SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-04-2017, 02:14 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
What do you mean by "lost"?
Are they gone from your guide?
Do they not record correctly? What happens when you try to record or playback?
Are there error messages in the log?
When this originally started, I would get 'no signal' when I tuned to the channel

As I mentioned above, nothing tunes. I tried to do a re-scan, but the channels I used to get no longer show up a in the scan. These channels do show up under HDHomerun

Where would I find these (sorry, I should know this but don't remember. I believe in need to toggle something)

Last edited by nkd; 09-04-2017 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-04-2017, 04:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkd View Post
When this originally started, I would get 'no signal' when I tuned to the channel

As I mentioned above, nothing tunes. I tried to do a re-scan, but the channels I used to get no longer show up a in the scan. These channels do show up under HDHomerun

Where would I find these (sorry, I should know this but don't remember. I believe in need to toggle something)
Please post the SageTV and OpenDCT logs after tuning into a channel fails so we can see what is breaking.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 09-04-2017, 07:47 PM
Sage User

Attached
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs.zip (344.3 KB, 132 views)
Old 09-04-2017, 08:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Attached
Thanks. The HDHomeRun communication looks like it's working really well, but for some reason RTP UDP traffic isn't being received. This is usually an issue with the firewall blocking incoming traffic.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Old 09-04-2017, 10:05 PM
Sage User

The firewall setting looks ok, see attached images in zip.

Strangely when i go to
Setup--> Setup video sources --> DCT: HDHomeRun Prime Tuner ..... --> Channel setup --> scan for available channels

and run a scan, many channels that are available on HDHR app (image in zip) do not show up in Sage. I did check to make sure that the channels do work using HDHR app
Attached Files
File Type: zip Firewall.zip (31.3 KB, 128 views)
Old 09-05-2017, 01:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Run a channel scan from the HDHR web interface's Channel Lineup page. It takes a while, but it then populates the channel list on the HDHomeRun, which I believe is what OpenDCT uses to respond to sagetv's scan request.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-05-2017, 10:28 AM
Sage Icon

Question.
If local network addresses change, should I need to rerun the config tool?

The reason I ask, is Comcast screwed up my dad's network, an he could not record. I was able to get things working, but I did it by tweaking the settings by hand, then rerunning the config script. Even then, it kept reporting the wrong address when doing the channel scan. 192.168.0.9 vs 192.168.0.3.
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)
Old 09-05-2017, 11:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHelm View Post
Question.
If local network addresses change, should I need to rerun the config tool?

The reason I ask, is Comcast screwed up my dad's network, an he could not record. I was able to get things working, but I did it by tweaking the settings by hand, then rerunning the config script. Even then, it kept reporting the wrong address when doing the channel scan. 192.168.0.9 vs 192.168.0.3.
I'm not sure what you're asking. Do you mean the network encoder server itself changed IP addresses or the HDHomeRun changed IP addresses? If it's the latter, OpenDCT should be able to handle the situation without much hassle since it keeps track of them by name and MAC address and should be able to re-discover the HDHomeRun if it changes IP addresses. If the network encoder server itself changes IP addresses, SageTV doesn't appear to handle that situation well and servers really shouldn't be using DHCP if it can avoided.

Old 09-05-2017, 11:31 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Run a channel scan from the HDHR web interface's Channel Lineup page. It takes a while, but it then populates the channel list on the HDHomeRun, which I believe is what OpenDCT uses to respond to sagetv's scan request.
I have done that multiple times without success .. I added a image of the HDHR scan output in the zip flie. It is a very strange situation
Old 09-05-2017, 01:02 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylo View Post
Check your antivirus to make sure it didn't kill any important parts to opendct.

Mine so helpfully killed the main binary needed for opendct to work (wrapper).

Edit: it wasn't clear if you lost all hdhr channels or just some. Do you have any other tuners?
Sorry, i missed this post ..

I have some channels so the tuning is working on all 3 tuners. Many channels are just not showing up under Sage even after a rescan (in HDHR and Sage)
Old 09-05-2017, 01:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I have done that multiple times without success .. I added a image of the HDHR scan output in the zip flie. It is a very strange situation
I'm not talking about in the HDHomeRunConfig program on the windows PC. I'm talking about the web interface of the HDHR itself. OpenDCT doens't require any HDHR software to function, it talks to the HDHR directly. Consequently, channel scanning should be done on the hdhr directly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lineup_page.jpg (50.5 KB, 130 views)

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.

