SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 01-02-2016, 07:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Did you try the -2 beta version a couple of times. I get kicked out with server connections from time to time on all versions. Usually restarting the application fixes the issue for a bit. If you only gave it one or two tries, then it might just be a coincidence. In the preferences, you can try sending the log file, or logging to sd card, and sending the log file.

I can't think of why beta 1 and 2 would have such different results. Especially since not much changes in terms of the player. Most of the changes were around key press handling.
Old 01-03-2016, 01:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
Regarding audio passthrough, using ExoPlayer in the miniclient I am able to get AC3 5.1 when playing back these .ts files. Also, I am able to get DTS playback (core DTS of DTS-HD) in MKV files I have tried.
On what device, Nexus Player? Pass-through on < Android 6 is somewhat hacked together and Nvidia hasn't updated Shield Android TV yet.

From what I can gather, ExoPlayer should use Pass-through where available, fall back to a decoder as a second option, and finally throws an exception if neither are applicable on the target device. Shield should satisfy #1 and #2 for Dolby Digital surround.

What I'm actually seeing is the Shield outputting raw PCM instead of passing through the ac3 as if it's failing back to the decoder. But the resulting PCM is silent. Since the same thing is happening with Plex, which also uses ExoPlayer, the "fix" may be to wait for a new version of ExoPlayer or for Shield to get updated to Marshmallow.

For the curious, Kodi passes the DD5.1 through no problem.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm9843 View Post
On what device, Nexus Player?
This is on the Shield. I get the same passthrough behavior in the Sage MiniClient using ExoPlayer as I do in Kodi and Plex: DD for .ts and .mkv and DTS (core, not full DTS-HD MA) for .mkv.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
This is on the Shield. I get the same passthrough behavior in the Sage MiniClient using ExoPlayer as I do in Kodi and Plex: DD for .ts and .mkv and DTS (core, not full DTS-HD MA) for .mkv.
Thanks - must be my TV then (2015 LG 55EG9100). Which is odd because it really can decode DD but the Shield/ExoPlayer is sending out PCM instead. But the display should also handle that with aplomb... So the lack of any sound at all led me to believe that there must be an issue with the decoded stream. I only mentioned Kodi passing thru okay because it does not use ExoPlayer and is, I think, more lenient in what it'll attempt based on user-specified capabilities of the device.

Sorry for polluting your MPEG2 thread Sean.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:09 AM
SageTVaholic

FYI... beta 3 should fix the IJKPlayer playback issues.