SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

A little BMT help please

Well, I just rebuilt my sage computer box. All is working well, except for one little thing. When I check the metadata for all of the archived shows (many seasons of tv shows), the title in BMT look like the following:

Psych S01E01

The show title and the episode name are both the same "Psych S01E01"

The file saved is "Psych S01E01.avi"

I have about 500 of these issues. Is there some way to ask BMT to fix the titles and episodes and go scrape the metadata? Right now I'm doing it one slow show at a time (that'll take hours).

There must be a simple way, I just don't know it.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:36 PM
SageTVaholic

You should be able to pull up the missing metadata view, and then click Update Metadata and it will rescan all the files.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

It doesn't work; here's why:

A movie (for example) now has the title: 101 Dalmations II (2003)

Because of the year in the title (don't know how that happened), BMT can't find it on IMDB.

Also, for the television shows, the show has the title: Psych S01E01

That also causes BMT to not find anything.

If I manually change the title as follows:

101 Dalmations II (2003) ---> 101 Dalmations II

Then I can search for metadata, and all is well.

Similarly, if I manualy change the TV show to:

Psych S01E01 ---> Psych

And enter the season as 1 and the episode as 1, BMT finds the metadata just fine.

I don't know how to make the season/episode (for TV) and the year (for movies) get out of the search.

Help?
Old 01-09-2013, 05:24 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm wondering if your setup is corrupt somehow... Putting the year in a movie title is the best approach for any movie, (and it is what I do all the time), since many movies have the same name but were released in a different year.

Similarly, TV scraping involves parsing the season and episode from the file names, and the most reliable way to do that is to use the S##E## naming (which you are). I watch Psych all the time (love the show) and I'm not having any issue with finding metadata for that show.

In BMT when you pull up a Psych episode and click update metadata, there is a Discover Defaults button... when you press it... does it fill in the Show, Season and Episode automatically? (it should -- but if it's not, then you are definately have something corrupt)
Old 01-11-2013, 10:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

The "Discover Defaults" button works perfectly. Is there some way to make this a batch operation? I have many seasons of shows and doing this one show at a time is extremely time consuming.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
The "Discover Defaults" button works perfectly. Is there some way to make this a batch operation? I have many seasons of shows and doing this one show at a time is extremely time consuming.
My post (2 back) talks about the "batch"... the entire tool was written as a "batch", hence the name "'batch' metadata tools"

When you do Discover Defaults... it does the same thing as it does during a 'batch' except for a single file. I'm not sure what else to tell you.... When you do a batch update, just be sure to check off "Overwrite" in case BMT thinks the files don't need upating.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Got it....done....works perfectly.

One last question: there are a couple of TV shows that Sage keeps showing as archived movies. I've tried to make the changes to TV in BMT, but Sage keeps showing these as archived movies....
Old 01-13-2013, 06:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
Got it....done....works perfectly.

One last question: there are a couple of TV shows that Sage keeps showing as archived movies. I've tried to make the changes to TV in BMT, but Sage keeps showing these as archived movies....
Sometimes I have found that SageTV database becomes sticky for some metadata, and I'm not sure why. You can try to copy the file to another location, an then delete the .properties file for it. Then delete the file in sagetv and then copy the file back to sagetv, and tell sagetv to refresh its metadata. I used this a couple times myself to "fix" files that for some reason, sagetv refused to update.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'll give that a try. Thanks.