SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:03 AM
SageTVaholic

I do want a better update mechanism, and might as well leverage what we've alerady got. Part of doing so would require the manifest for said 'core' or 'mandatory' items be flagged as such. All this would take is a single <CORE /> tag in the manifest, and the logic handles that. CORE plugins could not be disabled.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-18-2015, 12:55 PM
Sage

I believe there are also system messages for when there are newer version of the SageTV software available. Those would of course need to be changed to look in a different location.

I really don't like the idea of making Sage.jar a plugin for SageTV....that just sounds scary. I understand the desire to use the update mechanism to do this..but you can make use of that facility without utilizing the whole plugin framework. IIRC, it's as easy as writing the source & dest path filenames to 'stagedrenames.txt' in the SageTV folder, then restarting SageTV (and it'll do that copy on startup, and then delete the .txt file, this is also cross-platform).

Just take a look at sage.plugin.StageCleaner.java and the startup script on Linux and the EXE on Windows, you'll see they both look for stagedrenames.txt, and if there they run StageCleaner and then they start SageTV.

So in reality...this could all be done via an STV plugin.