SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-18-2019, 12:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

@sic0048 are you using the dynamic or raw consumer?
Old 12-18-2019, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emveepee View Post
@dapharsyde although possibly not related to your problem, I see an issue in your logs perhaps with my understanding of the protocal. OpenDCT is trying to create a file to tell us about the DRM issue instead of streaming it over the Media port.

I was passing a filename 'stdout' as reference for myself thinking it was never used, maybe this has to be a valid filename on the server.

Back to my post, I will try to simplify the question. Are any SageTV users using the Ceton device and can it take 20 or 30 seconds on some channels (other than Music Choice)?

Martin
Yea I did notice that too, but I think it is unrelated to the tuning problem. I also have to apologize, the slow tuning behavior I was seeing before is probably a red herring.

The bigger issue I'm having is that tuning to the same channel sometimes reports it as Copy Free, but at other times it is Copy Never. Unfortunately I don't know enough about how the DRM works, but this seems like strange unexpected behavior that could be worked around.

I am happy to provide additional log files if necessary, if somebody could help with this.
Old 12-26-2019, 09:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapharsyde View Post
Yea I did notice that too, but I think it is unrelated to the tuning problem. I also have to apologize, the slow tuning behavior I was seeing before is probably a red herring.

The bigger issue I'm having is that tuning to the same channel sometimes reports it as Copy Free, but at other times it is Copy Never. Unfortunately I don't know enough about how the DRM works, but this seems like strange unexpected behavior that could be worked around.

I am happy to provide additional log files if necessary, if somebody could help with this.
If you're using the older 4 tuner Ceton model, the issue you're running into is related to analog copy protection flags. They are often discovered a few seconds into streaming and do not always exist; that's why everything seems fine until it isn't. Ceton never put out a firmware that removed that no longer required enforcement for the 4 tuner model. The 6 tuner model on the latest firmware will ignore this flag. If you want to disable the copy protection notifications, you can change error_videos_enabled=true to error_videos_enabled=false in opendct.properties (be sure to stop the service before changing this).
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 02-17-2020, 02:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Can someone take a look into these logs to help me determine where to start looking for the cause.

I can no longer get through a recording without it stopping and starting again, causing sage to create multiple video files.

The only thing that has changed with my system is the last Windows update and upgraded my entire network with Unifi gear. (I'm assuming I don't have to have UnPn turned on in the router for all this to work..?)
Attached Files
File Type: zip opendct.2020-02-17-2.log.zip (224.8 KB, 148 views)
Old 02-17-2020, 07:20 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaCrew View Post
The only thing that has changed with my system is the last Windows update and upgraded my entire network with Unifi gear. (I'm assuming I don't have to have UnPn turned on in the router for all this to work..?)
I use UniFi gear and I have UPnP disabled and I don't have any issues.

--John
Old 02-21-2020, 07:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Can someone take a look into these logs to help me determine where to start looking for the cause.

I can no longer get through a recording without it stopping and starting again, causing sage to create multiple video files.

UPnP on the router isn't going to matter since we don't attempt to automatically open ports to the internet. The SageTV logs might help too since it looks like SageTV is telling OpenDCT to stop and start again. Prior to being told to stop, OpenDCT doesn't appear to be seeing any issues. Maybe disk issues?
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Old 02-21-2020, 09:13 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:

Is a Ubiquity Ultimate Dream Machine Pro (UDM-Pro) part of your network? There have been some reports that the UDM-Pro intermittently stops passing network traffic. Easiest way to troubleshoot this might be to temporarily restore your old network configuration to see if the problems disappear.
System #1: Win7-64, I7-920, 8 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java-64 1.8.0_141. Sage-64 v9.2.1 ATSC: 2x HDHR-US (1st gen white) tuners. HD-200.
System #2: Win7-64, I7-920, 8 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java 1.8.0_131. Sage v9.1.6.747. ClearQAM: 2x HDHR3-US tuners. HD-200.
System #3: Win7-64, I7-920, 12 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java-64 1.8.0_141. Sage-64 v9.2.1 ATSC: 2x HVR2250; Spectrum Cable via HDPVR & USB-UIRT. 3x HD-200.
Old 02-21-2020, 07:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

unRAID SageTV/OpenDCT newborn here.
tried searching; my google-fu is failing me.

Got both dockers installed, and i'm trying to set up my tuners.
HDHR3-CC (3 channel cable card.)
I've noticed, the lineup dct_hdhomerun.properties file doesn't have a populated channel listing in it, like on my current windows setup.

how do I kick off the console-only script such that the docker updates the lineup file properly? I tried opening a docker console and I get the following:

Running OpenDCT Digital Cable Tuner for SageTV...
OpenDCT Digital Cable Tuner for SageTV is already running.

stopping the service kills the docker, so that doesn't work.
Setup #7.6 Hyper-V (again!)
Hardware: Comcast Basic Digital Cable, (1) HDHR3-CC 20170815 firmware, 36GB "system" drive, 2TB laptop drives, a buttload of archive drives, HP DL380G6 2x X5660 processors (4 cores to VM), 4GB ram
Software: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64, SageTV v9.1.2.662, Java v1.8.0_131, STV 2017052101, HD300 extenders
Old 02-22-2020, 05:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
UPnP on the router isn't going to matter since we don't attempt to automatically open ports to the internet. The SageTV logs might help too since it looks like SageTV is telling OpenDCT to stop and start again. Prior to being told to stop, OpenDCT doesn't appear to be seeing any issues. Maybe disk issues?
I believe that was Exactly the problem. Once again THANK YOU. I would have never found the problem (via the logs) without your direction. The recording SSD was having issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustFred View Post
Is a Ubiquity Ultimate Dream Machine Pro (UDM-Pro) part of your network? There have been some reports that the UDM-Pro intermittently stops passing network traffic. Easiest way to troubleshoot this might be to temporarily restore your old network configuration to see if the problems disappear.
I have the NON Pro model.
Old 02-24-2020, 07:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
unRAID SageTV/OpenDCT newborn here.
tried searching; my google-fu is failing me.

