SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Gemstone for v7
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v7 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:22 PM
SageTVaholic

MyTV plugin not working..

Thank you for all your hard work guys. Gemstone is like nothing I've ever seen!

So far, all my plugins seem to work perfectly. However, the MyTV plugin isn't working. I think the same thing happened when Diamond was released as well; and, shortly afterwards, there was a fix for it.

With my SageTV Client that has a mouse, I can at least access the Recent Recordings and Upcoming Recordings items easily with the mouse. However, I can't do that on my SageTV Extenders and a TV Remote Control... that's where the MyTV plugin came in very handy.

Currently, I think I have the MyTV for Diamond installed. Not sure if there's some kind of temporary fix to get it working or not.

Thanks so much!
MKANET

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-07-2012, 07:29 PM
Sage Icon

You should be able to get to the live widgets with the remote just like the MyTV plugin. We have moved away from the MyTV plugin (Diamond Version) as we include the same functions in the live widget panels now with more show details.

With a remote or mouse you should be able to move to the widgets and then select the show and get all the normal options. I just verified that the live widgets are working on my HD300 using the remote to access. Usually its a left from the main menu to move to the live widgets then up/down to highlight and enter/select to play etc..

Attached Images
File Type: jpg LiveWidget.jpg (155.2 KB, 331 views)

Last edited by jorton; 09-07-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Wow that's quick! Yeah, I was hoping I could do something like that.

BTW, Did you know that when you use the mouse to access the widgets, it looks like the below image? Images are overlapping...

EDIT: It can be reproduced by hovering over 1/2 level Main Menus, then rolling the mouse to the widget area...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
You should be able to get to the live widgets with the remote just like the MyTV plugin. We have moved away from the MyTV plugin (Diamond Version) as we include the same functions in the live widget panels now with more show details.

With a remote or mouse you should be able to move to the widgets and then select the show and get all the normal options. I just verified that the live widgets are working on my HD300 using the remote to access. Usually its a left from the main menu to move to the live widgets then up/down to highlight and enter/select to play etc..

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 09-07-2012 at 07:36 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:37 PM
Sage Icon

That's the mouse tripping two items to show at the same time, not a bug. I only use the mouse on my dev box and see it from time to time, but it's not something you would see on a client with remote or extender with remote.

Last edited by jorton; 09-07-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:02 PM
SageTVaholic

EDIT: ISSUE RESOLVED!!!

I was messing around, and finally tweaked ADM/Menu Manager to add MyTV. It's now working exactly like it used to! And... actually prevents me from seeing that overlapping effect; since as soon as I hover over MyTV, the widgets disappear.

Awesome!

From ADM Copy Mode:

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 09-07-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:24 PM
Sage Icon

The fix is to stop using a mouse! Kidding...

I think you are just not seeing it as the Menu Manager (ADM) is on and you have to add it to the TV menu again. I think I can recall you having this issue after installing ADM last time.

MyTV (Diamond) still works for me with ADM on after I add a custom menu item that links to the MyTV plugin in the Menu Manager.

J

Attached Images
File Type: jpg MyTV_Gemstone.jpg (115.2 KB, 340 views)
File Type: jpg MyTV_MenuManager.jpg (109.3 KB, 317 views)

Last edited by jorton; 09-07-2012 at 08:26 PM.