SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Please Help! Imported TV not Taking Sage Recorindgs Status

As stated in the title all my imported TV shows are not saving the Sage Recordings status when I set it in BMT I have .properties files for all sage recordings and imported videos.

Here is some background;
I was having issues with an HDHR tuner and could not get it to work. (This is not related but part of the backgroud). So I decided to rebuild my SageTV Server from scratch and in the end the HDHR still would not work. After getting SageTV up and running and working again. Before installing BMT and Gemstone again (they did work previously so I didn't think I'd have issues with them) I organized my files as follows:
New SageTV Recordings in D:\SAGETVRECORDINGS
Old SageTV Recordings (.mpg files from previous) in D:\OLDRECORDINGS
Imported Shows in D:\TV SHOWS
Imported Movies in D:\MOVIES
Home Movies: C:\USERS\NAME\VIDEOS

Before installing BMT and Gemstone all my old sagetv recordings were appearing in the All Recordings view in SageTV, I don't know why or how SageTV knew that theses were recordings but I was happy with this.

I then installed BMT and Gemtsone and found all the metadata and fanart for all my media, imported tv shows were being set properly as recordings everything was going great. I then noticed that a few of my old recordings were not in the old recordings view but I would find them in the Videos\Folders section of SageTV. I didn't like this so I manually set them as sage recordings using BMT and then they were fixed.

Next I thought I'd get my home movies setup but I had never tried to have a view for just my home movies, so in BMT I started messing with the 'Home Videos' in the configuration section and that is when everything started to go downhill. A bunch of my imported movies were now set as home videos as well as my imported tv shows, I was no longer happy. So I tried to undo what I had done and started doing a bunch of different things with Batch Operations in BMT but I just kept making things worse. I tried too many different things in order to fix my media but nothing would work.

I am now at a point where my old sagetv recordings no longer appear with new recordings, all old recordings and new recordings will not save as sage recordings in BMT. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling all 3 gemstone, bmt, phoenix multiple times and nothing seems to work. At this point in time, I have BMT and Gemstone installed, the only media in All Recordings is new recordings, all my imported media and old recordings I have to navigate to Videos\Folders to find them. Even movies don't appear to work, some of the imported TV shows get set to movie and appear with the movies in Gemstone Cover Flow.

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Last edited by clarenceb5; 01-14-2013 at 08:58 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Isn't it just fantastic when you find the solution to your own problem. Turns I changed the option on the import folders in SageTV (not sure if it's native to SageTV or if it's added by Gemstone) that allows you to set the import folders as 'Imports' or as 'Recordings'. When set to 'Imports' SageTV will not allow your your imported videos to be set to 'Sage Recordings' in BMT, but when set to 'Recordings' then the 'Sage Recordings' check box in BMT gets saved.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:28 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm glad you figured it out... I'm not aware of that particular setting so it may be a core sage or gemstone option... sounds more like a core sage setting though.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've attached a screen capture of the option in my SageTV Placeshifter which I haven't yet added Gemstone to so I'm going to assume it is native to SageTV.
Attached Images
File Type: png Import Folders Option - Recordings or Imports.png (373.2 KB, 315 views)
Old 01-15-2013, 07:51 AM
Sage Icon

You are correct, it's a Sagetv option, not a Gemstone thing.

J