SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Gemstone for v7
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v7 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:51 PM
Sage Expert

Recorded TV Dates & Sorting

So I created a flow to replace Recorded TV. Works great, except, all of the original air dates show as 12/31/69. Every one of them.

Plus, I tried to sort on date recorded and no matter what I do it doesn't change the sort.

If I look at the database via BMT, the original air dates are correct.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:55 PM
Sage Icon

That would probably be a metadata issue.

Have you looked the media in BMT to see what you have there?

Have a look and post back.

J
Old 09-29-2012, 04:01 AM
Sage Icon

I have the same issue - every show is set to "12/31/69".

BMT shows the correct recording date, as does the stock TV recordings view.

Thanks
Matt
Old 09-29-2012, 05:24 AM
SageTVaholic

We just need a little more info to determine where to look for this issue.

Where are you seeing this date? What date is shown if you show the sage info for the media item?

When you say you tried changing the sort...where and how did you do that?

Thanks
k
Old 09-29-2012, 09:28 AM
Sage Expert

It's only when using the Gemstone info. The data is correct in the metadata, verified using BMT and switching to Sage info.

I see the date in the info pane of the individual recordings.

It seems that the sort data is being pulled from that field. When I change the info to Sage it resorts correctly.

I am setting the sorts in the Flow Manager, first Level 1 = grouped by Show, then Sort by Date Added, Descending. Level 2 = Grouped by not set and Sort by Date, Descending.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:28 PM
Sage Icon

I am seeing this as well on recent recording that has good metadata, in the actual Gemstone info panel when the individual shows are highlighted in the list, I'll log an issue.

J

Last edited by jorton; 09-29-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by samgreco View Post
It's only when using the Gemstone info. The data is correct in the metadata, verified using BMT and switching to Sage info.

I see the date in the info pane of the individual recordings.
This sounds very strangly similar to my issue of metadata in widgets being differenet than the correct metadata.
Clients: 2xHD300, 2xHD200, 2xPS, Client
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 09-30-2012, 08:07 AM
Sage Icon

Strangely similar but not the same I don't think. I can duplicate this one but no one else has reported your specific widget problem.

If anyone is having an episode/show title issue with their upcoming/recent recording widgets please post in the issue thread voorhees linked to above.

I have a feeling you may have an issue with BMT and MyMovies fighting for Fanart/Metadata supremacy! (Joking)
Old 09-30-2012, 09:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
I have a feeling you may have an issue with BMT and MyMovies fighting for Fanart/Metadata supremacy! (Joking)
I would agree, but the only issue is that MyMovies does absolutely nothing with TV data, it is only used to create metadata for ripped DVDs manually and nothing else. My metadata issue with the widgets is incorrect metadata with recorded TV (which I just use the SageTV metadata), which MyMovies has nothing to do with. Also, I do not have BMT installed (unless it comes as part of the Phoenix dependency with Gemstone). All I do know is that the new version of Gemstone starts immediately upon install of creating files on my server for metadata that were not there previously. Like I said the issues may not be the same, but it is interesting that they have similar symptoms for displaying incorrect metadata.
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 09-30-2012, 09:32 AM
Sage Icon

@ Voorhees - You did see the "joking" at the end of that line right?

I've posted on the issue log to see if we can sort out what we are seeing.

J
Old 09-30-2012, 09:43 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
@ Voorhees - You did see the "joking" at the end of that line right?

I've posted on the issue log to see if we can sort out what we are seeing.

J
Yes, I did. And, I had hoped my message would not come off the way it did, but I must have not conveyed it right. Sorry. I just wanted to point out that MyMovies and Gemstone/Phoenix/BMT should not be fighting in this instance since it is modifying TV metadata and not movie metadata.

Sorry for the thread hijack, but the modification of the TV metadata seemed to much of a coincidence.

Last edited by voorhees; 09-30-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Strangely similar but not the same I don't think. I can duplicate this one but no one else has reported your specific widget problem.

If anyone is having an episode/show title issue with their upcoming/recent recording widgets please post in the issue thread voorhees linked to above.

A formatted date of 12/31/69 would indicate a 0 or -1 value for the field in question. I would look to see if Gemstone is somehow getting a long value and then doing some manipulation on it (ie, some math, or strong to long conversion, etc). Also, maybe check and see which field Gemstone is reading for that value. ie, is it coming from a Metadata field or an Api call?

