SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

EPG Incorrect Original Airing Dates

My EPG data shows some incorrect original airing dates. The dates are correct on ZapToIt. As a result (I believe), some favorites are not recording.

[EDIT 1/14/2013 12:25 - It appears that the error is in ZAP2it, not Sage. For several shows, the dates shown for original air dates are very old, leading me to believe that those dates are either original series air dates or just plain incorrect. For example, for the nightly news, it shows an original air date of 1/1/2000, certainly not an episode original air date. The date for "CBS News Sunday Morning" broadcast on 1/13/13 originally showed 1/28/79, but has now been corrected on the ZAP2it web site. The episode being broadcast next week - 1/20/13 - still shows 1/28/79. I have reported this to ZAP2it.]

For example, this morning, the show "CBS News Sunday Morning" shows in ZapToIt as having today's date (Jan 13, 2013) as the original airing date. But the Sage EPG shows 1/28/79. The show is new today, so the 1979 date is clearly incorrect. Sunday Morning is one of my favorites, set to record first runs. This morning, it did not record.

This issue appears on some shows, but not all. Some channels, not others. The dates are obviously incorrect for current news programs.

I searched and could not find this issue referenced anywhere.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Steve20A; 01-14-2013 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Additional Information/Solution
Old 01-13-2013, 01:15 PM
Sage Icon

I just checked that show in Chicago fo rthis morning, and it shows 1/13/2013.

Maybe with them messing with the EPG servers, you got bad data? I'd do the EPG "clear". (clear 2 properties, forget their name)
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)
Old 01-14-2013, 11:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Tried That - No Better - But...

@MattHelm - Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried that and when I looked at the Sage EPG for "CBS News Sunday Morning" for January 20th, it showed the old date of 1/28/79. HOWEVER - when I look at the Zap2It listing, it ALSO shows 1/28/79.

It appears that ZAP2it is showing the date the entire show first aired, as opposed to the date the specific episode first aired. I can't prove that ZAP2it ever showed the episode first-air date, but knowing when the entire show first aired is not useful (to me, anyway). ZAP2it does show that the episode is new and Sage shows that it will record, so I don't know why the episode on the 13th failed to record. (Maybe ZAP2it realizes they have an error and they corrected the entry for the 13th after the show air time, but they haven't gotten to next week's listing yet.)

There are also several other shows that display very old Original Air dates. And some are news shows (like the 11 O'clock news), so they are very unlikely to be repeats of decades old shows. I think ZAP2it has a bug. I'll try and report it to them.

Again, thanks for your response.