the problem.
You said you where get NO Audio at all in SageTV have check the recoding with VLC?.

Run Registry Editor find
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Frey Technologies\Common\AdditionalCaptureSetups\ make sure there a "Hauppauge Siena Video Capture" is listed there if not you will not get any audio.
P.S. see screenshot

What OS do you have install
Do your system motherboard have an optical audio?

You just need to add more delay to time recording start time
delay_to_wait_after_tuning=4000
change it
delay_to_wait_after_tuning=8000
or more if need
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reg.jpg (114.6 KB, 297 views)
Old 12-30-2013, 02:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm running Win7x64. The registry entries are there, the encoding delay is set to 8000, and audio/video work w/the Hauppauge Capture app. Additionally the audio from a recording from Sage does play in VLC.

You did mention something interesting though. You included "or more if needed" regarding the 8 second recording delay. What would indicate that I need more time than that? Just for kicks, I may just double that to see what effect that has.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
I'm running Win7x64. The registry entries are there, the encoding delay is set to 8000, and audio/video work w/the Hauppauge Capture app. Additionally the audio from a recording from Sage does play in VLC.

You did mention something interesting though. You included "or more if needed" regarding the 8 second recording delay. What would indicate that I need more time than that? Just for kicks, I may just double that to see what effect that has.
If VLC is playing the audio from the recoding your not get it the problem with SageTV and the decoder the link you where look at is about the SageTV Media Extender Boxes aka HD200/HD300

Last edited by SHS; 12-30-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
If VLC is playing the audio from the recoding your not get it the problem with SageTV. the link you look at is about the SageTV Media Extender Boxes aka HD200/HD300
No, if you look around post 42 in that thread (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...4&postcount=42) they're not talking about the extenders, they're identifying a problem with the way the PVR2 units output the audio. Also, look a the last paragraph of that post where apparently the Hauppauge engineers know of the problem.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
No, if you look around post 42 in that thread (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...4&postcount=42) they're not talking about the extenders, they're identifying a problem with the way the PVR2 units output the audio. Also, look a the last paragraph of that post where apparently the Hauppauge engineers know of the problem.
I know it can happing some time
Any way did that help if not I have a way for you to get Component (Analog Audio)

First you need uninstall the HD-PVR 2 driver from the device manager PS make sure you check the box to delete the driver software rescan for new hardware just case you have backup drivers repeat step by uninstall them in tell it a unknow device.

Replace Both INF with the one in this forum attach zip here and be sure to use driver from here
http://www.shspvr.com/ftp/download/w..._1.5.31308.zip
Attached Files
File Type: zip HDPVR-2-INF Mod.zip (11.3 KB, 177 views)

Last edited by SHS; 12-30-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Evidently now I'm pretty much in the same boat as everyone else. Streams now play on the extenders, just not from within Sage's software due to the codex issue described in another thread.

I did much what you suggested SHS, removing installed drivers, then re-installed the drivers that came with it (1.5.31308.0). Since I have 3 extenders and rarely if every watch recorded shows on a pc, this will work for me for the time being.

Hopefully Hauppauge will clean up their codex issue. If not, perhaps someone will find a way to script a codex fix upon recording completions.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Evidently now I'm pretty much in the same boat as everyone else. Streams now play on the extenders, just not from within Sage's software due to the codex issue described in another thread.

I did much what you suggested SHS, removing installed drivers, then re-installed the drivers that came with it (1.5.31308.0). Since I have 3 extenders and rarely if every watch recorded shows on a pc, this will work for me for the time being.

Hopefully Hauppauge will clean up their codex issue. If not, perhaps someone will find a way to script a codex fix upon recording completions.
I do not have any SageTV extenders and I don't have any PC codex issue on any of my 3 SageTV PC Client in fact those some show can also be display on android and ipad tablet with no problem what so ever.

Once again if you can play those video in Windows Media Player or VLC then problem is with SageTV and it codec.

So are saying the mod INF I done help the SageTV extenders?.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

I did not use the .inf files you attached, though I may yet give that a try to see if it makes any difference w/the 1504 unit I have.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:51 AM
Sage User

SHS, does the fix that you posted apply to the HD-PVR 2 NON-gaming version as well (i.e. model 1512)?

Also, are there any issues the fix does not address relative to getting Sage to work correctly? Is model 1512 fully functional with Sage, or is one better off with 1212?
Old 01-31-2014, 05:59 PM

The apply to the HD-PVR 2 Gaming Plus version as well model 1504
Old 02-16-2014, 03:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

So I have been trying to get this to work properly. I have a 1504 model on a fresh Win7 64bit. I installed the driver version linked above by SHS along with the inf mods with a reboot. I also installed the 64bit registry changes with a reboot. The Hauppauge Capture program is able to properly see/detect the video over HDMI, but when I attempt to do the same within SageTV, I get an error about the audio stream not being found and it won't let me use HDMI as a result.

Anyone have any suggestions?
HTPC: Intel i5-4670, 8GB DDR3, EVGA GTX1060 Superclocked ACX 2.0, Intel 510 120GB SSD, LG GGW-H20L BD-ROM, 3x Sony VGP-XL1B3 200 disc Media Changers, Win7 Premium 64bit, Haupauge HD-DVR 2 Gaming Edition Plus
Old 02-16-2014, 09:45 AM

The mod is not for HDMI Fallen Kell