As for BMT, it doesn't update/overwrite TV metadata fetched from the EPG unless you've unchecked the flag to tell it do so. The default setting is NOT overwrite, so you'd have to go out of your way to enable this. I suspect most people have left it disabled.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:18 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks stuckless, I think we just have a code/logic issue there (info panel) as the metadata seems to be fine in other places so jusjoken will have to take a look at it when he's able.

J
Old 10-22-2012, 04:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am also seeing this problem, I have BMT and Gemstone installed with all updates. Last nights episode of The Walking Dead is displaying "2012-10-21 00:00" as the Original Air Date in BMT but is displaying "Wednesday, December 31, 1969" in the SageTV Recording Details, "2012-10-21 00:00" is the correct original air date.

Last weeks episode of The Walking Dead is displaying "2012-10-14 00:00" as the Original Air Date in BMT but is displaying "Monday, October 15, 2012" in the SageTV Recording Details, "2012-10-14 00:00" is the correct original air date.

I have many other episodes of The Walking Dead where some of them have the correct original air date in SageTV Recording Details and BMT and some of them are different just like the 2 examples above. I should also mention this doesn't only occur with The Walking Dead but other TV show files as well.

I wish I could offer more than just my experience with the problem but I hope this helps diagnose the main cause of the problem.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

A little more info, I just noticed in the Detailed Recording Information when the program is viewed in the SageTV Web Server it shows "Aired: 31-Dec-1969 7:00 PM - 7:42 PM" but also shows "Original Air Date: Sunday, October 21, 2012". How does one change the Aired date to be the same as the Original Air date?
Old 10-24-2012, 08:25 AM
Sage Icon

Just curious, but are you using the default EPG or Sluggers Schedules Direct plugin?
Old 10-24-2012, 08:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

I am using the default EPG, also this is an imported TV Show set to SageTV Recording in BMT.

I found a way to change the "Aired: 31-Dec-1969 7:00 PM - 7:42 PM" to match the "Original Air Date: Sunday, October 21, 2012".

Using the SageTV Web Server, I click on the show in quesiton and scroll down to where it says "Edit Show Info" in here you can change the "Aired: 31-Dec-1969 7:00 PM - 7:42 PM" value. Then click update and it's done. But I still don't know why when I imported the video SageTV set the "Aired:" value to "31-Dec-1969 7:00 PM - 7:42 PM".
Old 10-24-2012, 08:49 AM
Sage Icon

I just checked my recordings of The Walking Dead for episode 1 - Seed and episode 2 - Sick and the dates are all correct in the STV and in BMT for the original air date, recording date etc... they all match.

Not sure why yours would be out of sync other than bad guide info??? Just guessing at this point.

J

EDIT: ahhh, you are importing videos and then changing them to "Recordings". I have never done that as the Flows show the imported TV and recorded TV all merged together unless you filter one or the other out etc... This may be why you are seeing the odd dates.

How are your video (not recorded) episodes named? Maybe there is no match and the date of "31-Dec-1969" is the fall back as stuckless posted above?

Last edited by jorton; 10-24-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

First to answer your question I name the imported videos for TV shows as follows: Show Name.S01E01.avi

Based on what I have read in this thread and other threads in the forum, it looks like the "Aired:" value is assigned for imported videos when the file is first found by the SageTV scan and when it cannot assign the correct date/time to a file it defaults the "Aired:" to "31-Dec-1969 7:00 PM - 7:42 PM" where the time is the duration of the video but not sure why it starts at 7:00 PM, maybe that was the hour of the day when the scan occured.

When I change the "Aired:" value in the SageTV Web Server and chose "Edit Show Info" and make it the same as the Date found by BMT all is sort of good. The only problem I am faced with now is that the SageTV Web Server will rename the imported file from what I have above to the format SageTV saves recordings. I then have to rename that file back to the format I use above and then everything is displayed correctly.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:43 PM
Sage Expert

I was seeing this on recorded TV stuff. Not imported. Of course I usually don't import as recording.

I have since switched back to the stock Sage TV views for now. But I can take a look again.