SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:57 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmellesmoen View Post
Worked for me as well on my newly purchased HD300. Definitely looks like some sort of firmware issue. Thanks Dave!
Good grief, it works for me too on my new HD300!

I had mine on a remote-control power strip to come on and off with all the other AV equipment - so it really did have a hard power-on every time it was used. I guess that made it certain I'd run into this problem. I'll need to bypass that and leave it running...
Old 10-21-2016, 11:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well, today I thought my HD300 bit the dust. It exhibited all the symptoms Dave described and I had tried everything from unplugging it to rebooting switches, server and router to no avail. I was about to pack it up and look for another extender until I stumbled on Dave's fix of powering up without the Ethernet cable and waiting till the Sagetv logo disappeared and what do you know, it worked! My HD300 is back online and working well. Thanks Dave!!
Old 11-14-2016, 04:40 PM

Works for me too

Dave's solution worked for me also. My HD300 would connect intermittently but I removed it for a couple of months then put it back in. No luck getting it to connect again until I read Dav's solution. Works like a charm. Thanks Dave.
Old 12-02-2017, 07:02 PM
Sage User

Hallelujah. Just had this same problem for the first time with one of my HD-300s. It's been problem free for quite a while and then suddenly won't connect.

Tried troubleshooting several ways with no success. Fortunately a quick forum search brought me here and the solution to plug the power back in before plugging the network cable worked like a charm.

Thanks all!
Old 12-30-2017, 11:16 PM
SageTVaholic

I just had an HD-200 that was stuck at the logo screen for about an hour - this method of rebooting without the network cable worked.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:07 PM
Sage User

I too have tried Dave's suggestion, but no luck. Sadly, I have reached the end of my faith in Sage. :-( I have spent far too many hours trying to get everything working again, even after initially being excited over the release of Open Source v9. The v9 server software appears to work reliably on my Win 7 Pro PC, at least in terms of its DVR functions. However my HD Theater 300 Extenders have become useless. So, I am not in the market for reliable "clients" for playing back SageTV DVR recordings and stored MP4 files. Perhaps Roku devices?

I have two of what should be operating HD300 units that I would be happy to send for only the price of shipping to whoever can recommend my best option(s).

I get, and appreciate, the excitement of the original SageTV team about the Google acquisition, but, as has happened innumerable times in the past, this was yet another instance of what really appears to have been a case of a large conglomerate (Google) becoming fearful of a really good competitor (SageTV) with superior technology and deciding to buy them out and then abandon their technology. Other well known examples are Betamax versus VHS and Internet Explorer versus Netscape.

Many thanks to all in this forum who have contributed to our collective SageTV experiences!
Old 01-06-2018, 09:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

I think the Nvidia Shield TV is your best option. The SageTV Miniclient works well, and you also get Netflix, Plex, Amazon, and pretty much everything else.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:26 PM
SageTVaholic

I agree that AndroidTV devices make a lot of sense. Even if you don’t use it for Sage you can use it for everything else - in most rooms in your house it could be the sole source. It can play pretty much all of the online services and there are even various ways of getting LiveTV ( not that I care about LiveTV) other than Sage like SlingTV or HDHR for OTA channels. And if you still have a SageTV server then it is even that much better.

A MiBox is a cheaper option but some people have had issues with Netflix due to DRM. And it isn’t clear about Amazon given the Amazon- Google war.