SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:48 PM
Sage Icon

Searching case issue?

I've noticed that with the recent versions that I'm having issues with metadata searching related to filename case.

MythBusters S11E07 finds no match on metadata search
Mythbusters S11E07 finds a match

Bizarrely thetvdb.com has the show with the spelling MythBusters

Looks like it may be an issue with the title cleaning
Code:
CLEAN_TITLE: Myth Busters,SEASON: 11,EPISODE: 07,RAW_TITLE: Myth Busters
TVDB Search: http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries...e=Myth+Busters

CLEAN_TITLE: Mythbusters,SEASON: 11,EPISODE: 07,RAW_TITLE: Mythbusters
TVDB Search: http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries...me=Mythbusters
John
Old 12-16-2012, 07:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, I see why this is happening...

Basically the tvdb search is really, really picky. ie, if you search for "Myth Busters" on tvdb you will get 0 hits, but, 'mythbusters' will return a result.

For BMT/Phoenix, its algorithm for searching is constantly being tweaked based on suggestions, bugs, etc. One thing that bmt does is that it "expands" CamelCase names and adds a space. it does this, because recordings are all CamelCase, and without doing the expansion, nothing would be found.

So, if your filenames are "MythBusters...." then the seach becomes, "Myth Busters".

My recommendation would be to add an entry to the MediaTitles.xml. You can do this straight from bmt when you fix search and fix the file, just select the Add Matcher to add a matcher to the MediaTitles.xml
Old 12-16-2012, 11:23 PM
Sage Icon

I should have highlighted that this is happening with imported videos. I understand the need to expand the CamelCase names for recordings, but I thought imported videos only used the formats defined in the scrappers and didn't do any "cleaning" of the titles.

I'll add an entry in MediaTitles.xml, but thought I'd mention that I'd noticed a change.

For completeness the filenames of the imported videos are:
"MythBusters S11E07.mp4" not found
"Mythbusters S11E07.mp4" found

"MythBusters S10E07.mp4" found, but that was some time ago

John
Old 12-17-2012, 05:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
I should have highlighted that this is happening with imported videos. I understand the need to expand the CamelCase names for recordings, but I thought imported videos only used the formats defined in the scrappers and didn't do any "cleaning" of the titles.

I'll add an entry in MediaTitles.xml, but thought I'd mention that I'd noticed a change.

For completeness the filenames of the imported videos are:
"MythBusters S11E07.mp4" not found
"Mythbusters S11E07.mp4" found

"MythBusters S10E07.mp4" found, but that was some time ago

John

Yeah, a few releases back (months ago), I added the camel case expansion for all media items. There were a couple of issues posted and so I "addressed" them by doing this fix... and like most of my fixes... it ends up causing grief for other users

When i get back to Phoenix development... I'll see if I can add a configuration option to ONLY expand camel case for recorded items.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Yeah, a few releases back (months ago), I added the camel case expansion for all media items. There were a couple of issues posted and so I "addressed" them by doing this fix... and like most of my fixes... it ends up causing grief for other users
I'ts certainly not causing me grief, it was just confusing for my addled mind when BMT didn't automagicly do it's stuff like it had done in the past. I didn't recall seeing any mention of a change in how imported video names were being handled, so didn't know whether it was an intentional change or not. I continue to be highly appreciative of your work on this awesome (and in my opinion practically mandatory for all users) addition to SageTV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
When i get back to Phoenix development... I'll see if I can add a configuration option to ONLY expand camel case for recorded items.
I'd feel guilty about you spending any time on this. There are at least 2 more than adequate solutions for this. The MediaTitles.xml and even the drastic solution of actually using a filename that doesn't use CamelCase.

John
Old 12-18-2012, 07:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks John... It's good to know it's not a pressing item.

Take care,
Sean.