SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 11-01-2015, 01:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Does long pressing "A" or CENTER button do that? (I thought it should).
Center button on remote. It is not working to bring up options.
Old 11-01-2015, 03:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sean,

Do you have a shield tv? I thought I saw mention of somebody getting one to you. If not maybe we can arrange some donations to you for getting one as currently it's best android device out there for media playback.
Old 11-01-2015, 03:17 PM
SageTVaholic

The TRIAL display is what you get when you connect a placeshifter client to a server that is out of placeshifter licenses. On a v7 server, this means you need to add a placeshifter license. A v9 server doesn't have this check anymore.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 11-01-2015, 03:55 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
The TRIAL display is what you get when you connect a placeshifter client to a server that is out of placeshifter licenses. On a v7 server, this means you need to add a placeshifter license. A v9 server doesn't have this check anymore.
Thank you Fuzzy, That helps out alot.
Old 11-01-2015, 03:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustovier View Post
Sean,

Do you have a shield tv? I thought I saw mention of somebody getting one to you. If not maybe we can arrange some donations to you for getting one as currently it's best android device out there for media playback.
It's "in the mail" apparently I'm looking forward to getting it.

On a side note, I hooked up my Nexus Player via ethernet and I was impressed by how smooth it was... My WIFI must be really bad The UI over wifi was pretty good, but not HD300 smooth (which uses ethernet). But on Ethernet, the Nexus Player felt as smooth as HD300.
Old 11-01-2015, 04:18 PM
SageTVaholic

This build fixes a couple of minor issues and huge memory leak. Seeking MIGHT be working for people that can play MPR/MKV files.
Old 11-01-2015, 04:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

This build fixes a couple of minor issues and huge memory leak. Seeking MIGHT be working for people that can play MPR/MKV files.
Great job I can play Mp4 they play Instantly. (Nexus Player) are crystal clear no problem with artifacts.
Comskip works .

You deserver a beer

LiveTV HD still has a few artifacts.... but watchable.... not as clear as kodi or HDHomerunView.

Last edited by nyplayer; 11-01-2015 at 04:44 PM.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

That fixed my playback issue.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

memory jumped from 487,900 using 1 HD300 as soon as I started miniclient and started viewing livetv it jumped to 1,063,00.... after a while it came down to 897,000 more than acceptable.

Last edited by nyplayer; 11-01-2015 at 05:22 PM.
Old 11-01-2015, 06:21 PM
Sage User

Nexus player will not connect to the server it sits there until you press a button on the remote then it tells you "Unfotunately, sageminiclient has stopped." The log is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv-miniclient.txt (5.9 KB, 165 views)
Old 11-01-2015, 06:49 PM
Sage User

Fixed this problem of not connecting by stopping and restarting the server. The nexus player now connects, but the UI is scaled to 1/4 of the screen. When you play a video it is the proper size.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Sean

After removing my KODI PVR clients which use a lot of memory the Video playback is great no artifacts ... just de-interlacing and that is probably due to the imbedded player not de-interlacing.

Observations. Nexus Player.

1 Plays MP4 AVI MKV TS MPG everything.
2 UI rendering is fine.
3. Comskip works. (left and Right round button also work on Comskip).
4. The only Problem is that I cannot get to the Options menu.... to sort and filter the recordings.

All in all fantastic job.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:27 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gclayto View Post
All I can say is WOW, for an alpha product to work this smooth on a FireTV stick is amazing. The vlc option works very poorly, with it turned off its performance is more than acceptable. One question, "how do you get rid of the TRIAL bug that scrolls down the screen"? I look forward to seeing this progress into a mature product.

Do you have a 5ghz wifi router near to a fire stick? Try connecting Fire Stick to 5ghz wifi instead of the 2.4ghz wifi.

5ghz wifi suppose to be better with media streaming but range is poor, router need to be close by. I am using 5ghz wifi myself and performance is the same to me in both VLC and other player.

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 11-02-2015, 12:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

I can't even get the menu to display properly on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9. When I was running PlaceShifter on my computer, I got a "trial" message, but when I turned it off on my computer, I was able to get past that, but got a garbled main menu screen.
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCRUser View Post
I can't even get the menu to display properly on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9. When I was running PlaceShifter on my computer, I got a "trial" message, but when I turned it off on my computer, I was able to get past that, but got a garbled main menu screen.
Can you take a screen shot. If this is the Tab from 2011, then it may just be that that the hardware/OS is going to be too old to work properly. The initial focus is getting a fully functional extender on just 1 or two devices, and then we can start troubleshooting specific devices.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sean

A bit of feedback from a Nexus 4 user in the UK. VLC plays mpeg4 and avi's but didnt play my recordings or live TV. Using IJK it played pretty much everything including live TV and recordings, it even plays HD channels which my PC placeshifter does not. Sometimes the screen is not responsive to swipes and you need to press the item you want and i'm not sure of how to get out of the guide view i.e. back to the main menu if you don't want to platy a channel.

Many thanks for your work its looking great.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gclayto View Post
Fixed this problem of not connecting by stopping and restarting the server. The nexus player now connects, but the UI is scaled to 1/4 of the screen. When you play a video it is the proper size.
When the client starts it has to send a message to the server telling it what size the screen is... in some cases this throws an error (which I now catch so the app doesn't just crash). I need to fix this bug, so that sagetv can send you full screen size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Sean

After removing my KODI PVR clients which use a lot of memory the Video playback is great no artifacts ... just de-interlacing and that is probably due to the imbedded player not de-interlacing.

Observations. Nexus Player.

1 Plays MP4 AVI MKV TS MPG everything.
2 UI rendering is fine.
3. Comskip works. (left and Right round button also work on Comskip).
4. The only Problem is that I cannot get to the Options menu.... to sort and filter the recordings.
This is good news. Out of curiousity what are the files types for which you are using comskip? ie, mp4, .ts, etc.

The options menu should launch after a long press on A/CENTER, but there must be a bug. This was working, but I tested it last night and it's not working, so I need to fix that.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:47 AM
SageTVaholic

I use Comskip on all file types... and they all worked.
Old 11-02-2015, 07:11 AM
SageTVaholic

First Post is Updated to include Navigation and Hardware

FYI....

I've updated the first post to include sections on Navigation and Hardware. The Navigation section include the gestures for working on a phone/tablet, and it include the remote button actions.

The Hardware list is a list of links to posts where people have identified the app as working or not working. There is a list of working and non-working. I'll keep the lists updated as more and more posts come in.

So, for I'm seeing 2 Samsung devices in the Not Working section... this is not looking good for Samsung. My kids have the S5... maybe I'll install it on their phones, and see what happens.
Old 11-02-2015, 07:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
FYI....

I've updated the first post to include sections on Navigation and Hardware. The Navigation section include the gestures for working on a phone/tablet, and it include the remote button actions.

The Hardware list is a list of links to posts where people have identified the app as working or not working. There is a list of working and non-working. I'll keep the lists updated as more and more posts come in.

So, for I'm seeing 2 Samsung devices in the Not Working section... this is not looking good for Samsung. My kids have the S5... maybe I'll install it on their phones, and see what happens.
I see you have the Nexus Player as working and not working mine is fully works.

1. I am Running the Latest Marshmallow android 6.0
2. I am Using a USB hub with a usb to Nic adapter... not using wireless.
3. I only Have Kodi with Plex Plugin and HDHomerun View and the default apps. ... mostly a clean Nexus.
4. I am using the Diamond Legacy theme (Diamond Blue Too)

Last edited by nyplayer; 11-02-2015 at 08:11 AM.