SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Missing Metdata

When I used the Browse before in BMT I had a view missing metadata.. after the updates today ... now it appears to be missing anyway to get it back?
Old 02-25-2013, 12:11 PM
SageTVaholic

The missing metadata is a view that is contributed by the BMT plugin. Try restarting the sagetv server and see if it shows up after that.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:57 PM

Why do I do any of these updates?

I did the Phoenix core services update on 2/24/13. Now I am unable to update any metadata. For the longest time I was unable to pull tv metadata from tvdb, but now in BMT, when I click browse, there are no categories to chose from. The only text on the page is all views. After all the times I've been burned with updates, I don't know what posses me to do any of these updates any longer. My sage network is basically useless now to me know. Is there a way to revert?
Old 02-27-2013, 09:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

After the update, I lost the metadata on most of my 1500 films. Going to the GUI, I went to "missing metadata" and did an "update metadata". In this view it came back with 5 out of 700 titles. All of my films are in the "Film Title" (2012) format with the title movie database has. The thing is, if I do a manual search in the GUI, it will instantly find the metadata with the majority of times coming back with only 1 choice. I could see not returning data if there were multiple hits, but even in the case of multiple hits, the exact title as I have it is usually the first choice.

I had noticed previously after adding a few titles that only 1 or 2 would be populated with metadata. The rest I would just enter with a manual search. Now I don't really want to manually add 1500 films. How can i figure out what's going on?
Old 02-27-2013, 10:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachesin24 View Post
I did the Phoenix core services update on 2/24/13. Now I am unable to update any metadata. For the longest time I was unable to pull tv metadata from tvdb, but now in BMT, when I click browse, there are no categories to chose from. The only text on the page is all views. After all the times I've been burned with updates, I don't know what posses me to do any of these updates any longer. My sage network is basically useless now to me know. Is there a way to revert?
Maybe you could try, the Sticky on "How to repair a messed up Phoenix Install", and see if that helps...

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59565

Also, log files really help.

I feel your pain. It's not like I set out to see who's system can I destroy today?? I test it in development... and after I release it, I test it on my main server as well... and I haven't found any issues in the "code" per se... but I've seen lots of times (especially on a crappy windows machine where windows feels like it needs to lock files when a process looks at it) that the SageTV plugin manager fails to extract files correctly. That's why I created the above mentioned tool, and I recommend doing the most simplest of backup/recovery methods available... Browse to the sagetv folder, Right Click -> Copy, browse somewhere else... Right Click -> Paste.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by adone36 View Post
After the update, I lost the metadata on most of my 1500 films.
Let me assure you that I didn't add code to go in and delete your metadata. In fact while Phoenix has the ability to strip files of metadata, it does not do it automatically. Even during an automatic update, if there isn't valid metadata, then nothing happens (ie, I don't trip metadata).

Quote:
Going to the GUI, I went to "missing metadata" and did an "update metadata". In this view it came back with 5 out of 700 titles. All of my films are in the "Film Title" (2012) format with the title movie database has. The thing is, if I do a manual search in the GUI, it will instantly find the metadata with the majority of times coming back with only 1 choice. I could see not returning data if there were multiple hits, but even in the case of multiple hits, the exact title as I have it is usually the first choice.

I had noticed previously after adding a few titles that only 1 or 2 would be populated with metadata. The rest I would just enter with a manual search. Now I don't really want to manually add 1500 films. How can i figure out what's going on?
I've been noticing issues with IMDb lately. I think I may have to drop support totally for IMDB, and just rely on the TMDB provider. I suspect in your case, it is encountering an issue AFTER it finds the single result. I was seeing this case recently whereby someone posted an IMDb stack trace, showing that when it was gettnig the details, it crapped out. You can probably check your BMT configuration for the Movie Providers and take IMDB out of the list and just use "tmdb" and see if that solves your issues.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Sean, Ill give it a whirl. The only OTHER thing I did to Phoenix was to enable .properties. Previously I had this disabled because I thought it was largely superfluous an didn't want thousands of these files hanging around and needing to be looked after.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Wow. I changed config. (imdb was 1st, then tmdb) and removed imdb. My new update scan was 1050 : 34.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Wow. I changed config. (imdb was 1st, then tmdb) and removed imdb. My new update scan was 1050 : 34.
Yeah, imdb was most reliable, but lately, I've been finding that because of lots of changes to their site and the fact that they use geolocated IP addresses to serve up different content, that it's almost useless.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

IMDB is pretty much toast. I tried using it for movies mdb didn't have. It finds them instantly, but when you select them it comes back with cannot obtain metadata.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
IMDB is pretty much toast. I tried using it for movies mdb didn't have. It finds them instantly, but when you select them it comes back with cannot obtain metadata.
Yeah, i've been seeing (on some systems, not mine), that the find works, but the get details fails.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Seems strange that this problem is not universal.

I'm on Comcast and I get no packet loss and 6m/s d/l, but I and many of my friends have been complaining about getting long load times for web pages, and "page not found" followed by instant retrieval after a refresh for a while now. Maybe it's time to experiment with DNS servers.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Seems strange that this problem is not universal.

I'm on Comcast and I get no packet loss and 6m/s d/l, but I and many of my friends have been complaining about getting long load times for web pages, and "page not found" followed by instant retrieval after a refresh for a while now. Maybe it's time to experiment with DNS servers.
It's not universal because, in the IMDb scraper... it has to look at the HTML and scrape the data. With IMDB serving up different HTML depending on your geography (even though you got to imdb.com), I can't possible account for all variations on the html

I'll re-run my unit tests on the scraper again this weekend to see if it still passes in my geography.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
It's not universal because, in the IMDb scraper... it has to look at the HTML and scrape the data. With IMDB serving up different HTML depending on your geography (even though you got to imdb.com), I can't possible account for all variations on the html

I'll re-run my unit tests on the scraper again this weekend to see if it still passes in my geography.
Just wondering if your scrapper might work better on akas.imdb.com. I don't think it uses geolocation checking.

John
Old 03-01-2013, 12:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
Just wondering if your scrapper might work better on akas.imdb.com. I don't think it uses geolocation checking.

John
I think i"m coming the conclusion that I really don't want to support sites that don't provide an open api for access. Playing cat and mouse with imdb is tedious, and I really don't have time to spend on it