Got both dockers installed, and i'm trying to set up my tuners.
HDHR3-CC (3 channel cable card.)
I've noticed, the lineup dct_hdhomerun.properties file doesn't have a populated channel listing in it, like on my current windows setup.

how do I kick off the console-only script such that the docker updates the lineup file properly? I tried opening a docker console and I get the following:

Running OpenDCT Digital Cable Tuner for SageTV...
OpenDCT Digital Cable Tuner for SageTV is already running.

stopping the service kills the docker, so that doesn't work.
It sounds like you have never run the channel scan on the HDHomerun device itself. Note that this is not required nor is that file being populated required to use the tuner.

Old 07-02-2020, 08:04 PM
SageTVaholic

I cannot see t get captions to work ...

My Settings
consumer.dynamic.default=opendct.consumer.FFmpegTransSageTVConsumerImpl
consumer.ffmpeg.ccextractor_all_streams=true
consumer.ffmpeg.ccextractor_custom_options=-1
consumer.ffmpeg.ccextractor_enabled=true
consumer.ffmpeg.circular_buffer_size=7864320

Doc

CCExtractor Options:
This enables extracting of both CC1 and CC2. If this is off, it will output only CC1. You will likely want to leave this set to true.
consumer.ffmpeg.ccextractor_custom_options=
This can be any combination of valid CCExtractor options with the exception of -12, -1, -2, -in=, -out= and -o. Some people might want to change how roll-up captions are written for example. These options are sanitized to prevent execution of other programs, so you will not be able to do that from this option.
consumer.ffmpeg.ccextractor_enabled=false
This enables CCExtractor when set to true.
Old 07-02-2020, 10:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post

My Settings

Doc

CCExtractor Options:
This enables extracting of both CC1 and CC2. If this is off, it will output only CC1. You will likely want to leave this set to true.
This can be any combination of valid CCExtractor options with the exception of -12, -1, -2, -in=, -out= and -o. Some people might want to change how roll-up captions are written for example. These options are sanitized to prevent execution of other programs, so you will not be able to do that from this option.
consumer.ffmpeg.ccextractor_custom_options=-1 might be throwing an exception in the logs. Do you have a log of a recording with this setting enabled?

Old 07-03-2020, 07:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Logs attached I remove the -1 ... look for Jay Leno
Attached Files
File Type: zip wrapper.zip (247.3 KB, 121 views)
Old 07-04-2020, 12:36 AM
Sage User

Quote:

My Settings

Doc

CCExtractor Options:
I am also having problems with .srt files not being created (noted in another thread). My settings in opendct.properties are the same as nyplayer's, without the -1 in the custom properties. I am not getting any .srt files created. Normally, when working correctly, with each recording the following files are created:
.ts
CC1.srt
CC2.srt
.log
.my
.ts.properties

I am currently only getting the .ts, the .log and .ts.properties files.
i5-6600K, 16GB, GeForce GT730 2GB, Win10 Pro 20H2, Java: 64-bit 1.8.0_271, SageTV x64 9.2.2.903
Old 07-08-2020, 09:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Logs attached I remove the -1 ... look for Jay Leno
https://github.com/enternoescape/ope...nfig.java#L222

https://github.com/enternoescape/ope...Impl.java#L134

Sorry for the delayed response. The feature is incompatible with upload ID.

Old 07-08-2020, 10:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
https://github.com/enternoescape/ope...nfig.java#L222

https://github.com/enternoescape/ope...Impl.java#L134

Sorry for the delayed response. The feature is incompatible with upload ID.
What do I need to change in my properties to make it work ?
Old 07-08-2020, 06:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordyp View Post
I am also having problems with .srt files not being created (noted in another thread). My settings in opendct.properties are the same as nyplayer's, without the -1 in the custom properties. I am not getting any .srt files created. Normally, when working correctly, with each recording the following files are created:
.ts
CC1.srt
CC2.srt
.log
.my
.ts.properties

I am currently only getting the .ts, the .log and .ts.properties files.
I got this working by setting these ....

consumer.ffmpeg.upload_id_enabled=false
consumer.raw.upload_id_enabled=false

Last edited by nyplayer; 07-08-2020 at 06:36 PM.
Old 07-09-2020, 06:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I got this working by setting these ....

consumer.ffmpeg.upload_id_enabled=false
consumer.raw.upload_id_enabled=false
Yep. Those will do it.

Old 07-09-2020, 06:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yep. Those will do it.
I want to say thanks ... This plugin makes the Android miniclient better than the HD300 I have replaced them with FireTV 4K. Now I can watch LiveTV with CC.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I want to say thanks ... This plugin makes the Android miniclient better than the HD300 I have replaced them with FireTV 4K. Now I can watch LiveTV with CC.
You're very welcome. I'm glad this has afforded you a positive experience.