Last edited by Fuzzy; 09-05-2017 at 01:21 PM.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:55 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I'm not talking about in the HDHomeRunConfig program on the windows PC. I'm talking about the web interface of the HDHR itself. OpenDCT doens't require any HDHR software to function, it talks to the HDHR directly. Consequently, channel scanning should be done on the hdhr directly.
I had forgotten about web interface scan, it has been so long since i have had issues ...
I just completed a HDHR scan using the web interface and do see that all the channels i am interested in and should be able to tune to are available. (see attached zip).
I then did a full channel scan (without removing the sources) in Sage and there were a few updates but not all channels are there
For example 702 and 705 don't show up. 702 is the same as 1002 and 705 is same as 1005 and those show up. I get 703 but its equivalent 1011 does not.
I have added lineup.xml (renamed to lineup.txt for upload) as a attachment also.
It's all very strange ...

The good news is that at least i have the primary channels that i (actually my family) need now but i will have to sort the remaining channels (that i should be able to tune to) soon.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Scans.zip (96.2 KB, 111 views)
File Type: txt lineup.txt (83.5 KB, 123 views)

Last edited by nkd; 09-05-2017 at 10:03 PM. Reason: added lineup.xml
Old 09-06-2017, 03:05 AM
SageTVaholic

if KTVUDT is already in your guide at 1002, sage will not add it again at 702. Sage will only list a given channel once in the guide, no matter how many different lineups it exists in - this same mechanic applies when parsing a scan - since it already has it at 1002, when openDCT tells sage that it has KTVUDT at 702, sage will skip it because it already has that channel elsewhere. If you would rather it show up at 702 instead of 1002, you can remap it in sage's channel manager (hit options from the guide).

The same would hold true for 705+1005, and 703+1011. Only one of each channel will exist in the guide. Which number it will be present at really just depends on which one was added first.

Old 09-06-2017, 06:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I had forgotten about web interface scan, it has been so long since i have had issues ...
I just completed a HDHR scan using the web interface and do see that all the channels i am interested in and should be able to tune to are available. (see attached zip).
I then did a full channel scan (without removing the sources) in Sage and there were a few updates but not all channels are there
For example 702 and 705 don't show up. 702 is the same as 1002 and 705 is same as 1005 and those show up. I get 703 but its equivalent 1011 does not.
I have added lineup.xml (renamed to lineup.txt for upload) as a attachment also.
It's all very strange ...

The good news is that at least i have the primary channels that i (actually my family) need now but i will have to sort the remaining channels (that i should be able to tune to) soon.
I still think the firewall rules created by the installer might not be working correctly if running a scan on the device made some things start working again. It looked like in your logs that channels that could be tuned in via HTTP were working and RTP ones were not. Can you try disabling the Windows firewall and/or any other software you might have installed that could interfere with network traffic temporarily?

Old 09-06-2017, 11:55 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
I still think the firewall rules created by the installer might not be working correctly if running a scan on the device made some things start working again. It looked like in your logs that channels that could be tuned in via HTTP were working and RTP ones were not. Can you try disabling the Windows firewall and/or any other software you might have installed that could interfere with network traffic temporarily?
Will do and report back this evening ..
Old 09-06-2017, 11:59 AM
Sage User

Quote:
if KTVUDT is already in your guide at 1002, sage will not add it again at 702. Sage will only list a given channel once in the guide, no matter how many different lineups it exists in - this same mechanic applies when parsing a scan - since it already has it at 1002, when openDCT tells sage that it has KTVUDT at 702, sage will skip it because it already has that channel elsewhere. If you would rather it show up at 702 instead of 1002, you can remap it in sage's channel manager (hit options from the guide).

The same would hold true for 705+1005, and 703+1011. Only one of each channel will exist in the guide. Which number it will be present at really just depends on which one was added first.
I think that is it .... I had not realized that Comcast had created a duplicate lineup ... It is just strange though that the channel # that is selected to tune to is random (or at least seams random).

But that could be related to the firewall rules that EnterNoEscape is talking about. When i get home this evening i will turn off the firewall and report back
Old 09-06-2017, 12:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
I'm not sure what you're asking. Do you mean the network encoder server itself changed IP addresses or the HDHomeRun changed IP addresses? If it's the latter, OpenDCT should be able to handle the situation without much hassle since it keeps track of them by name and MAC address and should be able to re-discover the HDHomeRun if it changes IP addresses. If the network encoder server itself changes IP addresses, SageTV doesn't appear to handle that situation well and servers really shouldn't be using DHCP if it can avoided.
Oops, let me explain. I had my dad's router set to use 192.168.1.1 and the server's address fixed at 192.168.1.100 by the router. (I ask them before the install to use bridge mode. Please note, this router is 250+ miles away, and I wasn't there to get things set correctly when installed.) All was working fine.

When Comcast replaced their modem, they set it in router mode, and set it to 192.168.1.1. Dad's router saw this, so changed it's LAN addresses to 192.168.0.1, and all fixed address went from x.x.1.x to x.x.0.x. Of course that included the server and Ceton turner.

While trying to fixing everything, I noticed that when the OpenDCT config script ran, it said it was reading the channel lineup from 192.168.0.109, but the Ceton was now at 192.168.0.103. What's really weird, is it seems to have read the lineup! I'm not sure where the 192.168.0.109 came from. I did check the OpenDCT logs after the last restart, and everything was pointing to 192.168.0.103, so in the end, everything worked.
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)
Old 09-06-2017, 03:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I think that is it .... I had not realized that Comcast had created a duplicate lineup ... It is just strange though that the channel # that is selected to tune to is random (or at least seams random).

But that could be related to the firewall rules that EnterNoEscape is talking about. When i get home this evening i will turn off the firewall and report back
It's not so much random, as just whichever one was added 'first'. This depends on a few things - each scan is done in numerical order, so from a fresh start, the lowest number channel would be the one that sticks, because when it gets to the higher number, it will find the channel still in the list. However, on subsequent later scans, there are already channels there, so say they have for a long time had a channel at 1002, and recently added it at 702. 1002 is already in sage's list, so when it gets to 702 in a scan, it skips it. Quirky, but once you know about it, it makes sense.

Over the years, I have come to the realization that since the cable companies seem to put channels wherever they please, with little rhyme or reason, I end up remapping most my lineup into more logical 'groups' anyway (typically removing a lot of fluff that I know will never be tuned in).

In either case, a firewall is not going to be 'altering' the scan results - the scan would either work or it wouldn't - so the lack of a couple channels is not going to be firewall related.

Old 09-06-2017, 04:16 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Will do and report back this evening ..
Ok, so i did the following
1. Shutdown SageTV service
2. Made a copy of the SageTV directory
3. Disabled the firewall (see image in zip)
4. Started SageTV service and UI
5. Deleted all video sources
6. Shutdown SageTV and services; and restarted
7. Started SageTV and scanned for channels
8. Shutdown SageTV and services
9. Collected all the logfiles, these are attached

I did not do any cleanup of channels etc. but a quick scan does not show any changes with or without the firewall enabled.

Let me know if you want me to do something different. I will keep this copy of SageTV dir
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs.zip (169.5 KB, 115 views)
Old 09-06-2017, 05:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ok, so i did the following
1. Shutdown SageTV service
2. Made a copy of the SageTV directory
3. Disabled the firewall (see image in zip)
4. Started SageTV service and UI
5. Deleted all video sources
6. Shutdown SageTV and services; and restarted
7. Started SageTV and scanned for channels
8. Shutdown SageTV and services
9. Collected all the logfiles, these are attached

I did not do any cleanup of channels etc. but a quick scan does not show any changes with or without the firewall enabled.

Let me know if you want me to do something different. I will keep this copy of SageTV dir
The scan looks normal. I was referring to channels you said you couldn't tune in when I was talking about the Firewall, but now that you've done a channel scan on the HDHomeRun, it's unlikely that you'll have any channels tuning over RTP since they can now all tuner over HTTP. It sounds like you're now mostly interested in what channels are being selected in a channel scan. Fuzzy is definitely more qualified than most to comment on this part of SageTV.